• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

*** not my photo *** but anyone know how I would go about getting a room facing this fountain area? Is it a booking category, or request maybe? I’m looking for a room location near a sitting area in case my kiddo is taking a nap, so I can keep eyes on the door. Thanks!

Attachments

• 612C2319-95AE-4F71-87A2-ABDA0972F507.jpeg
    612C2319-95AE-4F71-87A2-ABDA0972F507.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 67
*** not my photo *** but anyone know how I would go about getting a room facing this fountain area? Is it a booking category, or request maybe? I’m looking for a room location near a sitting area in case my kiddo is taking a nap, so I can keep eyes on the door. Thanks!

I could be wrong but Imthink a garden view room in bldg 5....

I'm the opposite, we have no rugs or carpet at home and I really dislike it anywhere now. I'm so glad they are getting rid of it at Disney.
We wear Disney Crocs in the room, though last year I found the Oofos flip flops (made for runner recovery) and they are even better. Talk about relief to your feet/legs after a day in the parks. I know why runners love them so much.
I’m going to have to look for these! For walking in the parks. I use orthotic type flip flops (Sole, etc) walking in the parks but my feet and ankles still swell up, and heel pain. A few months ago I tried Disney Crocs and was better.

In the room I use flip flops.

I’m going to have to look for these! For walking in the parks. I use orthotic type flip flops (Sole, etc) walking in the parks but my feet and ankles still swell up, and heel pain. A few months ago I tried Disney Crocs and was better.

In the room I use flip flops.
I'll warn you they are expensive for flip flops. If you want to try some out, head to a running store or the running store in DS sells them. There is a competitor brand (who's name I'm forgetting). They also have some very comfortable yet very unattractive booties. I got them for a winter trip.

During our last trip my wife and I decided to take some time to check out POFQ because we weren't too thrilled with the stay we were having at AoA. We absolutely loved what we saw and made the decision that POFQ will be our next resort to stay at! I'm very much looking forward to staying here finally because I've always heard good things.

I'll warn you they are expensive for flip flops. If you want to try some out, head to a running store or the running store in DS sells them. There is a competitor brand (who's name I'm forgetting). They also have some very comfortable yet very unattractive booties. I got them for a winter trip.
I just looked it up online. There is a flip flop store in a mall near me that sells them near me. Pretty much same price as Sole, etc.

During our last trip my wife and I decided to take some time to check out POFQ because we weren't too thrilled with the stay we were having at AoA. We absolutely loved what we saw and made the decision that POFQ will be our next resort to stay at! I'm very much looking forward to staying here finally because I've always heard good things.

If you like small, quiet, clean, and with good hangouts, you'll love POFQ!

If you like small, quiet, clean, and with good hangouts, you'll love POFQ!

We didn't realize how much we preferred small/quiet until we stayed at AoA. It wasn't a bad trip and there wasn't anything actually wrong with the resort itself but staying at AoA definitely made us realize the places we want to stay in the future.

On the topic of the smaller size of POFQ...Does the smaller size of the resort end up leading to smaller lines for buses to and from parks?

On the topic of the smaller size of POFQ...Does the smaller size of the resort end up leading to smaller lines for buses to and from parks?

I have never been there when the bus was shared with Riverside, never had to stand on a bus to the parks, and have only had a couple of times in a park when I had to wait for a second bus - like directly after fireworks or a parade.

18 more sleeps!

OT, but I've had luck finding Oofos on amazon pretty cheap (like around $40) if you aren't finicky about color. My daughter has sadly been through several pairs, as our dog has also decided she likes them
:crazy2:

I have never been there when the bus was shared with Riverside, never had to stand on a bus to the parks, and have only had a couple of times in a park when I had to wait for a second bus - like directly after fireworks or a parade.

18 more sleeps!

This is encouraging to hear. The bus service to and from AoA put a real damper on our days.

OT, but I've had luck finding Oofos on amazon pretty cheap (like around $40) if you aren't finicky about color. My daughter has sadly been through several pairs, as our dog has also decided she likes them
:crazy2:
Thanks. I always warn folks about the price tag, because even $40 for plain looking flip flops is shocking (when Old Navy sells them for $1) but as soon as you put your foot in them you realize the reason and the difference.
I don't care about color so I will seek out Amazon

Thanks. I always warn folks about the price tag, because even $40 for plain looking flip flops is shocking (when Old Navy sells them for $1) but as soon as you put your foot in them you realize the reason and the difference.
I don't care about color so I will seek out Amazon
Yes, good idea. I’m going to try on in store for fit/size then look on amazon.

Yes. We have taken the FQ bus back from the parks at close and walked to POR. The FQ bus never seems to be full.

Yes. We have taken the FQ bus back from the parks at close and walked to POR. The FQ bus never seems to be full.
It was full a few times when i went for NYE, BUT I never had to wait for a 2nd bus. There were quite a few times where people had to stand though. And once, leaving Disney Springs where a 2nd bus was needed, but I believe that was a shared bus with POR. still wouldn't deter me from a 2nd stay at POFQ. can't beat 1 resort stop. At least you know THESE are all the people that will be on the bus.

:cool2:Any photos of the new refurb rooms yet???? Any hints from CM's???

Put on your spy gear and get your snoop on!:cool:
I see PortOrleans.org now says building 2 will be done Feb 9--it was earlier before, wasn't it? We arrive Saturday so I was hoping we might have a shot at a refurbished room but if the work is still ongoing now that seems more doubtful. If we do somehow get one I will post for sure, though! I requested building 2 in hopes it will be done, we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter