Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Is it hard to find a lounger at the pool during the summer? From the photos I've seen it doesn't look like there are a lot of chairs.

Do we have pictures of the refurbed rooms in this thread? Thinking of changing from Pop to POFQ for November trip. TIA

We are here now. It has been interesting, we got here at 11 AM yesterday, and were told our room was not ready ( which we expected), but that we would be getting a refurbished room as requested. We were up since 2AM and working on 2hous sleep so around 5PM we decided to head back to the POFQ and see why we never received a room. Of course 2 buses were there dropping guests off, so our line was pretty long. In the system we had been assigned a room but it still wasn’t ready yet, a long call to the back office and we had a room in building 4. So not the refurbished room we were going to get, but a nice clean room with a garden view. I did have to make another trip to the desk and make sure we would not have to switch rooms as we have back to back reservations. Good thing I checked as we would have needed to, but another call to the back office and about 20 minutes later and that was corrected. (I hope)

Is there a lot of traffic with the hot tub?
From my experience, depends on the time of day! Evening tends to be the busiest time, you may end up waiting in a "sort-of" queue... but you can walk by the area and see how full it is quite easily, so it's just a small detour to the bar to wait... LOL

From my experience, depends on the time of day! Evening tends to be the busiest time, you may end up waiting in a "sort-of" queue... but you can walk by the area and see how full it is quite easily, so it's just a small detour to the bar to wait... LOL

I heard that the hot tub isn't monitored for open/close hours like the pool is. Can you use the hot tub after 10?

I heard that the hot tub isn't monitored for open/close hours like the pool is. Can you use the hot tub after 10?

I have had no problems being in there after 10:00. Sometimes a CM comes over and reminds us that lifeguards are leaving but they've told me they don't have a problem with us being there as long as we don't cause a ruckus. It could also be whichever CM are on that night.

I was looking at the pictures of the refurbished rooms on portorleans.org and I can't tell if there is enough space for a twin size blow up mattress. Has anyone done this? I was thinking it may fit by the door but I can't really tell. We are a family of 4 but my kids are getting to that age where they will not be comfortable sharing a bed so I was thinking of bringing a twin mattress for one of them to use at night and we can deflate it during the day or just shove it under one of the beds when not in use. Is this a bad idea? We are driving so I really am not worried about the extra luggage. Thanks!

I was looking at the pictures of the refurbished rooms on portorleans.org and I can't tell if there is enough space for a twin size blow up mattress. Has anyone done this? I was thinking it may fit by the door but I can't really tell. We are a family of 4 but my kids are getting to that age where they will not be comfortable sharing a bed so I was thinking of bringing a twin mattress for one of them to use at night and we can deflate it during the day or just shove it under one of the beds when not in use. Is this a bad idea? We are driving so I really am not worried about the extra luggage. Thanks!
During our visit in early March we moved the table and chairs to the space between the door and bed so we could park the scooter by the dresser where the outlets were for overnight charging. So yes, even though it was an non-refurbished room, I believe a twin air mattress would fit there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter