Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

So you got a preferred building room! How did you like POR?

Loved it! It is so beautiful and recommend you take the boat to DS as the view is like youre not even in Orlando, but in Louisiana in the early 1900s! I got to go to PO-FQ but prefer riversides ambiance and the fact that even the preferred room by the lobby was very quiet, vs. fq overall! Very loud there

I would love to hear your reviews/thoughts from your POR stay. I’ve never stayed here, but booked a preferred location the end of April!
Just returned from POR, wow what a resort after staying there for first time! Stayed in Magnolia with a woods view, what a pristine, well manicured and cool resort! Both of us kept saying "this sure feels like a deluxe resort with a moderate price." although the room wasn't fancy and didn't need to be for us as we hit the parks hard!

I do think the wood floors in the room tend to attract the tree residue but not anyone's fault and we REALLY enjoyed the quiet walks, runs and just enjoying the resort and path - very quiet for most part with some families but not the volume of Pop or AoA, etc. Cool to see the surrey bikes, the lush greenery and horse and carriage! Take a quick walk to Orleans to enjoy their pool too along with the excellent beignets! Other questions let me know! Bus and transportation were quite good our whole trip, the entire key to park touring is the first first bus and front of the line at the parks, I think we were the first people into the Epcot park last week and walked onto Remy from the Intl gateway (take bus to Hollywood and Skyliner over!)

My friend is thinking about doing the tie die t-shirts. She is larger so I was wondering what is the largest size they have? and if they don't have her size I assume she can bring her own.

I just booked a princess room river view at POR this August. It'll be our first time staying there. We're so excited. We stopped by the resort before for beignets, but I can't wait to be there for a week. This is also my first time staying at a moderate. We've stayed deluxe and value. I've never been disappointed.

With such a big resort and so many trees, do you feel safe walking around at night? I know where the princess rooms are located, but it's hard to tell on a map, is it a quick walk from the lobby?

My friend is thinking about doing the tie die t-shirts. She is larger so I was wondering what is the largest size they have? and if they don't have her size I assume she can bring her own.
I am a women’s 2x. I did the tie dye at CSR in December. Not an issue getting a shirt and they had larger sizes as well. such a great souvenir to make. Just an FYI you don’t rise the shirt at Disney. They wrap it up super well and you rise it 3-5 days later

I just booked a princess room river view at POR this August. It'll be our first time staying there. We're so excited. We stopped by the resort before for beignets, but I can't wait to be there for a week. This is also my first time staying at a moderate. We've stayed deluxe and value. I've never been disappointed.

With such a big resort and so many trees, do you feel safe walking around at night? I know where the princess rooms are located, but it's hard to tell on a map, is it a quick walk from the lobby?
We had a royal room river view in February and it was a fantastic location. We were very close to the bridge that crossed the river by the main building. The one important thing to know about the royal rooms is that they don't have any USB ports in the room. And they don't have the extra outlets that they have been putting in the refurbished rooms. Bring a power strip when you go there because the only outlets in the room were the one along the wall, one next to the sink and one near the table. There is a power strip behind the dresser that the TV is plugged into. You can reach behind the dresser for that power strip so that you can plug the coffee pot into it. Otherwise, the room was very nice. :)

The rest of the rooms at POR have been upgraded with USB ports and lots of outlets. It is just the royal rooms that don't have them yet.

Last edited:
I'm a female who walks around resorts a lot alone, and I've not felt nervous at POR. If you look at a map, there is a bridge that leads directly over to the Lobby from the Mansions (which is where you'll be in the princess rooms). You can request to be put "close to lobby" or "close to bridge to lobby" if you want to be specific.

We had a royal room river view in February and it was a fantastic location. We were very close to the bridge that crossed the river by the main building. The one important thing to know about the royal rooms is that they don't have any USB ports in the room. And they don't have the extra outlets that they have been putting in the refurbished rooms. Bring a power strip when you go there because the only outlets in the room were the one along the wall, one next to the sink and one near the table. There is a power strip behind the dresser that the TV is plugged into. You can reach behind the dresser for that power strip so that you can plug the coffee pot into it. Otherwise, the room was very nice. :)

The rest of the rooms at POR have been upgraded with USB ports and lots of outlets. It is just the royal rooms that don't have them yet.
Good to know! Thanks.

I'm a female who walks around resorts a lot alone, and I've not felt nervous at POR. If you look at a map, there is a bridge that leads directly over to the Lobby from the Mansions (which is where you'll be in the princess rooms). You can request to be put "close to lobby" or "close to bridge to lobby" if you want to be specific.
Thank you. This makes me feel better. I appreciate your response.

which boat dock at DS do the boats from POR to DS use? We’re seeing a movie and I’m worried it will take us too long to walk from the marketplace dock to the theater for an 11:00 am movie with the boats starting at 10:00 (a few slow walkers on the group!). I’m sure that info is somewhere here, but a search brought up a lot from over a year ago and I wanted to make sire it’s still accurate. Thanks in advance for helping!

which boat dock at DS do the boats from POR to DS use? We’re seeing a movie and I’m worried it will take us too long to walk from the marketplace dock to the theater for an 11:00 am movie with the boats starting at 10:00 (a few slow walkers on the group!). I’m sure that info is somewhere here, but a search brought up a lot from over a year ago and I wanted to make sire it’s still accurate. Thanks in advance for helping!

As of last December, they use the Marketplace dock.

For a movie I would take the bus instead of the boat. The only dock in use at Disney Springs is the marketplace dock. The bus stop is much closer to the movie theater.

The boat uses the marketplace dock and it is a really long walk over to the west end. We had a dinner reservation at House of Blues and it took us at least 20 minutes to walk there from the boat dock. It was more than a mile away. Needless to say, we took the bus back to the resort. The bus ride is a lot shorter than the boat is.

They really need to bring back the internal boat and open the other two docks.

As of last December, they use the Marketplace dock.

For a movie I would take the bus instead of the boat. The only dock in use at Disney Springs is the marketplace dock. The bus stop is much closer to the movie theater.

The boat uses the marketplace dock and it is a really long walk over to the west end. We had a dinner reservation at House of Blues and it took us at least 20 minutes to walk there from the boat dock. It was more than a mile away. Needless to say, we took the bus back to the resort. The bus ride is a lot shorter than the boat is.

They really need to bring back the internal boat and open the other two docks.
Thanks everyone! We were walking to get on the first boat and just walk fast to the theater when a CM asked us where we were going and gave us that same advice. Turns out the busses start at 9:30 and the boats at 10, and the busses drop off much closer to the theatre while the boats only go to the marketplace which is the far end. So we were able to take the first bus at about 9:40 and got to DS with time to shop a little on the west side before going into the theater. So your advice was spot on and worked perfectly, I am just so trained to always avoid Disney busses lol that I never thought of that. Then we rode the boat back at the end of the day after shopping across DS 😊.

Just got back from a stay at our favorite resort. First time in awhile that I didn't ask for a preferred room and will go back to remembering to ask. We couldn't have been further away from the front of the resort if we had tried! We were there for the Springtime Races so between the races and seeing all the parks we didn't spend much time in the room.

The room was cleaned twice during our stay. (We got there at 1:00 am on April 13th and left on Monday the 17th. On the evening of the 14th housekeeping knocked on the door at about 5ish and wanted to clean the room. We asked them to leave towels and if they wanted to come back when we were at dinner (7ish) that would be fine but no real need. At 9:00 PM they knocked on the door (mind you we were getting up at 3:00 am to head for the race) and wanted to clean the room. We declined cleaning but they called on the phone anyway - ugh. The next two days the beds were nicely made and the trash emptied (which I hadn't expected since it wasn't a deluxe resort).
Ate at Boarwrights once. In the past, during races, a pasta meal was offered. Not this time which was ok but the food is spicier then I can handle and so I will remember for my next stay to try something different. Food in the "cafeteria" was fine. Coffee was hot. Food was as remembered :) They also had a bagel breakfast that you could prebuy for race morning.
Bus service was fine. For race morning there are separate busses provided to the start and then again from the finish. The race busses stopped at all the depots. We took cabs twice. Once to ESPN zone to pick up our race packets and once to the Magic Kingdom because the line was incredibly long and there were at least 3 scooters in the line. Waiting to return from the parks was never more then about 15 minutes.

It was a nice trip and although my next trip has me staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge (my husband has never stayed there) my daughter and I will be back "home" next April to race again.

Do all the Royal Rooms have hard floors? Ive seen some room tour videos posted about a year ago with hard floors but then some recently posted with carpeting. Just wondering which is it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter