Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! I never noticed anything until after 6. Not sure if I just slept through it or what. We were up by 6:30 every day because we have a toddler (who by the end of the second day could hardly contain his excitement).
The view of MK was pretty amazing but we ended up moving across the hall. So nice and quiet in the morning ... I really do prefer the courtyard view for that reason.

8D6BBCC3-2279-4572-A1D9-43473ED8C7E7_zpsephcdnnd.jpg

A construction worker told my partner he was the first person to swim in the new pool when we were there two weeks ago. He went for a run in the early morning, got disoriented, thought he was at the main lodge pool, and decided to go for a dip! lol

Luckily all the chemicals had been balanced according to the worker--he didn't even get kicked out!

Here's an updated bookable views map, based on reports that Woods View is back for phone reservations and those outside of the US. Keep in mind that for the remainder of 2017 the lack of "Woods View" as a category does not mean that those rooms are not in use, as they may be used for Standard View reservations.

WL_Bookable_Views_CCV_20170530.jpg

So I assume the "mystery building" is the new spa, "Salon by the Springs" mentioned in my latest issue of Disney Files. Interesting.

Also confirms Roaring Forks re-opening scheduled for mid-July. Also says this for the new pool, but perhaps that will open earlier.

So I assume the "mystery building" is the new spa, "Salon by the Springs" mentioned in my latest issue of Disney Files. Interesting.

Also confirms Roaring Forks re-opening scheduled for mid-July. Also says this for the new pool, but perhaps that will open earlier.

What mystery building??

Got a construction letter today for my 6/28 arrival. Said no Roaring Forks and no new pool still. Was hoping one or both would be open by then...

I had heard that the old Trout Pass bar was going to be the new spa but the mystery building seems like a better place.

What mystery building??
There is a building to the right of the new villas pool that we don't know what it will be used for. But someone will tell us someday. ;)

i had two quick questions:

1) Were all of the boulder ridge villas refurbed? if so was that in 2014?
2) Is the permanent conci lounge open yet or is it still in a temp location?

i had two quick questions:

1) Were all of the boulder ridge villas refurbed? if so was that in 2014?
2) Is the permanent conci lounge open yet or is it still in a temp location?

The club level lounge is open and in it's "permanent" location where two of the honeymoon suites used to be. The food service area of the lounge feels a bit smaller and more cramped than the older Old Faithful club. The seating are is much larger.

Here's an updated bookable views map, based on reports that Woods View is back for phone reservations and those outside of the US. Keep in mind that for the remainder of 2017 the lack of "Woods View" as a category does not mean that those rooms are not in use, as they may be used for Standard View reservations.

Thanks for the map! Is there any way of knowing which of the "courtyard view" rooms have bunkbeds?

Thanks for the map! Is there any way of knowing which of the "courtyard view" rooms have bunkbeds?

Touringplans.com has a room finder which indicates locations of bunk bed rooms. They are distributed throughout the different floors and locations for courtyard view rooms. Take a look at it at here and choose which floor you want to see on the upper right.

In general though you may not want to request a specific room number because it can be quite difficult with scheduling to have that room be available when you arrive. Often it is better to request a general area or the attributes of the room that make it appealing, so that the room assignor has more options available to meet your requests.

Right before you! From 9/22-9/30. Wouldn't it be funny if you ended up with our room...

I'll add your dates to our log @Stephanie Schroeder.

The construction fence is still up so I have to take a picture through the fencing. This will be the entrance to the pool that is closest to Geyser Point.

IMG_3363_zpstgchnmnv.jpg

They have added more landscaping on the outside of the rock wall.

IMG_3389_zpspnogdjb5.jpg

And this is the entrance to the cabins that are close to the villas pool. The landscaping looked very nice.

IMG_3365_zpssml0uupr.jpg

Thank you @Wood Nymph (and everyone else) for posting your photos:)

Hi! I will be staying here for the first time exactly a year from now! I checked out the resort/Geyser Point last month and can't wait to actually stay there! Looking forward to learning a lot on this thread!

Welcome and congratulations, @cindianne320.

DD and family added an extra day to their current trip and "HAD" :rotfl: to spend that first extra night at Boulder Ridge Villas. They arrived at 1 AM, exhausted, and woke up to this beautiful view :goodvibes:

18620010_1710314165649434_5444839912936382747_n.jpg

18622210_1710314102316107_978500934991166359_n.jpg

18697971_1710314065649444_2954766986450407204_n.jpg
:tink:

Thank you for posting your view photos, @goopysolelady :)

Thanks for posting those pictures. The third picture shows the "mystery" building. I could never see this building from the outside and I've been wondering what it was for. The CM's that I asked didn't know what it was since the building hadn't been "named" yet. I thought that was an odd answer.

IMG_3425_zpsj8tbbmzo.jpg

We celebrated our 42nd anniversary at Artist Point this past Tuesday night. I did my usual spy work and the construction fence was unlocked near this entry to the pool, so I took a picture. This is the pool entrance closest to Geyser Point.

IMG_3423_zps2rdow4qw.jpg

This is another picture taken through the fence. The south wing looks like it is finished on the outside. The landscaping is in place now and it doesn't look like it ready to open.

IMG_3422_zpsm4lkhcnh.jpg

It was evening and there wasn't anyone around, so I took lots of pictures of the interiors of the villas.

IMG_3421_zps3kakfwro.jpg

This is a master bedroom. You can tell by the picture on the wall. This is one of the former deluxe rooms. i couldn't figure out, though, if it was a three bedroom villa or a regular villa room.

IMG_3420_zpsomjiuppq.jpg

IMG_3419_zpslii7cmvk.jpg

There are mostly studios on the ground floor, courtyard view. You can see that they have platform beds with enough room under the bed to store things.

IMG_3418_zpswovkbgbc.jpg

IMG_3417_zpsqwi5vlt9.jpg

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Artist Point last Tuesday. We wore our anniversary buttons and the dinner was very enjoyable. Our food was good, too. The waitress took our picture and it turned out pretty good, so I thought I would post it. :)

a67df943-9b4b-413c-8e9d-7b1ae4a99ca7_zpslor6trhm.jpg

Just love your spy photos and cute anniversary photo, @Wood Nymph! Thank you for always providing great content!

We just arrived and it's pretty much status quo. They did however take the scrims down in the lobby (main elevators are still walled off)
14BA05F9-681A-42AB-AEB2-46FA39D7D925_zpshslw9f3p.jpg

A9116673-128D-43C6-B766-9DEBCF317608_zpsxytax047.jpg

This is the "standard view" from our CL room ... the view of the fireworks is pretty amazing.

I hope you're having a great visit and thank you, @elaw for posting your photos:)

WL_Bookable_Views_CCV_20170530.jpg

Perfect and thank you! I will replace your older version with this swell updated version in the ROOM chapter of the thread, @GrandCalifornian :thumbsup2

Touringplans.com has a room finder which indicates locations of bunk bed rooms. They are distributed throughout the different floors and locations for courtyard view rooms. Take a look at it at here and choose which floor you want to see on the upper right.

In general though you may not want to request a specific room number because it can be quite difficult with scheduling to have that room be available when you arrive. Often it is better to request a general area or the attributes of the room that make it appealing, so that the room assignor has more options available to meet your requests.

Problem is, a lot of the TP info is wrong. I'm not sure I'd trust bunk bed info to be correct.

I need help again! I think I need a "Wilderness Lodge for Dummies" book .

I'm trying to figure out what floor I should request to see MK. If not MK, the the fireworks. I know everyone has said different things but the thing that confuses me the most is the Disney rep I've been working with.

When I first booked, I told her standard room at the bottom, like floor two and she said that's fine. Then I wrote here and saw standard rooms are 4-6. Then today I spoke with her and she said "since you want MK, maybe we can try to get you a different view at a discounted price. But I want to mention your first request was 2nd floor." If she's a rep at Disney, shouldn't she know or have an idea what floors have what room types? I guess my confusion is shouldnt she have said "well standard rooms aren't on the second floor, only [these] rooms are."

Maybe I'm over thinking this and I'm just confused. We've only stayed at moderate resorts and had first floor with no views. Should I just wait until we get there and see what happens? Help!!

I had heard that the old Trout Pass bar was going to be the new spa but the mystery building seems like a better place.

There is a building to the right of the new villas pool that we don't know what it will be used for. But someone will tell us someday. ;)

First, we need to get "right" :). Depends on if one is looking from GP, or Bolder Ridge:).

From Bolder Ridge - the building to the right houses the pool equipment. We saw the tanks go in during construction :). It MAY have a secondary purpose as a shower area.

Building to the LEFT appears to be restrooms.

I need help again! I think I need a "Wilderness Lodge for Dummies" book .

I'm trying to figure out what floor I should request to see MK. If not MK, the the fireworks. I know everyone has said different things but the thing that confuses me the most is the Disney rep I've been working with.

When I first booked, I told her standard room at the bottom, like floor two and she said that's fine. Then I wrote here and saw standard rooms are 4-6. Then today I spoke with her and she said "since you want MK, maybe we can try to get you a different view at a discounted price. But I want to mention your first request was 2nd floor." If she's a rep at Disney, shouldn't she know or have an idea what floors have what room types? I guess my confusion is shouldnt she have said "well standard rooms aren't on the second floor, only [these] rooms are."

Maybe I'm over thinking this and I'm just confused. We've only stayed at moderate resorts and had first floor with no views. Should I just wait until we get there and see what happens? Help!!

If I wanted to see the MK, I wouldn't book Wilderness. You can barely see the MK from BLT.

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
First, we need to get "right" :). Depends on if one is looking from GP, or Bolder Ridge:).

From Bolder Ridge - the building to the right houses the pool equipment. We saw the tanks go in during construction :). It MAY have a secondary purpose as a shower area.

Building to the LEFT appears to be restrooms.
I meant right as you are looking out the window in Boulder Ridge. I used the window by the elevator and it doesn't have much of a view past the edge of the building.

Thanks for solving the mystery. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter