Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be staying at copper creek are there faster ways to get to the pool than going thru the main lobby. I know other resorts have side entrances so u do not have to walk as far just curious thanks
Assuming that the South wing works similar to how it used to, you should be able to take the mid-wing elevator down to the first floor, which is the pool level. It had doors that went right out to the courtyard / pool area. The lobby is actually on the second level, above and West of the pool area.

Will you be staying on points or cash? If points you'll need to book CC asap, everything is booking up as soon as the booking window opens. BRV has more openings as everyone is trying to book CCV!
We are staying on points and our booking date isn't until June, so fingers crossed we can get in. I will be online when the window opens. As of now when I check via the DVC page there are openings.

Here are some pictures of the area between the marina and the villas pool. The marina building is all spruced up and looks like it will reopen soon. They have put in a pool table and a couple other things at Geyser Point. I believe it is part of the DVC community hall.

IMG_3367_zpsvvk170ws.jpg

IMG_3368_zpsdtammydz.jpg

IMG_3369_zps5zfg4iz5.jpg

IMG_3370_zps6zo0ikoy.jpg

IMG_3371_zps5dl7qgvv.jpg

IMG_3366_zpsvvrvs2by.jpg

IMG_3372_zpskiknuqlv.jpg

IMG_3373_zpseb9lrouc.jpg

Thanks so much for the update and posting all the great pictures!

Just wanted to ask - are the building a community hall? (I thought I had read that in the thread)

Does geyser point have things that normal quick service restaurants usually have, like fruit, cereal, Yogurts etc? Or is it just a restaurant?

Does geyser point have things that normal quick service restaurants usually have, like fruit, cereal, Yogurts etc? Or is it just a restaurant?

No, Geyser Point is more of a hybrid CS/TS. However, they have a good fruit plate with yogurt, but it's expensive ($8.99) for what you get.

You are probably looking for more of a resort food court? That would be Roaring Forks, and I'm not sure when they reopen.

Does anyone have current information about the Cubs Den? Will it open in July with the rest of the construction?

We just booked for next year! We too are looking for room location suggestions! We booked standard view. Is it possible that we will be placed in a room that overlooks the lobby? My second question is, if we do get one of those rooms, would we get a balcony? My final question, I read that all standard view rooms are not connecting/adjoining. Is that true? We don't need one but just don't want one. It's our first time staying there so we have so many questions. Thanks!

Last edited:
We just booked for next year! We too are looking for room location suggestions! We booked standard view. Is it possible that we will be placed in a room that overlooks the lobby? My second question is, if we do get one of those rooms, would we get a balcony? My final question, I read that all standard view rooms are not connecting/adjoining. Is that true? We don't need one but just don't want one. It's our first time staying there so we have so many questions. Thanks!
Welcome and congratulations on booking. We love standard view at WL.
The first answer to your questions is that it depends on if the bookable categories change between now and your stay. As it currently is, booking standard view will get you a room on the North side of the North wing, which includes rooms that formerly were standard or woods view. Some of these rooms are located above Whispering Canyon and do open up to the lobby. The balcony view from these isn't as great as from further down the hallway in the original standard view section, which is in the middle section of the wing and has less trees obstructing the view of MK. All rooms at WL have balconies or patios, depending on if they are on the first floor. There are also connecting rooms in all sections of the resort, although in the original standard view section they tend to be on lower floors.
If the bookable categories change before your trip it is possible that woods view will return, or even that a theme park view category would be added. Time will tell though, and with the currently available options there are lots of great locations available with a standard view reservation.
We like to request high floors for better views and less noise, but there isn't a bad room at WL in our opinion. Happy planning and enjoy your trip.

Welcome and congratulations on booking. We love standard view at WL.
The first answer to your questions is that it depends on if the bookable categories change between now and your stay. As it currently is, booking standard view will get you a room on the North side of the North wing, which includes rooms that formerly were standard or woods view. Some of these rooms are located above Whispering Canyon and do open up to the lobby. The balcony view from these isn't as great as from further down the hallway in the original standard view section, which is in the middle section of the wing and has less trees obstructing the view of MK. All rooms at WL have balconies or patios, depending on if they are on the first floor. There are also connecting rooms in all sections of the resort, although in the original standard view section they tend to be on lower floors.
If the bookable categories change before your trip it is possible that woods view will return, or even that a theme park view category would be added. Time will tell though, and with the currently available options there are lots of great locations available with a standard view reservation.
We like to request high floors for better views and less noise, but there isn't a bad room at WL in our opinion. Happy planning and enjoy your trip.

So much information! Thank you!!!
We are enjoying our planning so far!!
I guess maybe I'm confused because when I called I was quoted rates for standard, courtyard, and woods. So I'm guessing woods will return by next Feb when we go? Anyone else quoted woods for next year?

So much information! Thank you!!!
We are enjoying our planning so far!!
I guess maybe I'm confused because when I called I was quoted rates for standard, courtyard, and woods. So I'm guessing woods will return by next Feb when we go? Anyone else quoted woods for next year?
Ahh, very interesting. Since they are the same categories as before, we can probably assume that they are the same locations. Standard view is then in the middle of the wing, so while none of those rooms open to the lobby they do have the best views of the Magic Kingdom. There are three floors of rooms to choose from in standard view (4th-6th) and we do prefer to be on a higher floor to be further above the loading dock that is below those rooms. There used to be standard view rooms that opened to the lobby on the 4th floor on the South side, but all indications are that they have been converted to DVC villas.
If Woods is back for 2018 it might be time to update the map again. I will start on that.

Ahh, very interesting. Since they are the same categories as before, we can probably assume that they are the same locations. Standard view is then in the middle of the wing, so while none of those rooms open to the lobby they do have the best views of the Magic Kingdom. There are three floors of rooms to choose from in standard view (4th-6th) and we do prefer to be on a higher floor to be further above the loading dock that is below those rooms. There used to be standard view rooms that opened to the lobby on the 4th floor on the South side, but all indications are that they have been converted to DVC villas.
If Woods is back for 2018 it might be time to update the map again. I will start on that.

So follow up question- we requested to be on a lower floor (2nd or 3rd). I know it's a request but what if they put us on a 2nd or 3rd floor. What type of room would that be? If standard is 4-6, then would we be upgraded?

So follow up question- we requested to be on a lower floor (2nd or 3rd). I know it's a request but what if they put us on a 2nd or 3rd floor. What type of room would that be? If standard is 4-6, then would we be upgraded?

While you may get pixie dusted and upgraded, the reality is if you make a request that is not possible (you are room category X and request a location where there are no category X rooms) then the request is generally ignored. The room assigner might try for something "close" (eg floor 4), but may not. Certainly dont count on an upgrade; the room category you are paying for takes precedence over a request for something that is outside that room category, unless you get lucky.

SW

If you do get a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd for room it will be in the East end of the wing, since the rooms in the middle of the wing start on the 4th floor. That East end of the wing is what was/is considered woods view, so if you wound up with that it would technically be a slight upgrade, but that similar upgrade is quite common as there was no way to book Woods view during the construction, and yet those rooms remained in use.

As @Starwind said, you can't count on an upgrade. If you really want 1st or second floor, it might be worth paying the extra for Woods view since it is available to you. If you are willing to take what you get, you can save some a bit and perhaps you will find you like the location you get more than you would have thought.

If you do get a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd for room it will be in the East end of the wing, since the rooms in the middle of the wing start on the 4th floor. That East end of the wing is what was/is considered woods view, so if you wound up with that it would technically be a slight upgrade, but that similar upgrade is quite common as there was no way to book Woods view during the construction, and yet those rooms remained in use.

As @Starwind said, you can't count on an upgrade. If you really want 1st or second floor, it might be worth paying the extra for Woods view since it is available to you. If you are willing to take what you get, you can save some a bit and perhaps you will find you like the location you get more than you would have thought.

Oh we aren't counting on one! It would be nice but we're happy wherever they put us.

What time should my party of 3 arrive at Geyser Point for a good table to watch the EWP?

We've just returned from Wilderness Lodge and watched the EWP a number of times. We just sat in the area outside of Geyser Point but everytime there were tables available at 9pm.

The EWP went past at 9.30pm and went right past Geyser Point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter