Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

DD and I check-in to POR on Wednesday, June 22nd. I know faxed room requests should be sent 3-5 days prior to check-in. Since I only have access to a fax at work, should I fax my request on Friday, June 17th or wait until Monday, June 20th? Thank you!
I sent my fax on Memorial Day, May 30th, for a Saturday, June 4th check in. They met my requests which means that they saw my fax. I would send your fax on Friday.

DD and I check-in to POR on Wednesday, June 22nd. I know faxed room requests should be sent 3-5 days prior to check-in. Since I only have access to a fax at work, should I fax my request on Friday, June 17th or wait until Monday, June 20th? Thank you!

It's really not a military campaign you know :) Just fax it on the Friday.

Andre

IMG_2709_zpsnbjaueei.jpg

We got a cute towel animal on this trip. I thought they didn't make them anymore so I was very pleased to receive this one. :)
It's very cute, but YUCK! I'd have to throw the tooth brushes away and get new ones in the gift shop. I always put my toothbrush and other personal items away in a drawer before leaving the room. I don't want housekeepers handling these things.

I don't think they normally do, but you can always do the checkin part yourself on your phone/etc and then print the boarding passes out after 8am when Concierge opens the next morning.

Andre

I always check in on my phone (unless I use Southwest Early Bird check-in), and then the boarding pass is usually hanging on my door. If not, they'll print it at the desk where you check your bags.

It's very cute, but YUCK! I'd have to throw the tooth brushes away and get new ones in the gift shop.

Well that would never have occurred to me in a million years! I've always thought it was a fun, kind and thoughtful thing to do (we've had our toiletries/etc arranged that way a few times).

It's not as though someone is putting them in their mouths or anything, and only holding them by the handles.

Andre

Hello! I was just wondering what there is to do in the later hours of the night at Disney. We arrive in Orlando at around 9:15 and will probably get to the hotel around 9:30-10. Is there anything to do once we get to the hotel? Should we go to a park? Or go to Disney Springs? There are no children traveling with us but the majority are 18. What's fun to do around the later hours?

Hello! I was just wondering what there is to do in the later hours of the night at Disney. We arrive in Orlando at around 9:15 and will probably get to the hotel around 9:30-10. Is there anything to do once we get to the hotel? Should we go to a park? Or go to Disney Springs? There are no children traveling with us but the majority are 18. What's fun to do around the later hours?
I would prob want to unpack, walk around the resort and try to get some sleep to be ready for the next day. We like to get to the parks for opening.

But yes, there may be stuff going on at the resort. Depending on the day, Bob Jackson has a show in the lounge. The food court is open to grab a bite, or you can take the boat to Disney Springs. You could also go to the Boardwalk area.

It's very cute, but YUCK! I'd have to throw the tooth brushes away and get new ones in the gift shop. I always put my toothbrush and other personal items away in a drawer before leaving the room. I don't want housekeepers handling these things.
We saw the housekeepers wearing blue disposable gloves when cleaning the rooms. We've had the housekeepers at WL make a towel toothbrush holder when we've stayed there. We think they are cute.

Check the park schedules to see if any of the parks are open late. There is some entertainment on the Boardwalk that you can check into. If you arrive on one of the nights that YeHaa Bob is playing in the lounge at POR then you might be able to catch his 10:30pm show. Disney Springs is open until 2am. The boats to DS run until 11pm. After that you would have to take the bus or taxi.

I saw an article lately that the POFQ food court will be closed in the Fall with no specific date. We're staying at POR for the first time in October, should we be concerned about the amount of people using that food court? I'm thinking more breakfast which seems to be busy everywhere anyway. Thanks!

I would prob want to unpack, walk around the resort and try to get some sleep to be ready for the next day. We like to get to the parks for opening.

But yes, there may be stuff going on at the resort. Depending on the day, Bob Jackson has a show in the lounge. The food court is open to grab a bite, or you can take the boat to Disney Springs. You could also go to the Boardwalk area.

That's what I do. Then again, it takes me almost all day to fly there. I am usually wiped out when I get there, so I go to the food court and grab food, maybe walk around the gift shop, and head back to my room to relax until I fall asleep. I'm a party animal.

I saw an article lately that the POFQ food court will be closed in the Fall with no specific date. We're staying at POR for the first time in October, should we be concerned about the amount of people using that food court? I'm thinking more breakfast which seems to be busy everywhere anyway. Thanks!

I don't know from experience, but I would be!

I wouldn't be concerned one bit. There will be a temporary food court set up at POFQ with pretty much the same menu as normal. I can't imagine guests walking from POFQ to POR when there's options right there at POFQ.

We are visiting in November and most likely staying at POR. I was considering other options, but we really love POR! Anyway, my mom will be travelling with our family of 5. She will likely keep one of our girls with her each night and in return, we will pay for part of her room (so we have a bit more space). My question is a little rude, but is there a way to avoid connecting rooms if we have connected reservations? Would there be other requests that we could make that would give a little distance between the rooms? My mom is great, but after long days in the park, I think we will be ready for some mom-free time (and she will likely be ready for time away from us too). If we have connecting rooms the kids are going to want the door open and getting them to bed will be more chaotic. Last time we travelled with my parents we got connecting rooms without requesting them (which was fine that time) so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

We are visiting in November and most likely staying at POR. I was considering other options, but we really love POR! Anyway, my mom will be travelling with our family of 5. She will likely keep one of our girls with her each night and in return, we will pay for part of her room (so we have a bit more space). My question is a little rude, but is there a way to avoid connecting rooms if we have connected reservations? Would there be other requests that we could make that would give a little distance between the rooms? My mom is great, but after long days in the park, I think we will be ready for some mom-free time (and she will likely be ready for time away from us too). If we have connecting rooms the kids are going to want the door open and getting them to bed will be more chaotic. Last time we travelled with my parents we got connecting rooms without requesting them (which was fine that time) so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

I've had a similar situation but it was my in laws we were traveling with. When I made the reservations I explained to the cast member that we didn't want rooms that connected and why. Had no problem getting the request

My question is a little rude, but is there a way to avoid connecting rooms if we have connected reservations?

Just put in a request for that - something along the lines of "in the same building area, but not adjoining". Oh, and hope that neither she or anyone she knows has been researching hotel information on the internet and finds this thread. :)

Andre

Just put in a request for that - something along the lines of "in the same building area, but not adjoining". Oh, and hope that neither she or anyone she knows has been researching hotel information on the internet and finds this thread. :)

Andre

Ha, no chance of her finding this. She and my husband are both "just plan an awesome trip and I'll show up and enjoy it" types. Luckily, there are thousands of people on the Disboards and other sites who are willing to discuss every last detail with me. :)

We're staying at POR at the end of August for 10 days and just upgraded our room to a Garden View Royal Guest room today to surprise our 2 girls!!! I'm so excited! They look beautiful!

So while searching threads, I've read we should request the Oak Manor building? Has anyone else stayed at the Royal Guest Rooms and made special requests that made their trip a little bit better and more convenient?? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter