Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the map showing preferred rooms on the first page of the thread accurate as of today? It’s from 2012 and I want to see if the Skyliner has changed the preferred rooms.

Also, is there a site or thread here that shows the individual preferred rooms? There’s a great site that does that specifically for Port Orleans. I’m trying to see how restricted you are with getting a standard room and requesting one near the lobby, Skyliner, etc. This is easier in some resorts than others.

Is the map showing preferred rooms on the first page of the thread accurate as of today? It’s from 2012 and I want to see if the Skyliner has changed the preferred rooms.

Also, is there a site or thread here that shows the individual preferred rooms? There’s a great site that does that specifically for Port Orleans. I’m trying to see how restricted you are with getting a standard room and requesting one near the lobby, Skyliner, etc. This is easier in some resorts than others.

This is a map showing where room categories are located at Pop:

Attachments

• C90CC025-FA49-455D-B1E2-D7A949DB0F1C.png
    C90CC025-FA49-455D-B1E2-D7A949DB0F1C.png
    309.7 KB · Views: 96
This is a map showing where room categories are located at Pop:

Thanks! That’s more or less the same as the one on the first page, so if this is current, it looks like they didn’t add more preferred rooms when the Skyliner was added Theoretically, you could get a standard room in Building 4 or 5 on the back side and be pretty close to everything.

I'm not sure what the refurb schedule is, but I saw Petals was open on Friday

(I think they were Thursday too but couldn't say with certainty. I was doing laundry Friday when at the time they opened.)
Petals and the 1960s Laundry "historically" aren't affected by a Hippy Dippy refurb.

Booking my park reservations now. Epcot opens at 11 each day. I’ve heard you can get in the parks 45 minutes before official opening. I think in the past I’ve gone to Epcot via international gateway but couldn’t get past France until the park was officially open. Am I remembering correctly or can you wander around world showcase before 11?

Last edited:
Booking my park reservations now. Epcot opens at 11 each day. I’ve heard you can get in the parks 45 minutes before official opening. I think in the past I’ve gone to Epcot via international gateway but couldn’t get past France until the park was officially open. Am I remembering correctly or can you wander around work showcase before 11?

In September we were able to access the whole park before official opening time so I’m sure that is the case now too

Has anyone had luck lately with room requests?

I’m 1 out of 5 with getting anything close to what I requested, so I’m not too hopeful, but I’m still going to try!

Has anyone had luck lately with room requests?

I’m 1 out of 5 with getting anything close to what I requested, so I’m not too hopeful, but I’m still going to try!
If you don't get what you want, you're welcome to contact Guest Services and request a different room. I have done that a number of times and they've always found a room location I'm happier with. The trade off to that is the new room is not always ready so I may need to wait for it to be cleaned.

If you don't get what you want, you're welcome to contact Guest Services and request a different room. I have done that a number of times and they've always found a room location I'm happier with. The trade off to that is the new room is not always ready so I may need to wait for it to be cleaned.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if all buildings have king bed rooms? In the past, long before the renovations, DH and I would always request a king bed but almost never got one. I was checking in on-line today for our late April long weekend trip and see that now one of the room requests is king bed, which really surprised me! We always request ground floor first , then 50's sections second. I kept to this for now but can change it later if I decide to try it.

Does anyone know if all buildings have king bed rooms? In the past, long before the renovations, DH and I would always request a king bed but almost never got one. I was checking in on-line today for our late April long weekend trip and see that now one of the room requests is king bed, which really surprised me! We always request ground floor first , then 50's sections second. I kept to this for now but can change it later if I decide to try it.
All the Pop buildings have King rooms but there are not a lot of them and many are accessible rooms so those requiring that accommodation would get them first.

Since it's now an option to request it can't hurt to try! Just go in knowing it may not be able to be accommodated.

All the Pop buildings have King rooms but there are not a lot of them and many are accessible rooms so those requiring that accommodation would get them first.

Since it's now an option to request it can't hurt to try! Just go in knowing it may not be able to be accommodated.
Thanks for the response!! Trying to decide if I want to try it or if the location is more important, especially now that all the rooms have the queen bed.

Doing a last minute 1 night stay this week and haven't stayed at Pop in 15+ years.

Is there a place to change near the pools? Was hoping to swim after checkout but can't remember...

At one time there was a thread about which rooms at Pop were Tubs and which where showers only. Could someone help me find the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter