Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Which section do you recommend for a female solo traveler? :scratchin

Female solo traveler here who has stayed at POR quite a few times - I much prefer the mansions section.
The landscaping isn't so wild and I don't feel like I'm wandering forever in the woods to get to my room.
Of course, it would help if I went the correct way at 2am when I stayed in the AB section. LOL

Which section do you recommend for a female solo traveler? :scratchin

I booked a GV and requested a high floor. I'm inclined to the Mansion section but if assigned to AB my priority is to be close to Riverside Mill. Also do not want to wander too far at night by myself (even in Disney).

Eeeeee, I can't sleep. We will be at POR tonight!!!!!

I can't wait to get the kids off to school so I can pack. We are surprising them with the trip at school dismissal (3 o'clock) then heading straight to the airport for a 6 o'clock flight.

I love the anticipation. But I also would have loved a little more sleep.
:dance3:

Nooooooo :sad1: ️POR mugs are sold out!!!! I saw them when we arrived, but stupidly tjought I'd wait till closer to end of stay to buy one and now they're gone :sad2: ugh.

Nooooooo :sad1: ️POR mugs are sold out!!!! I saw them when we arrived, but stupidly tjought I'd wait till closer to end of stay to buy one and now they're gone :sad2: ugh.
Gone forever or just temporarily out of stock?

We are going for a four day weekend, arriving Thursday night of Columbus Day weekend, and just staying till Columbus Day. I have a mentally challenged, physically handicapped, autistic, epileptic 18 year old son. I cannot afford more than the standard view room, otherwise I'd book a preferred room.

Our big challenge will be walking long distances. Our son can walk, but tires easily. I will fax a request in closer to our date, but how likely will it be that we may have a room far away from the food court due to the resort being crowded that weekend and the resort not able to meet our request?

Also, would it be better to request a room close to an elevator? Or a ground floor room?

I've never been at POR before, so I'm a bit nervous about the distances.

We are going for a four day weekend, arriving Thursday night of Columbus Day weekend, and just staying till Columbus Day. I have a mentally challenged, physically handicapped, autistic, epileptic 18 year old son.

I would suggest you contact the WDW Special Needs team in advance and outline your son's circumstances, and let them know what would help to make his vacation easier and more enjoyable. Their number is 1-407-939-7807. They should be able to work with the resort to find you a suitable room location.

You could also try faxing the resort directly (1-407-934-5777) and they will most likely get back in touch with you to discuss your situation too (give them your phone number and email address).

Hope everything works out well and that you all have a great stay.

Andre

I would suggest you contact the WDW Special Needs team in advance and outline your son's circumstances, and let them know what would help to make his vacation easier and more enjoyable. Their number is 1-407-939-7807. They should be able to work with the resort to find you a suitable room

Wow, I've been coming to WDW with my son for years and was completely unaware of this. Of course staying in our RV at Ft. Wilderness we haven't really had a need. But staying in a resort hotel, I feel like a fish out of water. Thank you so much!

Kind of a question for any disney resort, but does mousekeeping replace the shampoo and conditioner everyday... I want to minimize packing and not bring full size ones :-)

Thank you for theses threads. I've been lurking a lot and have a learned a great deal by reading!

Less than 60 days for me!

Kind of a question for any disney resort, but does mousekeeping replace the shampoo and conditioner everyday... I want to minimize packing and not bring full size ones :-)

Thank you for theses threads. I've been lurking a lot and have a learned a great deal by reading!

Less than 60 days for me!

Based on our stays at POFQ we usually got replacements 1 or 2 times on a 6 day trip. However that was just with 2 people. That being said even with us showering at least once a day if not twice we never came close to running out. If you are worried just bring a few small bottles.

I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a million times. I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect for travel times on the bus. I see the main page that says Epcot is 10 minutes on the bus, and is the closest.
Our trip is mid March, so if we are planning on making 9:00 opening at MK, How long is the bus ride itself? And I'm assuming the there will be buses starting right at 8:00, but what happens if we miss that first one, at opening do buses start out more frequently? I see the bus circles for all the stops at POR, but how long does this usually take if we are at the first stop?

Would love to get a realistic idea of what to expect for how long to get to each park. (Once on the bus) Thanks!

Would love to get a realistic idea of what to expect for how long to get to each park. (Once on the bus) Thanks!

Generally, I'd suggest allowing at least an hour for any park (and maybe a bit more for AK) to safely leave time for a missed bus, possible route delays, 10+ minutes to do the pickup circuit around POR, getting through bag-check once you are there, etc.

You might find the info at http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php helpful with your planning, as it gives some tips on which buses are most likely to use which routes, etc.

Andre

The February 2015 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedule for Port Orleans Riverside is now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedules page for a full-size printable PDF version.

The evening campfires will commence at 5pm this month and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 7pm. These events will this month take place on alternate days at the two resorts - Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday at Riverside, and Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday at French Quarter.

Oh, and don't forget Mardi Gras on Tuesday 17 February.

POR-Rec-2015-02.jpg

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter