Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you have gotten lots of responses to this so I will throw mine in too! We love having our rental car since we do make several off Disney property trips. Since we are Hertz gold we don't have any waiting in lines to get the car and although all the returns for Hertz have one drop off we have never spent more than five minutes returning the car...pretty easy! If our rooms are not ready the bell staff is more than happy to securely store your luggage so no problems . (We always lock our bags even when they are checked on the plane)

We are not magical express fans....the very few times we tried it seemed we were always waiting at least 45 minutes at the airport for the buss to fill with other passengers and the bus wasn't for just the hotel we were staying (shared with at least one other). And when it is time to go back to the airport....they will pick a time for you that can be really early meaning you could arrive at the airport far too early.

I agree! Not a fan although I appreciate Disney offering it but even though it is free, if there is any way to avoid using it, I'll try to find a way even if it costs extra. Always been too long a wait to get picked up and if your resort isn't the first drop-off...:sad2:. I also like to be able to just hop in the car from a park or another resort and not have to go back to the resort I'm staying at to be picked up. :crazy2: Love having that car to get to other resorts for dinner, etc. The one recent trip we relied on WDW bus transportation was just not good. Late and packed buses you can keep. Spent way too much time waiting for buses. I know what it's like to commute on crowded buses and trains in daily life so if I can avoid it, I will. If I have no choice, that's fine, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Are they true hot tubs that will be nice and hot with a bubbles? How often will maintenance check the chem levels? I don't expect them to be emptied after each stay.

They're both good sized and one bubbles fairly well, the other one doesn't seem to work great. They do check the levels throughout the day. In fact we went to use one and it was closed because the levels were off. I didn't feel comfortable hopping into the other one as a family had kinda taken it over and I didn't want to mingle with people who were clearly all together.

I agree! Not a fan although I appreciate Disney offering it but even though it is free, if there is any way to avoid using it, I'll try to find a way even if it costs extra. Always been too long a wait to get picked up and if your resort isn't the first drop-off...:sad2:. I also like to be able to just hop in the car from a park or another resort and not have to go back to the resort I'm staying at to be picked up. :crazy2: Love having that car to get to other resorts for dinner, etc. The one recent trip we relied on WDW bus transportation was just not good. Late and packed buses you can keep. Spent way too much time waiting for buses. I know what it's like to commute on crowded buses and trains in daily life so if I can avoid it, I will. If I have no choice, that's fine, but hopefully it won't come to that.

I have to agree with both of you and us renting a car is now one of the reasons why I am trying Wilderness Lodge for the first time. We plan on using the car for all the parks with the exception of the MK which will we boat, bus or cab over to the contemporary and walk to the MK. Parking at that resort for resort guests should be a non issue the only people who would be parking there are resorts guests and those who want to eat there maybe check out geyser point, not those who are parking there to get to a park.... We stayed at the Grand a couple of times and quite frankly while the resort is beautiful the monorail was a monster PITA, breaking down some mornings not even running and then all that was available was the small boat that literally fits what seems like only 8 people. So our game plan this October is Copper Creek with a Rental Car.

They're both good sized and one bubbles fairly well, the other one doesn't seem to work great. They do check the levels throughout the day. In fact we went to use one and it was closed because the levels were off. I didn't feel comfortable hopping into the other one as a family had kinda taken it over and I didn't want to mingle with people who were clearly all together.

I was referring to the hot tubs in the cabins.

Does anyone have current information on whether the Cub's Den is opening in July with the other resort amenities?

Are they true hot tubs that will be nice and hot with a bubbles? How often will maintenance check the chem levels? I don't expect them to be emptied after each stay.

I was referring to the hot tubs in the cabins.

You can see the hot tubs on the screened in porch of the cabins as you go past in a boat. Since the cabins aren't open yet, I'm not sure how much information is available yet.

How many rooms are there now for the club level? Are they all still on the 7th floor?
If this has been answered, I apologize...I tried several searches.

How many rooms are there now for the club level? Are they all still on the 7th floor?

I'm not sure on exact number, but it's half the 7th floor (other half is DVC now) plus the 2 deluxe rooms on each of the other floors.

Whoohoo -- just moved my reservation from BLT to Boulder Ridge (still getting used to that) since dad will be joining us. We've booked an Accessible 1BR Villa. Since I haven't found a video of one on YouTube, I will try my best to shoot one before the room is trashed. :D

Checking in July 9. Don't the new villas open July 17-ish? What are the chances of the new pool area soft opening before then?

Also, are they still doing construction pins on check-in? I love me some pins.

Whoohoo -- just moved my reservation from BLT to Boulder Ridge (still getting used to that) since dad will be joining us. We've booked an Accessible 1BR Villa. Since I haven't found a video of one on YouTube, I will try my best to shoot one before the room is trashed. :D

Checking in July 9. Don't the new villas open July 17-ish? What are the chances of the new pool area soft opening before then?

Also, are they still doing construction pins on check-in? I love me some pins.

Can't answer your first question, but we received the pins about a month ago when we stayed there (May 7-12).

There are 24 Std CL Rooms in the north wing, 12 Deluxe rooms with Club Level access (2 per floor 1-6) and the Yosemite VP Suite - North inside corner. I have not heard what will happen with what was the Yellowstone Presidential Suite since it is located in the south wing where the DVC rooms are now located.

We should all know something sometime next month.

Dave

Since the wilderness has essentially been destroyed, is this resort getting a new name?

Not that I have heard. The standard hotel rooms are still called the Wilderness Lodge Resort. The former standard hotel rooms that were converted to DVC Villas and the Cabins along Bay Lake are now called Copper Creek Villas. The original DVC building next to Wilderness Lodge is now called Boulder Ridge Villas.

I'll admit, I didn't go through 330 pages of comments but scrolled through ALOT. I have reservation in November. What is the current status of the reno and when it is suppose to be complete?

I'll admit, I didn't go through 330 pages of comments but scrolled through ALOT. I have reservation in November. What is the current status of the reno and when it is suppose to be complete?

It is expected to be mostly complete by end of July 2017 since Copper Creek Villas open in July. They seem to be putting finishing touches on the updated Villas pool and the landscaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter