Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

This trip we will need to do laundry. I am sure this has been answered but I am wondering how we pay for this. Also can Tide pods be used? Thanks

Boy, I really hate to write this about POR, but my gosh, has this resort really disappointed us during our last 5 day stay. We check out tomorrow morning, and during our 5 days, we saw housekeeping once, after we called them for towels. So much for Touring Plans room request AND a faxed request from my a few days prior for a room. We were placed in the furthest room possible from the main building in Alligator Bayou. Room wasn’t ready until 4:00 PM on arrival day and the room itself lacks serous drawer and storage space. The bus service was simply atrocious…mostly due to the drivers themselves. It is extremely obvious that Disney is employing many new drivers and drivers that simply can’t do the job. We had drivers who couldn’t take a turn, drivers who drove PAST the theme park stops, drivers who drove so slow it was painful, and overall, very obvious competency issues. I don’t blame POR for this, as this is a Disney issue. Overall, WAY too much money for what we got, from food court food to the grounds themselves which were often plagued with garbage bags and towels simply left outside of rooms and in front of the actual hotel. This is our 4th stay at this resort in the past 10 years and I can certainly say it’s our last!

This trip we will need to do laundry. I am sure this has been answered but I am wondering how we pay for this. Also can Tide pods be used? Thanks
The machines use credit cards or debit cards for payment - no cash. You can use Tide pods. I always use pods. :)

The machines use credit cards or debit cards for payment - no cash. You can use Tide pods. I always use pods. :)
Thanks. How long does a load usually take? We will be doing some pool time but I want to make sure I have enough time.

Boy, I really hate to write this about POR, but my gosh, has this resort really disappointed us during our last 5 day stay. We check out tomorrow morning, and during our 5 days, we saw housekeeping once, after we called them for towels. So much for Touring Plans room request AND a faxed request from my a few days prior for a room. We were placed in the furthest room possible from the main building in Alligator Bayou. Room wasn’t ready until 4:00 PM on arrival day and the room itself lacks serous drawer and storage space. The bus service was simply atrocious…mostly due to the drivers themselves. It is extremely obvious that Disney is employing many new drivers and drivers that simply can’t do the job. We had drivers who couldn’t take a turn, drivers who drove PAST the theme park stops, drivers who drove so slow it was painful, and overall, very obvious competency issues. I don’t blame POR for this, as this is a Disney issue. Overall, WAY too much money for what we got, from food court food to the grounds themselves which were often plagued with garbage bags and towels simply left outside of rooms and in front of the actual hotel. This is our 4th stay at this resort in the past 10 years and I can certainly say it’s our last!
A faxed request! What is this, 1996??? Seriously, sorry you had a bad experience. I am staying here next month after a really good experience at Riverside last year. If there are bus driver issues, that could be a problem at any of the resorts and is not necesarrily a Riverside issue. As for the room and service issues, that obviously sucks, but I will hope its a one off. I recall several years coming a hair away form swearing off Disney forever after some terrible (and worse) room and service issues at Beach Club. Fortunately, those issues have never come close to repeating.

I believe the fax machines are no longer at any of the resorts so I don't know if your fax would have gone through or if it did, who got it.

Thanks. How long does a load usually take? We will be doing some pool time but I want to make sure I have enough time.
I don't do laundry on vacation very often but I do remember that they give you a fairly long time for the dryer. The laundry rooms are located at the quiet pools. You can use the laundryview website to check on the machines to see the availability and time remaining for the ones that are in use.
I have booked woods view. does that guarantee AB?
Woods view could be either AB or mansions. Woods view 5th sleeper would guarantee AB. So would preferred view.

I don't do laundry on vacation very often but I do remember that they give you a fairly long time for the dryer. The laundry rooms are located at the quiet pools. You can use the laundryview website to check on the machines to see the availability and time remaining for the ones that are in use.

Woods view could be either AB or mansions. Woods view 5th sleeper would guarantee AB. So would preferred view.
Well that really sucks. If I wanted to be in a building like mansions I would have booked FQ. Also I don't usually do laundry either but we are staying for 13 days. lol

I switched my 5 day reservation to Riverside. All that was left was the standard view-5th sleeper room. If I want to be as close to the lobby as possible, should I aim for buildings #17,16 or 24? Based on touring plans

Food question, during our last stay when we asked for butter they gave us some fake vegetable oil concoction.

Any way to get real butter at Disney?

A faxed request! What is this, 1996??? Seriously, sorry you had a bad experience. I am staying here next month after a really good experience at Riverside last year. If there are bus driver issues, that could be a problem at any of the resorts and is not necesarrily a Riverside issue. As for the room and service issues, that obviously sucks, but I will hope its a one off. I recall several years coming a hair away form swearing off Disney forever after some terrible (and worse) room and service issues at Beach Club. Fortunately, those issues have never come close to repeating.
I would love to hear your reviews/thoughts from your POR stay. I’ve never stayed here, but booked a preferred location the end of April!

Last edited:
I switched my 5 day reservation to Riverside. All that was left was the standard view-5th sleeper room. If I want to be as close to the lobby as possible, should I aim for buildings #17,16 or 24? Based on touring pl
I found the best thing is just to ask to be close to the lobby rather than a specific building

I found the best thing is just to ask to be close to the lobby rather than a specific building

I got lucky and just decided not to request. They ended up giving me I believe #18 which is incredibly close to the lobby and a Touring Plans pick room! That was nice :)

I got lucky and just decided not to request. They ended up giving me I believe #18 which is incredibly close to the lobby and a Touring Plans pick room! That was nice :)
We just asked close to the lobby and got building 14... great pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter