Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everybody! With the recent Disney+ promo going on, we'll be heading back to POR in November and staying in a preferred room for the first time! We did standard view in 2021 and ended up in Magnolia Bend Bldg 85, which ended up being very close to a bus stop and the bridge over to the lobby.

My mom and I will have a preferred room with 2 beds this time and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of building and/or room locations that you loved. I looked at the Touring Plans map and it seems there are just a few buildings with preferred rooms with 2 beds so I thought I'd ask around for favorite locations.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everybody! With the recent Disney+ promo going on, we'll be heading back to POR in November and staying in a preferred room for the first time! We did standard view in 2021 and ended up in Magnolia Bend Bldg 85, which ended up being very close to a bus stop and the bridge over to the lobby.

My mom and I will have a preferred room with 2 beds this time and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of building and/or room locations that you loved. I looked at the Touring Plans map and it seems there are just a few buildings with preferred rooms with 2 beds so I thought I'd ask around for favorite locations.

Thanks in advance!
There are four buildings that have preferred rooms. All of the preferred rooms are in Alligator Bayou. Building 14 is close to the food court in the main building. :)

Does anyone know if the royal rooms have the new tvs in them?
Not sure what you mean by "new tvs." Flat screens? Yes, they've had them for years.

Or are you looking for something more specific, technical?

Not sure what you mean by "new tvs." Flat screens? Yes, they've had them for years.

Or are you looking for something more specific, technical?
Sorry, I should have specified. I mean t the new interactive tvs that are in the rest of the resort and French quarter. The ones where you can cast from your phones

Sorry, I should have specified. I mean t the new interactive tvs that are in the rest of the resort and French quarter. The ones where you can cast from your phones
And where you don't get the resort tv channel ;(. I believe I read they do have them.

We usually swim at the quiet pools. Does anyone have a preference or are they all basically the same?

The three pools in the Alligator Bayou area are all pretty similar as a curved design, as are the two Magnolia Bends pools which are both squarer.

Andre

We usually swim at the quiet pools. Does anyone have a preference or are they all basically the same?
I've been to three of them and the best one is the pool that is closest to your room. :) But if you want to swim laps then you may want one of the rectangular pools in the mansions section, rather than the curved pools in AB.

I was hoping to find out if kids life jackets are also available at the quiet pools. I'm just trying to figure out if we need to pack ours.

No standard view or standard view 5th sleeper rooms available the week of 01/21, wonder why? Maybe the bounce back offers filled them? Tour groups?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter