Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

What time should we be at the bus stop if we want to be at Animal Kingdom about 8:20 am? We are going to book the Wild Africa Trek for 8:45.

Can anyone tell me if they still give the small bottles of H2O body lotion?

Probably not any more, as following the room refurbishments the other H20 products (Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash) are now in wall-mounted dispensers in the bathroom. Not 100% sure whether they may still be giving out small lotion bottles, but I don't think so, I think it's just bar soap.

What time should we be at the bus stop if we want to be at Animal Kingdom about 8:20 am? We are going to book the Wild Africa Trek for 8:45.

I would suggest being at the bus stop no later than 7:30 should be sufficient for an 8:45 booking time.

This resort seems massive! Is it as big as Saratoga Springs?

Port Orleans French Quarter is a very small compact resort, one of the smallest on Disney property in fact. About a quarter of the overall size of Saratoga Springs, and no room is more than about five minutes' walk from the main building.

Andre

Last edited:

Can anyone tell me if they still give the small bottles of H2O body lotion?

Last week they still had the small bottles of lotion beside the little boxes of soap in the bathroom. They gave me two new bottles during my stay along with new boxes of soap. The only mounted items were shampoo, conditioner and body wash.

Yes, they are. It's $10 per night less the first night. So for 7 nights it would be $60 and comes in the form of an e-gift card.
Im interested in this. If we opt out do they still bring towels, soap, trash bags and coffee pods? What do you mean by e-gift card? Is that in the email and needs to be printed out?

Im interested in this. If we opt out do they still bring towels, soap, trash bags and coffee pods? What do you mean by e-gift card? Is that in the email and needs to be printed out?
They will bring more, you just call housekeeping and ask, it will not be automatic.

An e-gift card is emailed and then can be scanned when using on your phone. No need to print anything.

Just booked our first POFQ stay for Spring Break 2019. Huge thanks to Andre for running the Port Orleans website with all the refurb info. I had no idea that POR mansions may be in refurb mode at that time which made the choice to try out FQ an easy one. I can’t wait to see the new FQ rooms for myself :)

When I did my on-line check-in, there was no drop down box to put in a room location request. When we stayed at POP Century there were 2 drop down boxes and you could put in your building preferences. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not an option with PORFQ?

When I did my on-line check-in, there was no drop down box to put in a room location request. When we stayed at POP Century there were 2 drop down boxes and you could put in your building preferences. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not an option with PORFQ?

You're not doing anything wrong. The room request section of Online Check In has been pretty useless for a couple years now. It's best to call the Main Reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

You're not doing anything wrong. The room request section of Online Check In has been pretty useless for a couple years now. It's best to call the Main Reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.
Ok, thanks. I have already called and put in my requests.

Kinda weird that you can at least choose something with POP Century - not saying you will get it, but at least it is in the drop down box.

Ok, thanks. I have already called and put in my requests.

Kinda weird that you can at least choose something with POP Century - not saying you will get it, but at least it is in the drop down box.

You may be choose something for now. There's reports of guests being able to make selections one day, then their selections are gone the next with no option to select again. That function has been wonky for at 2 years now. It's not resort specific.

Do they enforce the height limit at the kids splash pad? We stayed at CBR and they measure you. But when we stay at the Poly they let big kids on the splash pad. My son is 52 inches (he's 7) he's well past the 48 inches but at the Poly he can play in there. Just wondering!

Do they enforce the height limit at the kids splash pad? We stayed at CBR and they measure you. But when we stay at the Poly they let big kids on the splash pad. My son is 52 inches (he's 7) he's well past the 48 inches but at the Poly he can play in there. Just wondering!

It all depends on the life guards working. I've seen them measure one day then not the next at multiple resorts, POFQ included.

Last summer my oldest who was just over 48'' was allowed in the morning but in the afternoon she was told she couldn't use the slide in that area but could play with her sister elsewhere. Only the slide was a problem for the lifeguard on duty at the moment.

They will bring more, you just call housekeeping and ask, it will not be automatic.

An e-gift card is emailed and then can be scanned when using on your phone. No need to print anything.
Thank you. About how long does it take them to bring what we need?

Last week they still had the small bottles of lotion beside the little boxes of soap in the bathroom. They gave me two new bottles during my stay along with new boxes of soap. The only mounted items were shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
Is there a picture of the shampoo, body wash and conditioner dispenser? How big are they?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter