Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading home in 10 days, can anyone tell me if the jogging trail is open from BRV through Fort Wilderness? If not, any suggestions besides a treadmill? TIA.
I think the jogging trail may be gone for good. We were there in March (first time at WL) and the pavement was gone and barriers were up for the trail that starts close to the bus stop (Since this was our first time at WL, I am assuming that is the trail of which you speak). :) We asked a bus driver from FW about the path, and he said it was ok to use (the barriers weren’t permanent and easy to squeeze past). So our last morning my husband and I walked the path. It was ok, but didn’t seem like we should be there. When we got to Frontier Way there were a lot of construction walls for the Reflections construction site (despite the fact that it appears that this hotel will never be built) and we decided to turn back.

Now, for other options. One day my husband and I walked a loop from BRV past bus stop to the eastern edge of the cabins to the western edge of the cabins and back through the parking lot to BRV. It was about 1.5 miles. Not very long (not sure the distance you are looking for) and the parking lot is not exactly scenic, but doable and you could do a couple of loops. The one walk we did that we LOVED was taking the boat to MK and then walking the path past GF and POLY to TTC, and back to MK. Wish it could have been a loop, but oh well. That was a little over 4 miles but can only be done once you can get to MK.

Hope this helps! Happy to answer any other questions. Perhaps the most relevant being “Why were you doing so many walks when the trips to the parks meant walking 8-10 miles per day?” Good question...

Heading home in 10 days, can anyone tell me if the jogging trail is open from BRV through Fort Wilderness? If not, any suggestions besides a treadmill? TIA.

Yeah, as PP noted the path is closed. The below was a 10k I ran a few months ago. I can’t recall how many “laps” around it was, but it was several. If I had a choice I’d rather do out/back runs vs laps like this, as you can see I started going back/forth in the parking lot just to get more miles. 💤

Hope that helps!

855428A0-1213-4ED6-9888-EEFEF5E394FC.jpeg

Quesiton ... in the days of free dining plans (RIP), are those using/renting DVC eligible? My gut tells me no, but maybe I misread something? Secretly hoping these come back one day, but thinking about renting points for our next stay in February and staying in a Deluxe Studio in CC rather than the main hotel.

Even if there's no free DDP, but the DDP returns ... I *CAN* add one to my stay, correct? Momma just loves the convenience of having meals paid for ahead of time. :)

Quesiton ... in the days of free dining plans (RIP), are those using/renting DVC eligible? My gut tells me no, but maybe I misread something? Secretly hoping these come back one day, but thinking about renting points for our next stay in February and staying in a Deluxe Studio in CC rather than the main hotel.

Even if there's no free DDP, but the DDP returns ... I *CAN* add one to my stay, correct? Momma just loves the convenience of having meals paid for ahead of time. :)

As far as I know, free dining never applied to stays booked with DVC points. However, the paid dining plan could be added to stays booked with DVC points (when the dining plan existed).

I think some people take the amount that they would pay for the dining plan, and put it on a Disney gift card prior to the trip. They use the gift card at each restaurant during the trip. That way, the meals are paid for in advance even if there is no official Disney Dining Plan.

As far as I know, free dining never applied to stays booked with DVC points. However, the paid dining plan could be added to stays booked with DVC points (when the dining plan existed).

I think some people take the amount that they would pay for the dining plan, and put it on a Disney gift card prior to the trip. They use the gift card at each restaurant during the trip. That way, the meals are paid for in advance even if there is no official Disney Dining Plan.

This is what we're doing in February! I've never been to Disney without using the dining plan, but I think this will give us more flexibility to try bars/lounges and other things that are not typically included on the dining plan!

Does anyone know where the standard king rooms are? Touring Plans doesn't have them listed. Also, is a nature view worth the money? Last time I stayed at WL in 2019, I got a standard view and it was great. I could see the service area pretty well (not great), but I could see fireworks and the monorail. Just couldn't look down :) I'm fine with that again, but I know they've shuffled some of the room categories recently.

I think the jogging trail may be gone for good. We were there in March (first time at WL) and the pavement was gone and barriers were up for the trail that starts close to the bus stop (Since this was our first time at WL, I am assuming that is the trail of which you speak). :) We asked a bus driver from FW about the path, and he said it was ok to use (the barriers weren’t permanent and easy to squeeze past). So our last morning my husband and I walked the path. It was ok, but didn’t seem like we should be there. When we got to Frontier Way there were a lot of construction walls for the Reflections construction site (despite the fact that it appears that this hotel will never be built) and we decided to turn back.

Now, for other options. One day my husband and I walked a loop from BRV past bus stop to the eastern edge of the cabins to the western edge of the cabins and back through the parking lot to BRV. It was about 1.5 miles. Not very long (not sure the distance you are looking for) and the parking lot is not exactly scenic, but doable and you could do a couple of loops. The one walk we did that we LOVED was taking the boat to MK and then walking the path past GF and POLY to TTC, and back to MK. Wish it could have been a loop, but oh well. That was a little over 4 miles but can only be done once you can get to MK.

Hope this helps! Happy to answer any other questions. Perhaps the most relevant being “Why were you doing so many walks when the trips to the parks meant walking 8-10 miles per day?” Good question...

Yeah, as PP noted the path is closed. The below was a 10k I ran a few months ago. I can’t recall how many “laps” around it was, but it was several. If I had a choice I’d rather do out/back runs vs laps like this, as you can see I started going back/forth in the parking lot just to get more miles. 💤

Hope that helps!

View attachment 568385

Thanks for the help! I also prefer out/back runs but am going to make whatever work. Excited to try both the MK and the map route!

We arrived yesterday, staying in Copper Creek for the first time and already fell in love! I had sent in three specific room requests and got my third choice, overlooking the pool with a glimpse through the trees of Seven Seas Lagoon. We're in a one bedroom and I swear there's more drawer space than any other resort we've stayed in. Love the spacious shower. The balcony is expansive. It's going to be a good 10 days.

We arrived yesterday, staying in Copper Creek for the first time and already fell in love! I had sent in three specific room requests and got my third choice, overlooking the pool with a glimpse through the trees of Seven Seas Lagoon. We're in a one bedroom and I swear there's more drawer space than any other resort we've stayed in. Love the spacious shower. The balcony is expansive. It's going to be a good 10 days.

Hope you have a great trip! Please take some pictures for us!! 🙂

Hi, all. Softball question...cone or basket shaped filters for the coffee maker for the CCV one bedrooms? Thanks!

We're looking forward to trying Copper Creek or Bay Lake during our next visit to add on to our AK 2 bedroom stay. I've never seen any of the DVC rooms as very large (in cabinet space, balconies or sq footage) compared to other timeshares in the area, such as Bonnet Creek, Marriott Lakeshore or any of the other major chain timeshares there. That said, it's nice to be immersed into the Disney atmosphere, and each has different magic for us..

Boardwalk (and beach club) is perfect for walking to Epcot or HS right from your room. Animal Kingdom is a more relaxed, secluded area, where we enjoy coffee or wine on the balcony daily while watching the animals, and Bay Lake is perfect for the walk over to Magic Kingdom (which we hate the boat or monorail ride to from the parking area when busy, especially when leaving and tired), or hoping on the monorail loop to explore the other resorts or jumping on the boat to check out wilderness area.

Enjoy your stay!!!

Last edited:
Boardwalk (and beach club) is perfect for walking to Epcot or HS right from your room. Animal Kingdom is a more relaxed, secluded area, where we enjoy coffee or wine on the balcony daily while watching the animals, and Bay Lake is perfect for the walk over to Magic Kingdom (which we hate the boat or monorail ride to from the parking area when busy, especially when leaving and tired), or hoping on the monorail loop to explore the other resorts or jumping on the boat to check out wilderness area.

Enjoy your stay!!!

The boat from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom is very convenient.

Ok question.... I'm preparing for our upcoming trip and want to order groceries using Insta-cart yet when I put in the address of WL it says it cannot find that location. Anyone successfully use Insta-cart to deliver to WL? What's the secret. Obviously, I know there are other delivery options available I just already use Insta-cart so it is my preferred method.

... I've never seen any of the DVC rooms as very large (in cabinet space, balconies or sq footage) compared to other timeshares in the area, such as Bonnet Creek, Marriott Lakeshore or any of the other major chain timeshares there....
I take it you've never stayed in an OKW one or two bedroom villa. They don't have balconies. They have full sized porches.

Ok question.... I'm preparing for our upcoming trip and want to order groceries using Insta-cart yet when I put in the address of WL it says it cannot find that location. Anyone successfully use Insta-cart to deliver to WL? What's the secret. Obviously, I know there are other delivery options available I just already use Insta-cart so it is my preferred method.
We last did this in August 2019. Are you using 901 Timberline Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter