Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question... we recently came back from a stay at WL in a Nature View room on the 5th floor and were put off by loud banging that came out of pipes when using hot water in the shower. The water pressure would also disappear to a mere trickle for a minute sometimes in the middle of a shower. Its been a number of years since I last stayed here but I do not remember this happening before. Is this normal now for WL? We booked a bounce back offer at French Quarter for next year, instead of coming back to WL, because of this experience. I hope this was just an anomaly, because I do love this resort. Anyone else been experiencing this with the showers?

Air in the pipes maybe.

did you talk to someone there at the time? Might have just needed a plumber.

We stayed at WL 12/24-12/26 and being there over Christmas was just beyond. The lobby was busy and festive the whole time which was fun for the most part. We considered adding CL access but decided to do the DxDP instead. Pools were quiet, dining and front desk service was excellent. There were s’mores and Christmas movies and hot chocolate at night. On Christmas night we enjoyed just walking around the resort, watching the electrical water pageant, listening to the Christmas music then watching the fireworks from our room while drinking a jolly old fashioned from Territory Lounge. Seeing the castle all lit up from our room was heavenly. I totally get theme park view now. Will be hard to not stay there very Christmas :)

We stayed at WL 12/24-12/26 and being there over Christmas was just beyond. The lobby was busy and festive the whole time which was fun for the most part. We considered adding CL access but decided to do the DxDP instead. Pools were quiet, dining and front desk service was excellent. There were s’mores and Christmas movies and hot chocolate at night. On Christmas night we enjoyed just walking around the resort, watching the electrical water pageant, listening to the Christmas music then watching the fireworks from our room while drinking a jolly old fashioned from Territory Lounge. Seeing the castle all lit up from our room was heavenly. I totally get theme park view now. Will be hard to not stay there very Christmas :)

Sounds wonderful! We stayed at the WL during the holiday season many years ago. It was truly magical. Once our boys are in college and get a longer break, we hope to travel to Disney during the holiday season and stay at the WL again.

Can anyone tell me what the main difference is between booking (on Disney’s website) a room in the WL vs a studio in copper creek villas at WL.

We are currently booked for July in a standard room. Our dates coincide with the free dining plan. We already had a standard room booked with 7 day park hoppers and the DDP for those dates. If I change my reservation to copper creek villas I’ll save approximately $500. Worth it? It’s just myself, my husband and our 4 year old daughter going.

Thanks for any insight

Can anyone tell me what the main difference is between booking (on Disney’s website) a room in the WL vs a studio in copper creek villas at WL.

We are currently booked for July in a standard room. Our dates coincide with the free dining plan. We already had a standard room booked with 7 day park hoppers and the DDP for those dates. If I change my reservation to copper creek villas I’ll save approximately $500. Worth it? It’s just myself, my husband and our 4 year old daughter going.

Thanks for any insight
So the Copper Creek Villas are in the main lodge just as the standard rooms of the WL (just the wing closer to FW). Technically speaking Copper Creek Villas and Wilderness Lodge are different resorts (the former is a DVC resort) but practically speaking everything is the same for the cash guests just that the room setup is different. The Copper Creek rooms are newer (mid-2017) with a Queen Bed, Queen Sofa Bed, and Kitchenette vs the standard WL room without a Kitchenette and has two queen beds.

Also depending on the view category you booked on the Lodge side Copper Creek could be a better view. Almost all studios are a pool view (main pool or quiet pool), I have yet to hear a complaint on that. The one big disadvantage is if you are booking a "Deluxe Studio" vs a "Deluxe Studio with Walk In Shower" the "Deluxe Studio" has a very high chance of being a first floor room; whereas, the "Deluxe Studio with Walk In Shower" will most likely be higher floors.

For a savings of $500 I would choose the studio because it's only 3 guests with your daughter being younger (so the sofa bed is likely to be comfortable for her), the newer rooms, and a nice view almost guaranteed. Though if you have a "Deluxe Studio" you may want to consider if a 1st floor room bothers you.

So the Copper Creek Villas are in the main lodge just as the standard rooms of the WL (just the wing closer to FW). Technically speaking Copper Creek Villas and Wilderness Lodge are different resorts (the former is a DVC resort) but practically speaking everything is the same for the cash guests just that the room setup is different. The Copper Creek rooms are newer (mid-2017) with a Queen Bed, Queen Sofa Bed, and Kitchenette vs the standard WL room without a Kitchenette and has two queen beds.

Also depending on the view category you booked on the Lodge side Copper Creek could be a better view. Almost all studios are a pool view (main pool or quiet pool), I have yet to hear a complaint on that. The one big disadvantage is if you are booking a "Deluxe Studio" vs a "Deluxe Studio with Walk In Shower" the "Deluxe Studio" has a very high chance of being a first floor room; whereas, the "Deluxe Studio with Walk In Shower" will most likely be higher floors.

For a savings of $500 I would choose the studio because it's only 3 guests with your daughter being younger (so the sofa bed is likely to be comfortable for her), the newer rooms, and a nice view almost guaranteed. Though if you have a "Deluxe Studio" you may want to consider if a 1st floor room bothers you.
It was the one with a walk in shower. Hmm so maybe I will change for $500. Thank you so much for your detailed response. My husband is really all about the WL and doesn’t want to change resorts

It was the one with a walk in shower. Hmm so maybe I will change for $500. Thank you so much for your detailed response. My husband is really all about the WL and doesn’t want to change resorts
With the Walk In shower just be aware there is no tub at all, if that matters for you with your daughter. But you will almost be guaranteed to be on Floors 2 or higher. The rooms are very very nice on the Copper Creek side of the building (no carpet, new fixtures, etc). No room in the main building is really far from anything (Copper Creek closer to Geyser Point but WL rooms closer to Roaring Forks, but Copper Creek Rooms are closer to both pools but further from the boat so really location wise all are great).

With the Walk In shower just be aware there is no tub at all, if that matters for you with your daughter. But you will almost be guaranteed to be on Floors 2 or higher. The rooms are very very nice on the Copper Creek side of the building (no carpet, new fixtures, etc). No room in the main building is really far from anything (Copper Creek closer to Geyser Point but WL rooms closer to Roaring Forks, but Copper Creek Rooms are closer to both pools but further from the boat so really location wise all are great).
She usually takes baths but we are going through a bathroom renovation and our other bathroom only has a shower, so she’s somewhat gotten used to it. I don’t like the first floor most of the time for hotels, so glad this is more than likely a higher floor

Hi all! Super pumped for our upcoming stay at WL.

How early can one get coffee? I seem to remember Roaring Fork being the only option?

We requested a quiet room 10 days prior to arrival and we are on the third floor directly above Whispering Canyon. UGH!! They cant move us because the entire resort is booked until tomorrow. Does the lobby quiet down at night? Right now (4pm) it sounds like a circus.

When they move us tomorrow, will this impact our fastpasses in any way? She said it counts as a resort checkout and to be at the lobby guest services counter by 10 with our bags.

Also, construction starts tomorrow on the 7th floor, we were told.

I do find it interesting that we check in to the lodge side on the 18th of January and haven’t gotten any notification regarding construction

I do find it interesting that we check in to the lodge side on the 18th of January and haven’t gotten any notification regarding construction

We check in on Wednesday; no notification here either. The last time they were doing construction there was information about it in the room, but I don't think we got anything in advance.

I'm assuming that since no one even got notice of the start of the renovations, getting an answer to my question is unlikely, but... Does anyone know when it will all be done?
I want to book a reservation for a very busy week later in the year, so I need to do it soon. Wilderness Lodge, preferably club level, is our first choice but only if we're certain to get fresh rooms.

I'm starting to wonder if I was misinformed from a Cast Member about the renovations on the 7th floor.. she sounded very confident when she told me. Seems odd that nobody was notified.

I'm starting to wonder if I was misinformed from a Cast Member about the renovations on the 7th floor.. she sounded very confident when she told me. Seems odd that nobody was notified.
There's usually a notice on the reservations page as well. Nothing is there currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter