Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if the fridges are the newer narrow ones or the older ones that can accommodate a take away container?

The fridges are fairly new, but as far as I recall are around the same width as they always were. It would depend on how large your take-away container was I guess. :)

Andre

The fridges are fairly new, but as far as I recall are around the same width as they always were. It would depend on how large your take-away container was I guess. :)

Andre

That was our feeling as well - they appear to be the same size as they always were. At first, I was kind of disappointed that they weren't the fancy glass door/lighted interior, but I would rather have a larger fridge than a fancy fridge! LOL

Has anyone ever called the room allocation team rather than faxing? I have always sent faxes, but we are arriving in under 2 weeks, and I have a a very specific situation that I would maybe like one of the room allocators suggestion on. i tried to call the main number this morning and asked to be connected to the "room allocation team at POFQ". The woman that answered asked if I was checking in today and I said no. She absolutely insisted there is no reason I need to talk to them, as they don't assign rooms until day of check in anyway. I told her I had a very specific situation I wanted their input on, and thought it would be easier to talk to them a little ahead of time. She insisted there is no reason for me to talk to them, and refused to put me through. I finally just said I guess I will need to find another way to get in contact with them.

I realize Disney would prefer not to have anyone talk to the resort directly.... but did I just get a particularly crabby operator? Should I just keep calling until someone puts me through?

I realize Disney would prefer not to have anyone talk to the resort directly....

That is why we suggest faxing. The resort can block allocate rooms in advance if necessary (for example on medical grounds, or for group bookings) but otherwise the call center is right in that they usually assign most rooms on the day of arrival. If you fax a few days beforehand though, the fax does go directly to the resort back office so you bypass the central call center.

Andre

My sister arrives on Saturday. I suggested building 4 as she’s elderly but still mobile. Her TA said she couldn’t get her in building 4 as it’s all preferred and she’s assigned to building one second floor & that’s the best they can do. She’s 68 just coming off knee surgery. Any truth to building 4 being preferred? I didn’t even see that as an option when I booked a month ago.

My sister arrives on Saturday. I suggested building 4 as she’s elderly but still mobile. Her TA said she couldn’t get her in building 4 as it’s all preferred and she’s assigned to building one second floor & that’s the best they can do. She’s 68 just coming off knee surgery. Any truth to building 4 being preferred? I didn’t even see that as an option when I booked a month ago.
I could be wrong but I didn't think FQ had preferred buildings because it's so small.

Your sister got some incorrect information. There are no Preferred Rooms at POFQ and there's no way her TA would know which building she was assigned. Especially this far out.

I could be wrong but I didn't think FQ had preferred buildings because it's so small.

You are definitely not wrong.

They’ve never had preferred before but TA insist they do now. It’s not an option on the website.
Your sister got some incorrect information. There are no Preferred Rooms at POFQ and there's no way her TA would know which building she was assigned. Especially this far out.

You are definitely not wrong.
Thanks All! I’m truly puzzled why her TA would say this. I gave my sister the fax number here. She’s going to fax her request in herself. Fingers crossed!

I suspect your sister's TA isn't familiar with WDW and perhaps isn't even an "Authorized Disney Vacation Planner." There is nothing wrong with switching TAs and I think she should consider doing that.

ITA, I would hate to think this TA may be even misleading her due to her age, health issues, or taking advantage of her lack of knowledge on WDW.

That is why we suggest faxing. The resort can block allocate rooms in advance if necessary (for example on medical grounds, or for group bookings) but otherwise the call center is right in that they usually assign most rooms on the day of arrival. If you fax a few days beforehand though, the fax does go directly to the resort back office so you bypass the central call center.

Andre
Thanks. I did call back later in the day and was put right through. We have been faxing room requests for years with mixed results, but it's never been that big of a deal. This year, it is a medical situation that I really wanted advice from someone actually at the resort that would understand what options might be available. I thought this would be much easier in a conversation. The lady at POFQ was extremely helpful, I think we are taken care of! Thank you.

Exactly. TA is lying or extremely confused/misinformed.
She’s actually with the “agency exclusive” agency that is widely known here. She definitely should know better. I’ve booked with her numerous times and recommended her. Never again. It breaks my heart that a TA wouldn’t try to help someone with issues wanting to take a last trip with their family.

She’s actually with the “agency exclusive” agency that is widely known here. She definitely should know better. I’ve booked with her numerous times and recommended her. Never again. It breaks my heart that a TA wouldn’t try to help someone with issues wanting to take a last trip with their family.
Maybe you should chat with her yourself. Perhaps there has been some misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Thanks. I did call back later in the day and was put right through. We have been faxing room requests for years with mixed results, but it's never been that big of a deal. This year, it is a medical situation that I really wanted advice from someone actually at the resort that would understand what options might be available. I thought this would be much easier in a conversation. The lady at POFQ was extremely helpful, I think we are taken care of! Thank you.

Remember that when you *think* you are calling the front desk of the Resort... you are actually reaching a call center. This is true even when you are at the Resort, calling from your room. To insure that you get the room your party needs, you should book that specific room type (for example, a roll-in shower room, or a Florida-accessible room) and then request the building that you prefer (remembering that there are, for example, no roll-in shower rooms in buildings 6 & 7).

Maybe you should chat with her yourself. Perhaps there has been some misunderstanding or miscommunication.

NOT defending this TA - but I wonder if the TA is lumping all of the non-standard view rooms (River View, Pool View & Garden View) into a "preferred" category, which (while technically incorrect) might explain why the OP has wound up in what I presume is a 2nd floor "Standard View" room in Building 1... in other words, to this TA, anything that is NOT Standard View is "preferred".

in other words, to this TA, anything that is NOT Standard View is "preferred".

This TA appears to have told the guest (as far as we know) that all of building four was "preferred", which even under that logic makes no sense as building 4 contains lots of Standard rooms, plus Garden and King Bed. No Pool or River views though.

Remember that when you *think* you are calling the front desk of the Resort... you are actually reaching a call center.

I think the OP knows this, as they said they initially asked to be transferred to someone on-site and were refused. However on the second call they managed to get the CM to do what they wanted. It is well within the discretion of the call-center staff to transfer a call if they feel it is necessary, but of course you are right that their main goal is to deal with as much as possible centrally without having to bother the busy resort staff.

Andre

Hello everyone! I’m taking my first solo trip in August and was originally looking at Pop with free dining through Chase but decided to switch to POFQ without it. This will be my first time at POFQ and I can’t wait!

My one concern is it looks like I’ll be flying in pretty late since I’m leaving after work (arriving to MCO at 9:50p). How late does the food court stay open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter