Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I see PortOrleans.org now says building 2 will be done Feb 9--it was earlier before, wasn't it? We arrive Saturday so I was hoping we might have a shot at a refurbished room but if the work is still ongoing now that seems more doubtful. If we do somehow get one I will post for sure, though! I requested building 2 in hopes it will be done, we'll see.

The end date has always been listed there as 9th Feb. Staff at the resort said last week that that were hoping for handover earlier, but that hasn't happened. Remember those dates are only internal work estimates, they are not meant to be 'guest bookable'.

Andre

I see PortOrleans.org now says building 2 will be done Feb 9--it was earlier before, wasn't it? We arrive Saturday so I was hoping we might have a shot at a refurbished room but if the work is still ongoing now that seems more doubtful. If we do somehow get one I will post for sure, though! I requested building 2 in hopes it will be done, we'll see.

Thanks. I don't arrive until March 20 so there is still time for me. I just know we are all anxious for a peek at the new rooms!:sail:

The end date has always been listed there as 9th Feb. Staff at the resort said last week that that were hoping for handover earlier, but that hasn't happened. Remember those dates are only internal work estimates, they are not meant to be 'guest bookable'.

Andre

Thanks, I couldn't recall what it said there before--I know there had been talk here of it being ready this week, but wasn't sure if the dates there reflected that too.

I definitely never expect any kind of construction or renovation to finish on time/early, so we booked knowing our odds of a renovated room were slim. Still crossing fingers for that slim chance, but I'm sure we will be happy wherever we end up!

Are there not many options for POFQ online check-in room requests? I can choose "near transportation" but there's no option for upper floor, which I swear there used to be. Room Request 1 only has "ground floor" and "corner room" and Request 2 has those two plus "near transportation."

Oooo - if you get some pixie dust, you might be the very first person to stay in a newly refurbished room!

Oooo - if you get some pixie dust, you might be the very first person to stay in a newly refurbished room!
I feel like that would be VERY lucky--especially because our party has 2 rooms and I did also request that we are at least in the same building.

Although I guess someone is going to be that very lucky person--it *could* be me! Not going to count on it, though.

Not many folks know to request a specific building, and if they're just getting finished with it today (?), then I'd say you have at least a better than even chance. We're going in 17 days, and have made the same request. We also won't count on it, but it would be very nice.

So my friend and I had to rebook our trip due to me not being able to get any time off in May for my new job. I was so concerned that we wouldn't be able to get POFQ back! But we did! We will now be there Sept 30 - Oct 5 for Food and Wine!
Will be there Sept. 26 - Oct. 2! Have a great time!

We are staying at POFQ for the first time in June after a two stays at Riverside. I'm beyond excited to see the new rooms!

Are there not many options for POFQ online check-in room requests? I can choose "near transportation" but there's no option for upper floor, which I swear there used to be. Room Request 1 only has "ground floor" and "corner room" and Request 2 has those two plus "near transportation."

The room request section during Online Check In has been a mess for the past year. Well even before that, but it's gotten worse. It's the main reason why I've always called my requests in. Then you're not tied to the useless selections online.

Saw this on Facebook. Posted by Fairytale Journeys who said it's a first look at the new rooms.

Appears all that was changed was the removal of the carpet and replacing it with flooring. All of the furnishings look the same as before. The color of the walls may have been changed.

Are the mattresses new?

They should be, yes. I can't see if the beds are back on raised legs, to allow storage underneath though - that was the plan, but there are other things that got cut back such as an extra hand-held shower head.

Andre

pictures of the refurb are here portorleans.org they look nice, not a major change. I was expecting something different, I don't think they gave to much thought to the decor etc.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter