Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Love that Guest Service!

They do try their best!
Yes, I agree. I was kind and asked if there was an option to move as we’re here 10 nights so the extra steps add up. One trip we were on 4th floor, far end of bldg 7 and it greatly affected our trip as once in the room we never left again. We sometimes like to leave our mug in the room then go back out for refills but not that trip.
I'd be unhappy with 80s. I generally ask for 70s. because I do enjoy the lake view.

This room is a lake view too and I like that just like you do. Not sure how much we’ll see as a lot of the foliage around the rooms has filled in but it will be the proximity to Skyliner and buses that is beneficial. It’s amazing how we feel every single step at the end of the day. 😉

Still need to measure door and frame for someone plus check the Pop store for old MB2.

Are there any other requests I’ve not written down?

Oh the mug feels. I get a mug, but sometimes I look at it and go, I do not want to walk to get you filled. It is so far sometimes especially when you are tired, hot and only use the stairs.

One year we were in building #2 -- about as far away from the food court as you could get. And it rained for hours on end every day of our 7-day stay. We still went to the parks every day, but after walking around in the rain for hours all day, the last thing we felt like doing was walking all the way back to the room to get the mugs and then making that round-trip to the food court and back. So I started putting our mugs in a locker by the main pool every morning as we left for the parks. I don't remember how much it cost -- I think it was $1....maybe less -- and there were always plenty of empty lockers because no one was swimming in the rain. When we'd get back in the afternoon or evening, I'd go retrieve the mugs from the locker and we'd all fill up before walking back to the room. We also ended up eating dinner right when we got back from the parks on a few days so it was really nice to have the mugs close by.

My room requests and plan was a failure. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Requested only 60’s and 70’s when I called in a few weeks ago. Submitted a TP Room Request for a room in building 5, 60’s section.

Our room is/was in the 80’s, building 9, which isn’t our preferred area. Went to desk but Pop was 100% full last night (they were turning away guests trying to book) so we stayed in our room last night but they’re moving us today. Not sure where. Requested 60’s. Will update once I find out.

We’ll leave our luggage under the windows and they’ll move us. Fridge items can be left in fridge and they’ll move those too.

Sorry, FB group has incorrect info. This is the only ice cream currently available at Pop. Confirmed by a CM at the ice cream counter.

View attachment 787430
Thanks for the ice dream info! I may have to get one of these sundaes on my pool day.

If you have the time and it isn’t too much trouble, could you take a picture of the dinner meals that are available? They aren’t listed in the app.

Have a great trip!

Just got back Sunday from a stay at POP. We had 2 rooms booked and requested adjoining or near each other and 70s. When we arrived (early around 9:30am) we got a text that one room was ready and in the 90s. Then it changed to 70s and back to 90s over the next 10 minutes. So we went to the desk to see what was going on. They were able to get us 2 rooms on the same hallway in the 70s. Building 6, 4th floor. So quiet!
No other issues. Cast members were great.
Transportation was good. Did not have to wait long for a bus at any point except coming back from Disney Springs.
Skyliner was super efficient and so easy with a wheelchair. 5 of the 6 of us loved the Skyliner. Sadly, DH was scared on it and says he won’t stay at a Skyliner resort again. We all said he could stay home, lol. Seriously though, that was our 4th stay at POP and it’s a great resort for the price.

Just left the MK and cannot say enough about how efficient the buses are at park close!!

The first great surprise is that they have moved the Pop bus stop to a great, much closer location! It’s now stop 26 which is the first stop when you enter the second last row of stops.

There are a lot of people to move at park close but they did a great job!! 2 buses would line up and fill up and leave as soon as they were full and 2 more would be waiting and pull in. Based on times on pics it took 30 mins from arriving to driving away and in that amount of time we were the 10th bus to fill and pull away!

Last edited:
Just left the MK and cannot sat enough about how efficient the buses are at park close!!

The first great surprise is that they have moved the Pop bus stop to a great, much closer location! It’s now stop 26 which is the first stop when you enter the second last row of stops.

There are a lot of people to move at park close but they did a great job!! 2 buses would line up and fill up and leave as soon as they were full and 2 more would be waiting and pull in. Based on times on pics it took 30 mins from arriving to driving away and in that amount of time we were the 10th bus to fill and pull away!
Oh, I hope the bus stop remains that close!

Update: Very happy to have been moved to 60’s! 😃
That's great that they moved your luggage and refrigerated items for you! Is that standard procedure or were they just being extra nice? I put in a request for building 3 / lake-facing, as I have for the past 6 trips. I'd be so bummed to get put in the 80s or 90s sections.

Just left the MK and cannot say enough about how efficient the buses are at park close!!

Whoa, that's amazing. I'm so used to the Pop bus stop being the furthest walk, I believe in every park.

That's great that they moved your luggage and refrigerated items for you! Is that standard procedure or were they just being extra nice? I put in a request for building 3 / lake-facing, as I have for the past 6 trips. I'd be so bummed to get put in the 80s or 90s sections.
It seemed to be standard practice and it was great! Arrived in the new room to have everything waiting for us!

We received a message on our room phone to call a specific extension by 10AM to confirm our room change request or else they would assume we no longer wished to move. I called and they could see I had requested 60’s if available. She also confirmed number of pieces of luggage and asked if there were any items in the fridge.

We received an email around 1PM advising our room was ready.

Excellent customer service and the new room is great!! We have one minor thing for them to look at today but that’s all. For some reason the light inside the fridge won’t go out. I fiddled with the door a lot but it’s on permanently. We put a suitcase in front of it and that worked fine but am going to ask them to look as even with the suitcase it made the room pretty bright as the fridge has a glass door. We’re just using it for juice but for others it might be a concern if it’s a seal problem and possibly not keeping things as cold. Temp is set at 41° which is what we keep our fridge at home. Guessing a minor adjustment will fix it.

Thankful for Pop’s excellent customer service!!

Thanks for the updates @scrappinginontario!

For my November trip, I've got a room request already filled in on TP and emailed my DUT agent with the same info.

60's section, bldg 4, standard room, "view" of lake, ground floor. I use an ECV at Disney and don't want to deal with elevators if I can help it (especially with the latest COVID variant).

I'm hoping that they don't get many requests for a ground floor. LOL

It's been that close for over a year, at least. The first time we saw it had moved, we were shocked and excited.

Yes, I was thinking that's where it was located when we were there in June 2022. We were staying at AoA that trip, but I remember walking to the bus stops at MK one afternoon and noticing the Pop bus stop was "right there" (while AoA was still down at the far end) and there was an actual charter bus sitting there waiting for people so we hopped right on and just walked back to AoA (which we like to do at least once a trip anyway).

We are excited to return to POP for a vacation in December 2023! Our last day, we plan to go to AK (arriving as early as possible for EE at 7:30). I am seeing the luggage storage hours beginning at 7:00 but have read that you can ask a front desk CM for assistance if you need help earlier. Has anyone ever done this and received help prior to 7:00 with luggage storage? Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter