Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Maybe you should chat with her yourself. Perhaps there has been some misunderstanding or miscommunication.
I don’t think there was any misunderstanding or miscommunication because everything is in writing. She specifically wrote “all of building 4 is preferred and the only buildings available were one or seven”. She went on to say they assigned her to building one, second floor and she hopes that works for her. Edited to add the agency exclusive is only for standard view rooms. So when she said “all” we understood that to mean all of their standard view in building 4 were preferred.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I’m taking my first solo trip in August and was originally looking at Pop with free dining through Chase but decided to switch to POFQ without it. This will be my first time at POFQ and I can’t wait!

My one concern is it looks like I’ll be flying in pretty late since I’m leaving after work (arriving to MCO at 9:50p). How late does the food court stay open?

We just stayed at POFQ and I hope you love it as much as we did (going back next month!!!). If I recall correctly the food court was open until midnight, but I am not sure if all food selections were available. Just like in the morning, while the food court opened at 6 am, only the beignets and danishes were available. The hot dishes were available at 7 am so I think the same thing might be true of evenings. We will be at the POFQ starting June 13 and I can post back then with the hours and food choices, if someone doesn't post before.

We just stayed at POFQ and I hope you love it as much as we did (going back next month!!!). If I recall correctly the food court was open until midnight, but I am not sure if all food selections were available. Just like in the morning, while the food court opened at 6 am, only the beignets and danishes were available. The hot dishes were available at 7 am so I think the same thing might be true of evenings. We will be at the POFQ starting June 13 and I can post back then with the hours and food choices, if someone doesn't post before.

Even if it’s limited, as long as something is available that’s fine by me! Thanks so much for the response. How did you find the bus service to the parks, in terms of commute times?

Even if it’s limited, as long as something is available that’s fine by me! Thanks so much for the response. How did you find the bus service to the parks, in terms of commute times?

We didn't use the buses except to go to the Magic Kingdom because my Mom is mobility impaired so we normally rent a van and drive to the parks. I will say that of the 2 times we used the bus to the MK, once was great...the other we waited almost an hour for a bus...not fun when you planned to meet friends. When we go in June, it is just a quick trip (4 days, 3 nights) so not renting a vehicle...I can report back on how the buses were as well when we get back. The one thing I will say about the bus stop at POFQ is that it is close to the front entrance/lobby which we liked.

How did you find the bus service to the parks, in terms of commute times?

we will be staying at POFQ for the 3rd time out of the 5 trips we have planned since 2014. The longest bus ride is to MK and that is still under 20 minutes. I love the POFQ buses don't go to POR except for maybe middle of the afternoon when it's not busy....I hope you love POFQ as much as we do. it's small, quiet and we would never hesitate to stay here. it's our favorite

we will be staying at POFQ for the 3rd time out of the 5 trips we have planned since 2014. The longest bus ride is to MK and that is still under 20 minutes. I love the POFQ buses don't go to POR except for maybe middle of the afternoon when it's not busy....I hope you love POFQ as much as we do. it's small, quiet and we would never hesitate to stay here. it's our favorite
In April we never shared going TO the parks, but almost every night we shared with POR coming back. The good part was that FQ was always the first of the 2 stops!

Just Came Back from POFQ absolutely loved it. I loved how small it is so easy to get to everything. So I had mentioned here that I would be faxing in my requests for a room. Well I'm here to tell you I did initially get what I requested Building 5. When we arrived at 11 am and checked in our room was not ready so we went to Disney Springs by boat (Loved this!) and then GF for Afternoon Tea. Then by the time we return I had not gotten a room ready notification ( This was after 3pm close to 4pm at this point) and the front desk person said there was a group of rooms in Building 5 that just weren't ready including ours :sad1: She asked what to do and I said we were exhausted at this point being up from 2:30 am for our flight in just give us whatever you have so we were placed in Building 2 2nd floor away from the pools so pretty close to what I wanted.

Anyway all of that to say would definitely say here again for a solo or couples trip. My guy and I really enjoyed the resort.

Last edited:
How did you find the bus service to the parks, in terms of commute times?

I found the worse Bus service was from Animal Kingdom as that was the only Park that at night seemed to share with POR every night. One of those nights there was an accident on the normal route back from AK to the PO resorts so to then have to go through all those stops was pretty brutal. Every other Park was pretty direct at night. I believe one afternoon we shared to HS but it wasn't terrible. Otherwise the Bus service was really quick.

We will be there in a couple of weeks!

My husband is a runner and usually wakes up early to go for a jog before we head out. I heard about the Sunday morning run that they have at the resort. Do they still do it? If so, how early do you have to sign up for it?

Second question, do you use your magic bands to get into the gate at the resort for parking? My dad will be staying with us. We are arriving a few hours before him via DME as we are flying into MCO. Since he is on the reservation, would he be able to use them to get in the gate without having to stop at the guard to check in? I know there's a parking pass we have to get for him.

I have a question for those that have arrived on early flights and your room is not ready. In our past stays, we have always rented a car on our arrival day so keeping our backpacks with our laptops and electronics with us has never been an issue. This trip we have decided to not rent a car because our trip is only 3 nights/4 days. Our flight arrives in Orlando around 9 am and we have an accessible room booked at POFQ so there is a good possibility it may not be ready when we arrive in the morning...what do we do with our backpacks with our laptop and electronics? Does Bell Services have somewhere that they can lock it up? and suggesting that I travel without my laptop is something I will not do. Thanks in advance.

I have a question for those that have arrived on early flights and your room is not ready. In our past stays, we have always rented a car on our arrival day so keeping our backpacks with our laptops and electronics with us has never been an issue. This trip we have decided to not rent a car because our trip is only 3 nights/4 days. Our flight arrives in Orlando around 9 am and we have an accessible room booked at POFQ so there is a good possibility it may not be ready when we arrive in the morning...what do we do with our backpacks with our laptop and electronics? Does Bell Services have somewhere that they can lock it up? and suggesting that I travel without my laptop is something I will not do. Thanks in advance.
We have left our carry on bags which included tablets along with some other electronics with Bell Services if our room wasn't ready. Never had an issue. Personally I think they would be more secure there than in the trunk/back of a car in a parking lot.

We have left our carry on bags which included tablets along with some other electronics with Bell Services if our room wasn't ready. Never had an issue. Personally I think they would be more secure there than in the trunk/back of a car in a parking lot.

Thanks

We will be there in a couple of weeks!

My husband is a runner and usually wakes up early to go for a jog before we head out. I heard about the Sunday morning run that they have at the resort. Do they still do it? If so, how early do you have to sign up for it?

Not sure how early you have to sign up, but they did it this morning. I went past the runners this morning.

Not sure how early you have to sign up, but they did it this morning. I went past the runners this morning.

Thanks, at least that means that they are still doing it. I couldn't find anything about it on Disney's site.

It's only a family-style fun run/ jog , I can't see why you can't just turn up at 7:30 on the morning and do it. If you want to pre-register though, call 407-WDW-PLAY or visit the Concierge Desk.

Andre

Are the mini fridges in the rooms the style with drink holders inside the door? Just wondering because I plan to order some bottled water from Instacart and am concerned about space.

Here you go: https://www.portorleans.org/gallery-guest-RefurbPOFQ2018.php

PO.org-Guest-swd-20180211-134109_large.jpg

The info is on portorleans.org
Thanks!

It's only a family-style fun run/ jog , I can't see why you can't just turn up at 7:30 on the morning and do it. If you want to pre-register though, call 407-WDW-PLAY or visit the Concierge Desk.

Andre

The info that I read about it said that you had to sign up for it, so I wasn't sure. Just wanted to find out the details before we got there. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter