Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two unrelated questions about our upcoming stay in BRV. :-)

I think I must have been confused when I booked BRV instead of CC, because I intended to book the "nicer" one. Now we are a few weeks out from our trip, and I have seen several comments about BRV being in bad shape/in need of a refurb. I'm kind of picky about hotels and I'm worried we'll be disappointed. This is a nonrefundable DVC rental (never again!) so I suppose there's nothing I can do about it now, but can you please tell me how much should I be preparing myself for disappointment with our room choice? It's a dedicated 2BR. We've stayed at most of the Deluxe hotels and at BWV, in case there is a point for comparison.

Second question- is the full Geyser Point menu available in the lounge/table service area, or only the 4 items on the lounge menu? We love having a relaxing meal in the lounge, but with a shellfish allergy and some picky eaters in the group, that seems like a no-go unless you can order the full menu (alternatively, is it too tacky for some in the group to get takeout from the pool window and eat with us in the lounge?).

We just picked a 1 br BRV but this thread I’m second guessing. We picked it over CCV because prefer old style room configuration. BUT is is run down to the point we will be regretting our decision? Really was excited but worried now. We are not DVC but have stayed in several different DVC 1 br. Any advise? Txs
You posted this while I was typing almost the same question. I'm panicking a bit over the comments I'm seeing about BRV.

I would highly recommend watching some Boulder Ridge room tours on YouTube. You can sort by upload date. I would definitely not watch any Copper Creek tours or “comparison” videos. There’s a recent one bedroom tour from “Pixie Dust Adventures” that shows off the stainless steel appliances, granite (or granite look) counter tops, solid surface floors, new looking bathroom fixtures... Here with the Ears also has good room tours.

To me, the rooms do not look run down. They are just decorated in a rustic/lodge style with country touches, whereas Copper Creek is decorated in a modern style with rustic touches. I would be very happy in a Boulder Ridge one or two bedroom villa that was in the condition I saw in the room tours. I think some people see the dark woods, country style furniture, tile, and so on as “outdated” but it doesn’t look to be in bad condition. It’s been a while since I stayed at BRV myself but we loved our villa and it was in perfectly acceptable condition.

It’s not disney’s new shiny modern streamlined style, but as a previous poster mentioned, I really prefer the kitchen set up in Boulder Ridge or Saratoga as compared to the galleys in the new resorts, like Copper Creek and Riviera.

If you end up assigned a room in very bad condition or with maintenance problems, let them know!!!

The rooms are nice. I would characterize them as “worn” but not run down. We love Boulder Ridge and always choose it over the main lodge. The rooms are in need of a refurb but not anything to raise concern. Maybe find a recent room review online.

Starting at room 6121 you would have the Dormer balcony (roof overhang / solid 1/2 wall vs regular railing) all the way down to room 6135. So you might want to request the 5th floor if you don't want the Dormer balcony.

Also as @sara_s indicated 6111 has a walk-in shower along with 6123 as would 5111 and 5123. These are all a separate booking category from the Deluxe Studio.

Note: These are all Deluxe Studio number rooms on the CCV side of the main lodge.

Dave
Thank you Dave and Sara, I will re-submit for the 5th floor first and add 6111 to our reservation. We are booked in the "walk in shower" category. First time at CCV or the WL after dozens of trips over the years so we are not familiar with the room requests here. I truly appreciate the help!
Mike

This was the first resort we stayed in when I began taking the family to Disney. I'm going back next year because there's so much I missed out on (being a novice at the time).

We just picked a 1 br BRV but this thread I’m second guessing. We picked it over CCV because prefer old style room configuration. BUT is is run down to the point we will be regretting our decision? Really was excited but worried now. We are not DVC but have stayed in several different DVC 1 br. Any advise? Txs
BRV is scheduled for a renovation once SSR is completed. But it's not bad. It's comfortable and just call if you have any problems with the villa. CCV is kind of IKEA like with a narrow galley kitchen. BRV is more western lodge style with a square kitchen where you don't have to move if someone enters the villa from the corridor if you are making dinner.

Two unrelated questions about our upcoming stay in BRV. :-)

I think I must have been confused when I booked BRV instead of CC, because I intended to book the "nicer" one. Now we are a few weeks out from our trip, and I have seen several comments about BRV being in bad shape/in need of a refurb. I'm kind of picky about hotels and I'm worried we'll be disappointed. This is a nonrefundable DVC rental (never again!) so I suppose there's nothing I can do about it now, but can you please tell me how much should I be preparing myself for disappointment with our room choice? It's a dedicated 2BR. We've stayed at most of the Deluxe hotels and at BWV, in case there is a point for comparison.

Second question- is the full Geyser Point menu available in the lounge/table service area, or only the 4 items on the lounge menu? We love having a relaxing meal in the lounge, but with a shellfish allergy and some picky eaters in the group, that seems like a no-go unless you can order the full menu (alternatively, is it too tacky for some in the group to get takeout from the pool window and eat with us in the lounge?).
I LOVE Boulder Ridge! We own at Copper Creek, but BRV has my heart! It feels so tucked away from the Disney hustle and bustle. On my non park day I like to sit by the fireplace with a book and you barely see a soul. It is super close to the buses and if you go out the back door the pool is right in front of you and a short walk to the ferry to Magic Kingdom. To me that would be a happy mistake.

Just booked deluxe studio for 2 adults.
On the color coded map would that be the dark blue? I’m kind of confused. What does dedicated and lock off mean? I’m guessing lock off means it can be connected rooms?

I LOVE Boulder Ridge! We own at Copper Creek, but BRV has my heart! It feels so tucked away from the Disney hustle and bustle. On my non park day I like to sit by the fireplace with a book and you barely see a soul. It is super close to the buses and if you go out the back door the pool is right in front of you and a short walk to the ferry to Magic Kingdom. To me that would be a happy mistake.
Thank you. Your post makes me happy! I booked two nights at BRV yesterday for next weekend. Decided on BRV for the homey atmosphere and old school WL-ness.

Just booked deluxe studio for 2 adults.
On the color coded map would that be the dark blue? I’m kind of confused. What does dedicated and lock off mean? I’m guessing lock off means it can be connected rooms?
As long as you don't mind sharing a queen bed, the BLT studio is pretty nice. Both the kitchenette and bathroom are pretty good sized compared to the living space. As long as you don't open the sleeper sofa, you should have plenty of room.

Wow. This is so depressing. We have not been back to Disneyworld since 2013, and we had always stayed at Wilderness Lodge.

We just booked a back up vacation for this December if our cruise gets cancelled. Which yes, it probably will. We booked at the Grand Destino at Coronado Springs since I saw that no rooms were available at Wilderness Lodge. I had no idea since I have not been reading the DIS boards in 7 years that they gutted all the interior rooms to turn them into high priced Copper Creek Villa rates. I guess the chance now of getting a standard or woods view room after they renovate those rooms is going to be very difficult now since there will be much less of them.

Wow. This is so depressing. We have not been back to Disneyworld since 2013, and we had always stayed at Wilderness Lodge.

We just booked a back up vacation for this December if our cruise gets cancelled. Which yes, it probably will. We booked at the Grand Destino at Coronado Springs since I saw that no rooms were available at Wilderness Lodge. I had no idea since I have not been reading the DIS boards in 7 years that they gutted all the interior rooms to turn them into high priced Copper Creek Villa rates. I guess the chance now of getting a standard or woods view room after they renovate those rooms is going to be very difficult now since there will be much less of them.
They only gutted the rooms in the south wing for Copper Creek studios and villas. The north wing stayed the same. They are currently refurbishing the Wilderness Lodge resort rooms and they look great. But the WL resort side is closed now and they haven't announced a reopening date yet. Disney has closed several of the deluxe resorts besides WL and haven't announced any reopening dates yet. :)

They only gutted the rooms in the south wing for Copper Creek studios and villas. The north wing stayed the same. They are currently refurbishing the Wilderness Lodge resort rooms and they look great. But the WL resort side is closed now and they haven't announced a reopening date yet. Disney has closed several of the deluxe resorts besides WL and haven't announced any reopening dates yet. :)

Thank you. I have been away for awhile since my son grew up and we switched to cruising for vacations. Still, by making the south wing to studios/DVC villas, that does decrease the availability of regular rooms. But those cabins outside look SWEET!!! You would never want to go to the parks if you got one of those cabins. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter