Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Just back from 8 nights at POR with family. The only request our daughter made was that we had 3 rooms side-by-side and we "almost" got that. Our daughter and her family had a connecting room with her husband's parents, then there was a walkway, then our room. So we weren't EXACTLY side by side but it was fine. She had hoped they would be in the middle as the grandchildren wanted a set of grandparents on each side, but we didn't ask to make a change. We were in Acadian House which is kind of what I expected since she didn't request a closer building. We were on the first floor, facing the river and it wasn't a long walk at all to get to the food court/lobby. Just a "hop, skip and a jump" and we were on the bridge going to the main pool. Never minded the walk at all.

Loved being back at that resort (4th time for me), it's so pretty and peaceful. Never had time to take a long walk around the whole resort though, and never had time for a carriage ride either. Next time. :)

Only minor complaints were that we had a prank phone call at 2:00 in the morning one night (several teen tour groups were at POR that week) and one morning we had the "privacy please" card hanging outside our door but had the curtains open so the housekeeper peeked in at 9:30 and tapped on the window. :( I opened the door and she wanted to know when we were leaving for the day. :( I almost took back the tip envelope I had laying on one of the bed pillows. To me, "privacy please" means just that! No peeking in the window and knocking on it!!

Love Acadian House, we had a 2nd floor River view last year very close to Bridge, and close to the bus stop behind the building!
We just got back on Saturday night. One day we wanted a sleep in day, were there 10 days, so had the sign out. No problem, no one came knocking on the door.
We were on Oak Manor
The room assignors are great at POR. We got all our requests!!! But with 3 rooms it's hard to get in a row. close prox is very good. And they don't have 3 connecting rooms in a row. Only 2.
We only had 1 room, and so was easier.

Love Acadian House, we had a 2nd floor River view last year very close to Bridge, and close to the bus stop behind the building!
We just got back on Saturday night. One day we wanted a sleep in day, were there 10 days, so had the sign out. No problem, no one came knocking on the door.
We were on Oak Manor
The room assignors are great at POR. We got all our requests!!! But with 3 rooms it's hard to get in a row. close prox is very good. And they don't have 3 connecting rooms in a row. Only 2.
We only had 1 room, and so was easier.

We liked having the North bus stop so close. I was a little worried about being on the 1st floor and hearing noises from above but we never heard a thing, and I didn't even use my ear plugs all week. :) The resort was very quiet overnight. Yes, I knew it might be hard to get 3 rooms in a row but was glad we were able to, even with a walkway between. I think the landscaping at POR is so pretty, just love the river and bridges and all the flowers, etc.

Whoo hoo! We are booked at POR. Oct 30-Nov 6th. I actually have 2 different reservations. Does anyone know the likelihood of us being able to stay in the same room?

Whoo hoo! We are booked at POR. Oct 30-Nov 6th. I actually have 2 different reservations. Does anyone know the likelihood of us being able to stay in the same room?

There's a good chance that they'll be able to do that for you as long as the room categories are the same - make sure your two bookings are marked as linked / follow-ons in the system though, and add "same room" as a request. You'll still need to technically check out and check back in again on your swap-over day though to get your room access reset.

Andre

We liked having the North bus stop so close. I was a little worried about being on the 1st floor and hearing noises from above but we never heard a thing, and I didn't even use my ear plugs all week. :) The resort was very quiet overnight. Yes, I knew it might be hard to get 3 rooms in a row but was glad we were able to, even with a walkway between. I think the landscaping at POR is so pretty, just love the river and bridges and all the flowers, etc.

Our room was very quiet too! And I knew there were 2 children in room next to us. Never heard a thing. It is a beautiful resort. And in summer even more so!

For over a year I have been planning my next visit to the World and POR. Oct 31 2016 is getting closer--but not fast enough

I just got back, and I'm already jealous of those going soon. Thanks everyone for the great info on POR.

FOUR DAYS TO GO!!!!! We are scheduled to check into POR this Sunday, if the weather cooperates with our flight plans! I sent my faxed room requests today, so I'm hoping for a little pixie dust for our 7yo DD's first trip to Disney. We have booked a Royal garden view room, and I only asked for a location close to the bridge and a top floor if possible.

I am so excited about getting back to POR (DH and I stayed there years ago with my sister's family, before our DD was born) and experiencing Disney with our daughter :love:

It looks like there is no microwave in POR Royal Rooms? Can you still request one?

It looks like there is no microwave in POR Royal Rooms? Can you still request one?

Hotel rooms at Disney generally don't have microwaves, no. You can request one, as there are a small number abailable for guests, but it's not guaranteed. You can use the microwaves in the food court too.

Andre

Super excited! Just changed our plans to include a one night stay in a royal room! We are staying 7 nights in a 4 bedroom presidential at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We added a one night stay on site at the start and a two nights on site at the end. We are staying at ASSp for DS8 at the end. I had planned on staying at Pop at the beginning but found that there were still Royal rooms available with the spring discount. So we switched and will start our trip in a royal room garden view! Any suggestions for me? We have stayed at POFQ before but not at POR. Plan to use our arrival day to hang at the resort and boat to DTD in the evening. We are DH, DD11, and DS8, and myself. We will be joining another family the next day at WBC.

Last edited:
I am struggling with how many nights to reserve. Already decided to save a little and stay at POP for our first couple nights and then move to our beloved POR. What to do? Have 5 day tickets but can bring along a couple old non-expiring with a day or two left to increase days at parks.

We haven't been to WDW in years and want to make the most of this visit (my DS and I) since my DD and DSIL bought a house in California and most Disney trips will be to DL in the future.

Super excited! Just changed our plans to include a one night stay in a royal room! We are staying 7 nights in a 4 bedroom presidential at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We added a one night stay on site at the start and a two nights on site at the end. We are staying at ASSp for DS8 at the end. I had planned on staying at Pop at the beginning but found that there were still Royal rooms available with the spring discount. So we switched and will start our trip in a royal room garden view! Any suggestions for me? We have stayed at POFQ before but not at POR. Plan to use our arrival day to hang at the resort and boat to DTD in the evening. We are DH, DD11, and DS8, and myself. We will be joining another family the next day at WBC.

We liked Oak Manor. Had a garden view in the centre courtyard.

I am struggling with how many nights to reserve. Already decided to save a little and stay at POP for our first couple nights and then move to our beloved POR. What to do? Have 5 day tickets but can bring along a couple old non-expiring with a day or two left to increase days at parks.

We haven't been to WDW in years and want to make the most of this visit (my DS and I) since my DD and DSIL bought a house in California and most Disney trips will be to DL in the future.

I'd stay 8-9 days since you have 7 days of tickets. I'm not sure where you're traveling from, but for us it's long travel days so I don't count arrival or departure days as park days.

Hi everyone- once again I am seeking some advice. I'm arriving at POR in 2 weeks. Up til recently I had 2 different reservations for the same dates but I only got 1 ME mailing. The confirmation # did not match either of my reservations but I am pretty sure it belonged to the res I ended up canceling because there was no flight info listed. I called WDW and the CM I spoke with said as long as the tags had the right resort and date on it it was fine and the bar code was not linked to the res. But he also said he was new (he didn't know there were two sections of POR!). I'd really like to be reunited with my luggage when I get there so I am a little anxious- does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? I've been to WDW and POR several times but have not used the ME luggage service before.

Thanks in advance!

For those people who were following the limited tests that took place last year, you may be pleased to know that the 'Direct to Room' checkin service will now become a permanent feature at the Port Orleans resorts starting from next week, Tuesday 10 February, and soon after then at the other Disney resorts.

It still won't be compulsory of course - you can always head over to the Front Desk when you arrive if you prefer, or if you need something specific - but assuming you've already received your Magic Bands in the post and have completed the necessary online process, it will be possible to have your resort room number communicated to you by email and/or text message shortly before your arrival. You will then be able to completely bypass the whole traditional registration process and go straight to your room with your Magic Band already activated and ready for use to get you into your room, pay for dining, use your ticketed admissions into the theme parks, access FastPass+, etc.

While this won't appeal to everyone - especially for those first-time visitors who may not know their way around the resort yet - for returning guests who just want to get to Disney and head straight off to a park, it could be a real time-saver.

Andre

Hmmm, even though I've been many times, I still like to go to the desk, and get my packet with park sched and resort sched. And since I arrive by rental car having flown into Lauderdale for family visit, I like them to tell me which side of building to park behind for unloading luggage.
So maybe not for me. But for those arriving on DME and not dealing with luggage I can see the value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter