Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We are booked in a garden room and will be traveling with 2 kids and a stroller. I'm trying to decide if we should request a ground floor or an upper floor. We've stayed at POR preferred ground floor before--there was barely any foot traffic and the raised front porch area combined with the landscaping made it seems private. We visited my parents at POFQ and their ground floor standard room in building 7 seemed busy and chaotic. Can anyone offer some some advice?

We are booked in a garden room and will be traveling with 2 kids and a stroller. I'm trying to decide if we should request a ground floor or an upper floor. We've stayed at POR preferred ground floor before--there was barely any foot traffic and the raised front porch area combined with the landscaping made it seems private. We visited my parents at POFQ and their ground floor standard room in building 7 seemed busy and chaotic. Can anyone offer some some advice?

The good news is POFQ has elevators, or at least building 6 did. That made it a lot easier with the stroller.

We'll be checking in tomorrow! Can't wait. Little concerned about rain the whole time, but oh well!

I'm booked for two Garden View rooms in January. Can I request a king bed or is that not compatible with the Garden View room? I understand King rooms are bookable, so I'm not sure if I'm able to just put in a request or pay to upgrade.

I've not really seen it chaotic at FQ, but the theme and build is different, so, if you liked the "raised" feeling, then I'd go for an upper floor at FQ, then maybe also request close to an elevator.

I'm booked for two Garden View rooms in January. Can I request a king bed or is that not compatible with the Garden View room? I understand King rooms are bookable, so I'm not sure if I'm able to just put in a request or pay to upgrade.

As @dansdad said, you would have to book king rooms. There are king rooms that have garden views, but a room that is designated as “Garden View” would have 2 Queen beds.

If you want/need King beds, you would need to book King and request Garden View.

Also note (since I know from your other post you are traveling with your mother in the other room), King rooms are not going to be connecting. Best case they may be at opposite ends/sides of a building.

We were in building 4, ground floor, literally a few doors down from the food court, and rarely heard anything going on outside our room day or night. I would have thought that would be a busier area than building 7.

We were in building 4, ground floor, literally a few doors down from the food court, and rarely heard anything going on outside our room day or night. I would have thought that would be a busier area than building 7.
It probably was the time of day we were visiting (7 pm) or a weird fluke. Their POFQ room faced the parking lot and it felt a lot closer to the parking lot than it looks on the touring plans room view pictures. I'm not worried about noise outside of the room. Most mornings we are a mess--we forget at least one thing, my DH doesn't double check his cords/cables/wallet/hat/magicband/etc until we are outside of the room, the kids want a different snack. I just don't want to be in someone else's way because we don't have our act together.

How does roomcharge work with the MB? Both me and DH will be using our MB for roomcharge during our holiday and I've already set up my CC and a pin on my MDE. Will my DH be able to use roomcharge with the same pin without having to do anything? All charges will go to the same card that is already registered.

How does roomcharge work with the MB? Both me and DH will be using our MB for roomcharge during our holiday and I've already set up my CC and a pin on my MDE. Will my DH be able to use roomcharge with the same pin without having to do anything? All charges will go to the same card that is already registered.

He needs his own pin, but the same CC...however, you can set his pin to be the same as yours if you want, it just has to be set up. You can do it in the Online Checkin section, or at the Front Desk in the Resort.

He needs his own pin, but the same CC...however, you can set his pin to be the same as yours if you want, it just has to be set up. You can do it in the Online Checkin section, or at the Front Desk in the Resort.

On the online check in it says 2 out of 2 pins set up, I suppose that's from a previous trip, and that we have to see the front desk to set it up. We have to pick up our MBs at the front desk anyway, so we'll just set it up then.

Is POFQ a busy resort or pretty quiet this time of year? Anyone bringing a baby this month? I'd love to know if the pool is good for 12 month olds? Thanks.

Is POFQ a busy resort or pretty quiet this time of year? Anyone bringing a baby this month? I'd love to know if the pool is good for 12 month olds? Thanks.
Hi Anna, just got back from a great stay at POFQ and it was very quiet. There were plenty of people there, but it never felt crowded in any part of the resort. There is a kiddie pool/play area, but it does have a lot of extra features. There is a large bucket that fills with water at the top of the play area (think water playground equipment) and then tips over and dumps all the water out. It's quite a lot of water and I was glad that my preschooler wasn't under it when it came pouring out. The main pool area was pretty relaxing. They do offer life vests and I saw one smaller Puddle Jumper type vest too.

I’m pretty sure swim diapers are not allowed in the pools. Kids can be in the splash area with them, but it is against health code to wear them in a pool anywhere I have ever heard of.

And if they are? That just reinforces my avoidance of the pools. Those “diapers” only contain the actual solid stuff - NOT the liquid or the bacteria.

Edit... Upon googling, apparently Disney bucks all public pool health regulations and not only allows them, but allows them without rubber pants over them (the way some places allow them). GROSS!

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure swim diapers are not allowed in the pools. Kids can be in the splash area with them, but it is against health code to wear them in a pool anywhere I have ever heard of.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are not allowed in the pool... heck, one evening I just wanted to sit on the edge of the pool to soak my tired feet, with my refillable mug (NO GLASS) holding a well-contained beverage of choice. and they told me that the mug had to be no closer than 10' from the edge of the pool... said the rule was to guard against spilling into the pool and affecting the chemical level.... :scratchin

And if they are? That just reinforces my avoidance of the pools. Those “diapers” only contain the actual solid stuff - NOT the liquid or the bacteria.

Signs posted at the pools state that “diaper age children must wear plastic pants or swim diapers.”

I wouldn't be surprised if they are not allowed in the pool... heck, one evening I just wanted to sit on the edge of the pool to soak my tired feet, with my refillable mug (NO GLASS) holding a well-contained beverage of choice. and they told me that the mug had to be no closer than 10' from the edge of the pool... said the rule was to guard against spilling into the pool and affecting the chemical level.... :scratchin

Sadly, upon googling, all the info I found was that they are allowed AND no rubber pants over them are required. In the pools and the water parks.

DISGUSTING.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter