• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Not in my room. Perhaps someone broke it off.

Sorry, I forgot about the refit changes which added an extra light into the centre of the ceiling fan. Not really necessary with the other lighting changes, and it removed the fan-speed pull cord.

Andre

View attachment 793613

Not in my room. Perhaps someone broke it off.
Two things. First, did you check all the drawers for a fan remote? Worth a look next time around.
Second, check with the desk. If you can change the speed they can tell you how if there isn't a remote.
Actually, three things. Lastly, maybe there isn't a way to change the speed and I'm full of bologna. Well, there is a way to change it, but the resort removed it.

I did not see a remote. The fan and light were on/off via wall switch (separate ones for each). I did look in the night stand drawer and there was only a bible, no remote. Nothing by the coffee maker except the tv remote. I did not ask the desk.

Hi everyone! My sister and I are deciding between staying at FQ or Riverside for a trip in March. We were set on staying at FQ until I heard about the pool closure, as we plan on heading to the pool for an afternoon break every day of the trip. I know that FQ has a more convenient bus system and size, but I'm wondering if the being closer to the pools at Riverside will be better for us. Thoughts?

Hi everyone! My sister and I are deciding between staying at FQ or Riverside for a trip in March. We were set on staying at FQ until I heard about the pool closure, as we plan on heading to the pool for an afternoon break every day of the trip. I know that FQ has a more convenient bus system and size, but I'm wondering if the being closer to the pools at Riverside will be better for us. Thoughts?

Personally, I wouldn't plan on where I was staying based on pool availability for a March trip. March can be very hit and miss with the weather. It could be 82 and perfect or it could be 65 and chilly. I would book based on which resort was more appealing to me, which would be based more on size, transportation, general vibe and other variables and then plan accordingly. However, if the possibility of using the pool daily is your top priority, obviously book the resort with the pool. Hang out here long enough and you'll read every possible thought and opinion on every possible option. Everyone does Disney their own way, only you and your sister can really decide what was is best for you and your sister.

My sister is a pool and hot tub gal. She would book Riverside over FQ for the pool availability. Pools are a frill for me, and I would book FQ.

I'm booked in March at POFQ - part of my reasoning for choosing it is because the pool is closed :) I'm not a pool person and I figure the resort might have less traffic during that time, and if I randomly get the desire for some time at the pool it's easy to get over to POR. That being said, if a pool was important for me as my place to relax for an afternoon break that I'm going to use daily, it would make more sense to stay at the nearby similarly themed and priced resort that has several pools - staying at POFQ, you'd have to first get a bus from the park to POFQ, go to your room, get your pool things, walk (or take a boat) over to POR for the pool, then reverse all of the above. It just seems like a lot of extra stress and time to do daily, especially as the pool time is supposed to be the break. Yes at POR you'd lose the slightly easier transport and more compact size of POFQ, but you'd be losing that anyways by traveling between the two resorts repeatedly.

What is the Magic Band selection like in the shop? We probably just want to get one of the plain ones to be fair.

How accurate are the renovation timelines (historically)? I know there's construction that will close down the pool until April 2024, but does Disney meet these dates?

We're going to be booking for early May 2024 (first and second weeks), and POFQ is on the list - but concerned the pool might still be out of service.

How accurate are the renovation timelines (historically)? I know there's construction that will close down the pool until April 2024, but does Disney meet these dates?

We're going to be booking for early May 2024 (first and second weeks), and POFQ is on the list - but concerned the pool might still be out of service.
Generally with announced hotel project dates they are pretty good are are unlikely to overrun until they hit a major issue.

Andre

What is the Magic Band selection like in the shop? We probably just want to get one of the plain ones to be fair.
I was there in May and they still had some plain MBs in the gift shop. You had to look for them, but they were there. But that was 6 months ago. Someone who's been there more recently will have to answer.

BTW, since you're staying at POFQ (at least I assume you are), you can purchase MBs through MDE at a discount and have them shipped to you before your trip. The last time I looked there were still several plain old not-MB+ bands available that way. And they're like $9.99.

BTW, since you're staying at POFQ (at least I assume you are), you can purchase MBs through MDE at a discount and have them shipped to you before your trip. The last time I looked there were still several plain old not-MB+ bands available that way. And they're like $9.99.
That's no longer an option for those of us who don't live in the USA and it looks like the OP is from the UK. I'm from Canada and extremely annoyed the disney took this discount away from us! They never shipped them but until this past June we were able to order them at the discounted price and pick them up when we checked in. Now we need to buy them on site and don't get the discount 😒

That's no longer an option for those of us who don't live in the USA and it looks like the OP is from the UK. I'm from Canada and extremely annoyed the disney took this discount away from us! They never shipped them but until this past June we were able to order them at the discounted price and pick them up when we checked in. Now we need to buy them on site and don't get the discount 😒
Oh no. That is very annoying and disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter