• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Boulder Ridge Villas listed? They are the former VWL, and would still have you at WL in a studio.
Thats a good idea. :)

Disney has just released their Military discounts for 2018!

The discounts are available for most dates January 1 through March 24, 2018, and April 6 through December 19, 2018.

In order to book this offer, you must be active or retired U.S. military personnel (including active or retired members of the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)). Spouses of military service members and PHS and NOAA Commissioned Corps members also qualify as long as they are able to present valid and active U.S. military IDs in the absence of active military personnel or Commissioned Corps members.

The offer does exclude the following room types: suites in Moderate and Deluxe resorts, 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

This offer must be booked by December 19, 2018.

We will be staying in a standard view Deluxe Studio Villa at Boulder Ridge. Will be our first time there. Any advice on room requests or all about the same?

We will be staying in a standard view Deluxe Studio Villa at Boulder Ridge. Will be our first time there. Any advice on room requests or all about the same?
They never had much of a view before the renovations. So you might get a lake/pool view or a woods view. All views are standard there, no preferred. But there is one studio without a balcony and a few studios near the dumpster that tend to be noisy.

I am confused about the changes that have taken place at the Lodge. When I look at a map of Wilderness Lodge now I see that half the lodge was turned into "Copper Creek Villas."
This means there are a lot less regular rooms to stay in now right? Why did they do this? Why did they give it a different name than the Boulder Ridge Villas?

I am confused about the changes that have taken place at the Lodge. When I look at a map of Wilderness Lodge now I see that half the lodge was turned into "Copper Creek Villas."
This means there are a lot less regular rooms to stay in now right?

Yes.

Why did they do this?

$$$$

Why did they give it a different name than the Boulder Ridge Villas?

I believe they had to as they are 2 separate properties. Time shares have specific rules and regulations. But I could be wrong.

I believe they had to as they are 2 separate properties. Time shares have specific rules and regulations. But I could be wrong.

You're correct, they are considered separate and different properties, with separate pools of points.

Cooper Creek Villas has a much longer operating time than Boulder Ridge Villas (the old Villas at Wilderness Lodge). BRV expire on Jan 1, 2042. CCV has about 50 years. Since they were built so far apart in time, they could not be combined into one resort. Kidani Village and Jambo House were built about the same time, so they are one combined resort, AKV.

Can anyone tell me if any of the woods views were converted to standard for 2017? I read the chapter link to bookable views and it stated at the time it was updated that 2017 booking categories were not available and some woods may be converted to standard in 2017. I have a standard room booked, but want to know if there are new standards not listed on touring plans room finder, as all the existing standards seem to overlook the smokehouse. We only booked standard because there was an amazing travel agent deal for WL for Dates in April in standard room only. We have never booked standard views at at WDW hotels before. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if any of the woods views were converted to standard for 2017? I read the chapter link to bookable views and it stated at the time it was updated that 2017 booking categories were not available and some woods may be converted to standard in 2017. I have a standard room booked, but want to know if there are new standards not listed on touring plans room finder, as all the existing standards seem to overlook the smokehouse. We only booked standard because there was an amazing travel agent deal for WL for Dates in April in standard room only. We have never booked standard views at at WDW hotels before. Thanks!

As far as I know, "woods view" was completely taken away and those rooms are all standard view rooms...at least for now.

Just as an FYI, the upper floor standard view rooms overlooking the smokehouse have a nice view of Cinderella Castle/fireworks.

As far as I know, "woods view" was completely taken away and those rooms are all standard view rooms...at least for now.

Just as an FYI, the upper floor standard view rooms overlooking the smokehouse have a nice view of Cinderella Castle/fireworks.

Thanks for letting me know!

Not sure how much I have updated but I think I may have posted that our resale DVC contract for BRV closed about 2 weeks ago. We were able to get our membership number and access our points this past Thursday.

We are now officially booked for June 3-June 7, 2018 at BRV.

It will be a mostly resort only only trip to really check out the Lodge. We did stay there this past June but it was a full 7 day park trip so we did not get to explore as much as we wanted to. We do plan to do one day at MK because, well, why not...but the rest of the time will be spending time at the resort, Disney Springs, checking out Top of the World Lounge duing HEA, Hoop Dee Doo, and Sanaa (my DH's fave and his personal request).

Defied all odds and was able to get in to WL after 60 days of constant searching! :banana:
Awesome

Been trying to add extra day to reservation in VWL for past 2 mos

Finally settled on room at CBR for extra night

Still hoping something will open up so we won't have to move but it's only for one night and driving out in the morning anyways

When I stayed there this March, some cast members said there is a plan to put tall trees in the way to block the view of the Magic Kingdom, to give more sense of being in the Wilderness. I think the majority of guests would prefer the MK view over the woods view. Anyway do you know if and when they still plan to put up the trees to block the MK view?

When I stayed there this March, some cast members said there is a plan to put tall trees in the way to block the view of the Magic Kingdom, to give more sense of being in the Wilderness. I think the majority of guests would prefer the MK view over the woods view. Anyway do you know if and when they still plan to put up the trees to block the MK view?
I was there in March, too, and was told that there were plans to plant some tall trees. They had the trees in an area by Animal Kingdom. He didn't say where the trees would be planted.

Please remove me from the Log... Not any Military Discount for WL but I did get Beach Club... Will try for Christmas On our next visit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter