Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I believe the Minnie Vans are available at all resorts now. They are supposed to be able to drop you off up by HDDR. Uber cannot. You would have to use the internal bus system.

If we are at MK we will take the boat over to WL and an internal bus but if we are at POFQ we will definitely use the Minnie Van instead of Uber.

why not take the boat right to FW?

I'm not really that knowledgeable on transportation to WL or FW. I didn't even know that was an option from MK. If we're at the MK we will take the boat over to FW then. lol If we do a midday break at the pool at POFQ then we will do the Minnie Van.

I'm not really that knowledgeable on transportation to WL or FW. I didn't even know that was an option from MK. If we're at the MK we will take the boat over to FW then. lol If we do a midday break at the pool at POFQ then we will do the Minnie Van.

There is a boat direct from MK to FW. And from the boat dock it is a short walk to HDDR.

Does anyone know if the tv's in the refurbished rooms are the big ones like at Coronado and Pop? They looked smaller, but I couldn't tell from the pics I have seen?
Also, if I book a pool view room for July, do you think that would guarantee a new room? I know the construction is running behind...thanks!

Are Minnie vans available from POFQ? I’m thinking of taking one to HDDR. Does it drop us off right at the building for our dinner? Does Uber do the same??
We were staying at POFQ last week. We used a Minnie Van to go from Epcot to HDDR. Be sure you have the Lyft app on your phone. Some people are reporting having a code pop up in My Disney Experience so that they are able to activate Minnie Van service for their resort. You will use the Lyft app to book a Minnie Van. I didn't have the code pop up in my app. You can stop by bell services at POFQ and they can text you the code to enable Minnie Vans if needed. The Minnie Van will drop you off beside Pioneer Hall. This is such a better option than taking a taxi or Uber and then needing to take the internal bus from the Outpost Depot at Fort Wilderness. (We once took a taxi and nearly missed our HDDR because of having to ride the internal bus forever to get to Pioneer Hall, no kidding.)

If you do not take the Minnie Van, take a bus to MK then take the boat from MK to Fort Wilderness.

We love HDDR! I hope you have a great vacation!

We were staying at POFQ last week. We used a Minnie Van to go from Epcot to HDDR. Be sure you have the Lyft app on your phone. Some people are reporting having a code pop up in My Disney Experience so that they are able to activate Minnie Van service for their resort. You will use the Lyft app to book a Minnie Van. I didn't have the code pop up in my app. You can stop by bell services at POFQ and they can text you the code to enable Minnie Vans if needed. The Minnie Van will drop you off beside Pioneer Hall. This is such a better option than taking a taxi or Uber and then needing to take the internal bus from the Outpost Depot at Fort Wilderness. (We once took a taxi and nearly missed our HDDR because of having to ride the internal bus forever to get to Pioneer Hall, no kidding.)

If you do not take the Minnie Van, take a bus to MK then take the boat from MK to Fort Wilderness.

We love HDDR! I hope you have a great vacation!

Thank you so much for the info!!

Here now at lovely French Quarter. Checked in late Thursday and received a 3rd floor room in building 7 just as requested. Room is clean and am glad I get a chance to stay in an “old style” room before they all get refurbished, as I prefer this decor to the new.
After checking in wE walked to POR to hit the carving station at Riverside Mill (yum!) and to see Bob and he was great as always! Great way to kick off our holiday! Bus transportation yesterday to MK and back was good.
Am a little disappointed in the Easter activities this year as it doesn’t appear any characters will be at either resort. Last year we got to meet Mickey and Minnie at French Quarter which was different.
Any way I am happy to be here!!

Attachments

• 1E76BCC4-3CE6-4969-888B-F44166B0600D.jpeg
    1E76BCC4-3CE6-4969-888B-F44166B0600D.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 46
Here now at lovely French Quarter. Checked in late Thursday and received a 3rd floor room in building 7 just as requested. Room is clean and am glad I get a chance to stay in an “old style” room before they all get refurbished, as I prefer this decor to the new.
After checking in wE walked to POR to hit the carving station at Riverside Mill (yum!) and to see Bob and he was great as always! Great way to kick off our holiday! Bus transportation yesterday to MK and back was good.
Am a little disappointed in the Easter activities this year as it doesn’t appear any characters will be at either resort. Last year we got to meet Mickey and Minnie at French Quarter which was different.

Sounds like a great start. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

It looks like they are doing character meet and greets at the Garden Party.

We just booked our stay for October 25-28! Our first on-site stay was at French Quarter. I don't love the look of the new rooms, but I'm sure we will still have a nice stay. When I heard renovated rooms I got excited. I was hoping for nice walk in showers like at Pop.

You are right, I totally overlooked that! Thanks for pointing it out!
33C158FE-97F4-4D53-A8BF-D0F65F3AE62C.jpeg 4BB2719E-28D0-44F9-BB41-3240D619EB15.jpeg 99AB2C1D-0501-4A6B-AE74-B37D673DA934.jpeg We had a lovely Easter day. We started off at MK to meet Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny, had breakfast at Crystal Palace and watched the Easter parade. A couple additional highlights were getting to meet White Rabbit and Minnie at FQ. The meets were on the lawn next to Bldg 5, but due to lightning in the area had to move to them to the lobby.

Latest POFQ room refurb update: Here are the current projected completion dates for the remaining five buildings:

Building 1 – April 17
Building 5 – May 9
Building 4 – May 30
Building 6 – June 23
Building 7 – July 15

Andre

Thanks for the update!

Latest POFQ room refurb update: Here are the current projected completion dates for the remaining five buildings:

Building 1 – April 17
Building 5 – May 9
Building 4 – May 30
Building 6 – June 23
Building 7 – July 15

Andre
Thank you!!

do you know if the new rooms have Keurigs of are getting them? It didn't look like it in the pics, but was this question on DisneyMom's https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/kind-coffee-pots-refurbished-rooms-pofq-361574/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter