Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I am also concerned the rooms will be even more bland. My biggest concern is that they will go the trend of one queen and one murphy queen and removing the table and chairs in favor of the twin drop down/couch and coffee table thingy.(like the new rooms at CBR in Trinidad) I really am not a fan of those rooms. They are pretty but I do not care for the functionality. I prefer the fixed queen beds and a real table and chairs. I also love having the ceiling fan which could see the chopping block.

The only items I really want replaced are the HVAC units, maybe replace the furniture with similar design but more charging outlets, more lighting, new tile in the bathroom areas, and frosted glass shower doors instead of the curtain.

Honestly I feel that has already happened in the last few rounds of changes. The rooms were not so much rethemed last time, but more dethemed. Removal of the borders at the tops of walls, boring stark white bed coverings, no themed pillows, dull laminate flooring, even the curtains were generally toned down. There are a few nice details such as the bedheads being retain and new light fittings, and some added amenities like the USB sockets, bigger TV and a vanity mirror - but otherwise there has been very little positive to note.

Andre

Andre - Have you heard anything? Is this true that a full remodel is in the works for 2024?

Honestly I feel that has already happened in the last few rounds of changes. The rooms were not so much rethemed last time, but more dethemed. Removal of the borders at the tops of walls, boring stark white bed coverings, no themed pillows, dull laminate flooring, even the curtains were generally toned down. There are a few nice details such as the bedheads being retain and new light fittings, and some added amenities like the USB sockets, bigger TV and a vanity mirror - but otherwise there has been very little positive to note.

View attachment 820838

View attachment 820841

Andre

Oh I remember those rooms when we had the bed spreads and the dust ruffles… I can still see the pattern of the carpet when I close my eyes!

We were stupidly grateful when after the “white linen/plastic floor refresh” we got back the furniture, with it’s distinctive style; it kept a bit of the old style, and made us at least feel a little comfortable. Our daughter still mourned the loss of the bedspreads and throw pillows though.

I just hate the thought of losing that last little bit of originality. Not to mention the sofa pulldown or table beds that (even at Poly DVC) are just not as comfortable as a “real” bed.

I love POFQ so much. The thought of losing any more of it’s original character makes me so very sad. I know that I have been very lucky to be able to stay there enough to have this feeling; many folks have never had the joy of a stay at POFQ (or POR).

Thanks, Andre for that reminder; it makes me smile to see that again! We don’t have any pretty pictures of the rooms like that; all of ours are full of suitcases, with the posts on the headboards full of Mardi Gras beads!

What's everyone's favorite building to request for a garden view room?

Each building has unique garden views - different fountains, or layouts of the lawn and gardens. Personally, I love them all; they each have a personality, and are a lovely place to just sit, relax, draw breath and take a break from the madness in the Parks.

Regardless of which building you stay in, I hope you have time to really appreciate the work that the landscape Cast Members do there. It's just lovely.

I can't remember, is there a toaster in the food court? I am pretty sure I remember a microwave but cannot seem to remember if I saw a toaster. Thanks!

Hi all, just upgraded from Pop to POFQ and I'm so excited! One question -- Scat Cat's page on the website says music starts at 7:30pm on Fridays, but how late do they play until? I have an 8:30 reservation for Hoop Dee Doo, so we'll probably get back to POFQ around 10:45-11:00pm via Uber/Minnie Van. Do you think the band will still be playing? Thanks!

Hi all, just upgraded from Pop to POFQ and I'm so excited! One question -- Scat Cat's page on the website says music starts at 7:30pm on Fridays, but how late do they play until? I have an 8:30 reservation for Hoop Dee Doo, so we'll probably get back to POFQ around 10:45-11:00pm via Uber/Minnie Van. Do you think the band will still be playing? Thanks!
Last night the band started playing at 7:30 pm and played 30 minute sets followed by a 30 minute break. So they band was playing from 7:30-8, 8:30-9, 9:30-10, and the final set was 10:30-11.

We loved building 3 room 3232, on our last stay. I know the entire resort is convenient but it's so close that if you forgot something from the food court, it was a 2 min walk max to grab it.

So thanks to the new Disney Visa discount that dropped today, I switched over to POFQ for my April trip. I'm excited, as I've never stayed here before, despite always wanting to, mainly because there were usually no discounts being offered for my dates.

Two questions:

Can I request a microwave for the room like I was able to do at Coronado Springs for past trips? I know that it's based on availability, but it's convenient when you want to reheat leftovers and eat in the room.

Are there Keurig coffeemakers in the rooms?

So thanks to the new Disney Visa discount that dropped today, I switched over to POFQ for my April trip. I'm excited, as I've never stayed here before, despite always wanting to, mainly because there were usually no discounts being offered for my dates.

Two questions:

Can I request a microwave for the room like I was able to do at Coronado Springs for past trips? I know that it's based on availability, but it's convenient when you want to reheat leftovers and eat in the room.

Are there Keurig coffeemakers in the rooms?
Yes they have microwaves available on a request basis, haven't been denied in the last 4 years, even on this past Thanksgiving weekend. We asked for one when we checked in and it was actually in the room before we got there ourselves! The coffee makers are those little drip machines.

Looks like the rumours are true. I saw on another website that permits were filed for all of the POFQ buildings and the contractor is Balfour Beatty which does large projects at WDW. Sigh.....crossing fingers that the room renovations don't kill the charm and function of the current rooms.

Looks like the rumours are true. I saw on another website that permits were filed for all of the POFQ buildings and the contractor is Balfour Beatty which does large projects at WDW. Sigh.....crossing fingers that the room renovations don't kill the charm and function of the current rooms.
Thanks for the heads up.
Do you know when this is supposed to start? We’re staying at POFQ in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter