Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I have a question about transportation from Pop. And I have already looked on the Disney website and I have tried searching the boards, but it's tough to get exactly the answer you need.

So we have a Tusker House breakfast at 8:05am on Wednesday November 16th. I am wondering the best way to get there in time. The most info I can find on the busses is that they start running about 45 minutes prior to PARK opening. Park opening that day is 9am i believe so busses wouldn't start until 8:15 using that logic, right? I would prefer to use the busses if they were running by say 7:15-7:30. But if not should we try to get Minnie Vans? I only say Minnie Vans and not regular Ubers/Lyfts because there are 7 of us; 5 adults, 1 two year old and 1 nine month old.

Any help/advice/suggestions are welcome.

No they run much earlier as early entry is at 8:30. They probably start running between 7-7:30 or so. You should just go early to the bus and have no issue. One time we weee on the first Pop bus for AK and we were the very first people to the AK gates - Pop was ahead of all the busses. It was amazing!

I have a question about transportation from Pop. And I have already looked on the Disney website and I have tried searching the boards, but it's tough to get exactly the answer you need.

So we have a Tusker House breakfast at 8:05am on Wednesday November 16th. I am wondering the best way to get there in time. The most info I can find on the busses is that they start running about 45 minutes prior to PARK opening. Park opening that day is 9am i believe so busses wouldn't start until 8:15 using that logic, right? I would prefer to use the busses if they were running by say 7:15-7:30. But if not should we try to get Minnie Vans? I only say Minnie Vans and not regular Ubers/Lyfts because there are 7 of us; 5 adults, 1 two year old and 1 nine month old.

Any help/advice/suggestions are welcome.
As shared above, early entry will begin at 8:30. It is possible to take a bus but it's recommended you be at the Pop bus stop as close to 7:00 as possible in order to be towards the front of the line for AK. Being on the first bus or 2 should get you to AK in time for your ADR.

No they run much earlier as early entry is at 8:30. They probably start running between 7-7:30 or so. You should just go early to the bus and have no issue. One time we weee on the first Pop bus for AK and we were the very first people to the AK gates - Pop was ahead of all the busses. It was amazing!

Thank you so much for this info! It is so confusing the way Disney has it on their website.

As shared above, early entry will begin at 8:30. It is possible to take a bus but it's recommended you be at the Pop bus stop as close to 7:00 as possible in order to be towards the front of the line for AK. Being on the first bus or 2 should get you to AK in time for your ADR.

Thank you as well! I definitely plan to have everyone up and at em as early as possible and at the stop by 7am. I am trying to figure all of this out NOW so I can give everyone a tentative plan/expectation. I haven't been to DW since 2017 so I know a lot has changed, but they all haven't been since either 2001 or early 2010's. And I am the Disney obsessed one and the planner for the trip so I am trying to make it as easy on everyone else as possible.

Thank you so much for this info! It is so confusing the way Disney has it on their website.

Thank you as well! I definitely plan to have everyone up and at em as early as possible and at the stop by 7am. I am trying to figure all of this out NOW so I can give everyone a tentative plan/expectation. I haven't been to DW since 2017 so I know a lot has changed, but they all haven't been since either 2001 or early 2010's. And I am the Disney obsessed one and the planner for the trip so I am trying to make it as easy on everyone else as possible.
Nobody really understands why Disney continues to "advertise" the 45 minutes before park open when it is actually much earlier than that.

It is very incorrect and misleading to new Guests.

Disney also advertises that buses run for one hour after Park close when in practice they run until the last Guest has left the Park.

anyone have any success with lost and found? We checked out a week ago Wednesday and realized my daughter left her Crocs in the room. I filled out the required form the following day and all I got was a response one day later that they haven't found anything, which is surprising because a decent pair of Crocs that were obviously loved (had all the charms etc) would be dumb to toss in the trash.

@Moneypenny they do sell half gallons of milk there. I'm not sure about the rest.
My daughter left her pin lanyard at Hollywood Studios in the little theater next to the Frozen Sing Along. We filled out an online ticket and received a call the next day. We had to go to Disney Springs to pick it up but it was there and not a pin missing. I thought for sure we would never see it again (it was full of pins... who knows how much $$)!!

Has anyone ever worked from the Pop? Is the Wifi solid?
I know its not ideal but I'm going to have to at least one day. We didn't want to spend a ton on a room if we would otherwise be at the parks.

Disney also advertises that buses run for one hour after Park close when in practice they run until the last Guest has left the Park.
This part is probably to get people to leave the park in a timely fashion.

Has anyone ever worked from the Pop? Is the Wifi solid?
I know its not ideal but I'm going to have to at least one day. We didn't want to spend a ton on a room if we would otherwise be at the parks.
Pop is not ideal for wifi connection. My daughter had problems working from the room (70s location) but was able to go to the quick service location on the days she needed to do online classes.

Last edited:
Pop is not idea for wifi connection. My daughter had problems working from the room (70s location) but was able to go to the quick service location on the days she needed to do online classes.
I've had issues in one of the 70s buildings, too. We actually had to turn off wifi when we got to our room because the signal was so weak you couldn't do anything.

anyone have any success with lost and found?
We had GREAT success with lost and found. This was 10 years ago, but DD, 4 at the time, left her beloved Mickey in our teacup. It was our last ride on our last day, and didn't realize he was missing until we got to BIL's house in Tampa. Called Lost & Found and gave a description. Now, you're thinking, how can you give a description that makes it different than all the other Mickeys? Well, DD had, our 1st day, eaten one of those 6" diameter lollipops from the Main Street Confectionary. Of course Mickey got covered in blue raspberry lollipop because DD never let him go the entire trip. We tried to get the lollipop pieces off of him, but one decent sized piece remained on his left cheek. I was able to send the cast member a picture from that day that clearly showed the lollipop on his cheek. We got a call 2 weeks later that they had found him and were mailing him back to us. pixiedust:

Mousekeeping?

I read through the FAQ posts at the beginning of the thread, and post #3, which talks about Mousekeeping coming only every other day, hasn't been updated since January.

Has anyone been recently? I would like to know if they have returned to offering Mousekeeping on daily basis. I love returning to a clean room after a long park day. (and I LOVE making Mousekeeping envelopes!!!)

Mousekeeping?

I read through the FAQ posts at the beginning of the thread, and post #3, which talks about Mousekeeping coming only every other day, hasn't been updated since January.

Has anyone been recently? I would like to know if they have returned to offering Mousekeeping on daily basis. I love returning to a clean room after a long park day. (and I LOVE making Mousekeeping envelopes!!!)
No, it’s as in the posts on page 1. ‘Mousekeeping’ comes every-other day but only to remove garbage and towels and replace towels and coffee supplies. Beds are not made during entire stay. Many are hoping this service will return but it has not at any Disney resort. Staffing shortage/challenges are said to be the reason but we don’t know for sure.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

We had GREAT success with lost and found. This was 10 years ago, but DD, 4 at the time, left her beloved Mickey in our teacup. It was our last ride on our last day, and didn't realize he was missing until we got to BIL's house in Tampa. Called Lost & Found and gave a description. Now, you're thinking, how can you give a description that makes it different than all the other Mickeys? Well, DD had, our 1st day, eaten one of those 6" diameter lollipops from the Main Street Confectionary. Of course Mickey got covered in blue raspberry lollipop because DD never let him go the entire trip. We tried to get the lollipop pieces off of him, but one decent sized piece remained on his left cheek. I was able to send the cast member a picture from that day that clearly showed the lollipop on his cheek. We got a call 2 weeks later that they had found him and were mailing him back to us. pixiedust:
On the other side of the same coin, my oldest left his Mickey hat on Smuggler's Run. We went back to get it, and it was just gone. After going back every couple of hours, the CM handed my son a piece of paper with Pinocchio on it, god for one hat in any gift shop. The may have never been found, but Disney made good on it.

No, it’s as in the posts on page 1. ‘Mousekeeping’ comes every-other day but only to remove garbage and towels and replace towels and coffee supplies. Beds are not made during entire stay. Many are hoping this service will return but it has not at any Disney resort. Staffing shortage/challenges are said to be the reason but we don’t know for sure.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/housekeeping-service/
And I truly don’t get this.

I just took a four-day work trip, followed by a five-day business trip, followed closely by a ten-day business trip, staying in six different hotels in a combination of rural and major high-density urban areas.

In every single case my rooms were thoroughly (and well) serviced every day, including beds being made.

Why can’t Disney do this? (My suspicion is there is a bean counter at work.)

And I truly don’t get this.

I just took a four-day work trip, followed by a five-day business trip, followed closely by a ten-day business trip, staying in six different hotels in a combination of rural and major high-density urban areas.

In every single case my rooms were thoroughly (and well) serviced every day, including beds being made.

Why can’t Disney do this? (My suspicion is there is a bean counter at work.)

It's not just Disney. You were very lucky with your hotel experience. We stayed at several different hotels this summer and none of them offered daily housekeeping. They all had signs in the lobby and the rooms indicating that they were not currently offering daily housekeeping. Most of the time it didn't affect us as we were only there a night or two. I think it was the Marriot that indicated they were doing cleanings every other day. The Hilton indicated that if you wanted housekeeping services you could schedule that with the front desk. (They tried to pass this off as a "benefit" for guests...saying, "For your comfort, we want your stay to be as undisturbed as possible, so we will only provide housekeeping upon your request." But then they disturbed us with a security check in the morning. :rolleyes2) When we were in the lobby we heard a woman trying to request housekeeping for the next day and they told her they were already completely booked for housekeeping the following day but could put her on the schedule for the day after that. They did offer to send fresh towels, linens, and coffee supplies to her room which she grudgingly agreed to.

Yep, I stay at a well respected Good Neighbor hotel at Disneyland and it's not serviced unless requested. I'm perfectly fine with that.

I've been slowly making my way through all the posts and there was one thing I did want to double check.

Did I read correctly that AoA always has buses available for epcot and HS? Not just during skyliner down time? Thanks

I've been slowly making my way through all the posts and there was one thing I did want to double check.

Did I read correctly that AoA always has buses available for epcot and HS? Not just during skyliner down time? Thanks

That was not the case when we stayed at AoA in June. Every day that we used the buses (for MK, AK, & DS) there were people standing in line at the DHS and/or EP bus stops and a CM or bus driver would tell the people that those buses only run when the Skyliner is down. One of the guests said that there always used to be limited bus transportation to those parks from AoA even when Skyliner was operating. The CM said that service was discontinued several months earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter