Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
When the gondolas were announced this was my fear. We love staying at BC & BWI. The ease of walking into Epcot is a major reason. This saddens me so much. We have a trip planned for January 2020 and I’ve been worried about the impact of the gondolas at IG. When we booked, we decided to go ahead with BWI & if it’s a nightmare & no longer peaceful & easy entering thru IG, our next trip might have to be at a different area resort, possibly a MK resort 🤷🏼‍♀️ .
We were there just 5 weeks ago [10/23 - 10/31] and IG was a non issue for us. In fact, even with the local IG construction for the the new Guest Services and Ticketing windows we breezed in all of the time. They had more security checkpoints, a "new" no bags line, and more tap-stiles. Things may have changes since then, but we'll be back in 33 days for marathon weekend so we'll see how the experience is then! IMO incoming gondolas have a minimal impact on crowd volume for IG. The real congestion has been and will continue to be a full Friendship Boat arrival when you are entering.

dansdad

DIS Veteran
We were there just 5 weeks ago [10/23 - 10/31] and IG was a non issue for us. In fact, even with the local IG construction for the the new Guest Services and Ticketing windows we breezed in all of the time. They had more security checkpoints, a "new" no bags line, and more tap-stiles. Things may have changes since then, but we'll be back in 33 days for marathon weekend so we'll see how the experience is then! IMO incoming gondolas have a minimal impact on crowd volume for IG. The real congestion has been and will continue to be a full Friendship Boat arrival when you are entering.

That was our exact experience 2 weeks ago. If no Friendship boat unloading, entering at IG took no longer than before. There were more people around, but because of the way the Gondolas unload there is no huge influx of guests. Now if we walked up just after a full Friendship boat unloaded, holy cow.

When the gondolas were announced this was my fear. We love staying at BC & BWI. The ease of walking into Epcot is a major reason. This saddens me so much. We have a trip planned for January 2020 and I’ve been worried about the impact of the gondolas at IG. When we booked, we decided to go ahead with BWI & if it’s a nightmare & no longer peaceful & easy entering thru IG, our next trip might have to be at a different area resort, possibly a MK resort 🤷🏼‍♀️ .
Please judge for yourself and don’t just take my word for it.
To someone who was used to the old way I would guess you will think it’s horrible, if you are coming from pop or CB you will think it’s great. It’s all perspective.

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• Maxie86

DIS Veteran
    We are at the YC now and have walked to Epcot via the IG many times and our perspective is it’s very well run and easy to maneuver. It’s not overwhelming. To be honest, we don’t go through bag check but even those lines are moving quickly. Do not despair!
    This was our experience last week as well. Yes it is more crowded but there are more tap styles so things moved along quickly.

• Poohspaleeyore

Earning My Ears
    Returned home from our BC Club level stay on November 26th. We have stayed previously at BCV and BC non club level. i have to say i am still in love with this resort and all of the CMs are wonderful - beautiful rooms, beautiful hotel, beautiful area. Not only is it located at the back door of epcot but it its really not a long bus ride or drive anywhere. unfortunately i caught a cold and had to stay in our room for a couple of days but even though i missed some adventure, i felt like i was in a peaceful puffy cloud of luxury. beds were very comfortable.we did have a room check one day when i was sick but the gentlemen was very nice and polite. He just asked if everything was ok. one advantage to staying in club level (in addition to the concierge service and snacks is that the walks to the rooms are short distance from the elevator.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    We are at the YC now and have walked to Epcot via the IG many times and our perspective is it’s very well run and easy to maneuver. It’s not overwhelming. To be honest, we don’t go through bag check but even those lines are moving quickly. Do not despair!
    We just arrived this morning. So it was about 10- 10:15 when we went into Epcot. It took at least 7 minutes just to get thru security. Sure, not a huge long time. But when you are used to just walking right thru, or waiting for only a minute or 2, this is a big change. As we left about 3, there was no line for bag check, but the entry tap points were all at least 12 people deep. Also, we went back for dinner. Went thru the no bag line. This time it wasn’t the CM but the guests who were taking forever. They only had a table for you to empty your pockets, no little trays. So people sort of waited to put their phones etc down until it was their turn. There was no CM watching the table, just the one CM to wave you thru & do the wanding if needed. So I can’t blame them. But then they also stood there while they put everything back in their pockets & blocked others from retrieving their belongings. And at least 3 people in front of us needed wanding. Also, people from the bag screening line were going thru the same metal detector.

I get it’s new & should improve somewhat, but I think it will only get busier & more crowded as time goes on. Certainly not as bad as the front of Eocot. But still a pretty decent increase & change.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    We usually stay water view club level but this trip, we are on a free dining bounceback in a garden view room. There are a few issues with the room. I will see how the week goes & I may stop at the front desk & mention them. Nothing major or that would make me ask for a different room, but still, things should be addressed as normal upkeep.

First we noticed the dead bolt on the door doesn’t close easily. My DH can get it to lock by jiggling the door. I can’t get it to lock at all. This one I was ready to go down & report, but my DH didn’t want to make a big deal about it.

The shower knob is very loose & feels like it’s going to break any minute . I can’t imagine housekeeping hasn’t noticed this. The shower door isn’t the hinged type that opens out. They are sliders & both keep sliding to one side, away from the shower heads. It took several minutes to get it to stay relatively closed. But even then, it was at least an inch open.

This is a tile in the shower, high on the wall away from the shower itself. So I don’t think water is getting i there. But still, should be addressed.

C496716E-5CDD-456D-AAAF-9E89ABE2E671.jpeg

A bolt sticking out of the bathroom door handle.
    4C3CE2A4-5E78-40F0-9AB8-DEE77240F7E6.jpeg

And there are white splotches all over the bathroom cabinet. No idea what they are & these are just a small area.
    92B07771-D6B8-4AF8-B3DF-0AAEF766753E.jpeg

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound like a cranky old lady or be nit picky. But I don’t think these things don’t belong in one of the most expensive resorts on property. Depending on how the week goes, I may stop & mention them at the front desk. If not I will send an email just to report them & hopefully get them taken care of.

dansdad

DIS Veteran
    Sorry, I don’t mean to sound like a cranky old lady or be nit picky. But I don’t think these things don’t belong in one of the most expensive resorts on property. Depending on how the week goes, I may stop & mention them at the front desk. If not I will send an email just to report them & hopefully get them taken care of.
    I don't feel you're being nit picky. And IMO, those things don't belong in any WDW resort room no matter the level or cost.

• Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    We usually stay water view club level but this trip, we are on a free dining bounceback in a garden view room. There are a few issues with the room. I will see how the week goes & I may stop at the front desk & mention them. Nothing major or that would make me ask for a different room, but still, things should be addressed as normal upkeep.

First we noticed the dead bolt on the door doesn’t close easily. My DH can get it to lock by jiggling the door. I can’t get it to lock at all. This one I was ready to go down & report, but my DH didn’t want to make a big deal about it.

The shower knob is very loose & feels like it’s going to break any minute . I can’t imagine housekeeping hasn’t noticed this. The shower door isn’t the hinged type that opens out. They are sliders & both keep sliding to one side, away from the shower heads. It took several minutes to get it to stay relatively closed. But even then, it was at least an inch open.

This is a tile in the shower, high on the wall away from the shower itself. So I don’t think water is getting i there. But still, should be addressed.

View attachment 457432

A bolt sticking out of the bathroom door handle.
    View attachment 457435

And there are white splotches all over the bathroom cabinet. No idea what they are & these are just a small area.
    View attachment 457436

Please report the problems at the front desk (not by phone) before you leave. Otherwise someone is going to get stuck with that room and won't have your husband's talent for getting the deadbolt to close, or will have the shower knob break in their hand. Those are not minor cosmetic issues and could ruin someone else's vacation.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Please report the problems at the front desk (not by phone) before you leave. Otherwise someone is going to get stuck with that room and won't have your husband's talent for getting the deadbolt to close, or will have the shower knob break in their hand. Those are not minor cosmetic issues and could ruin someone else's vacation.
    Good point! I will definitely do that. I’m glad to know it’s not just me being picky. It’s hard to know sometimes. 😂

Maxie86

DIS Veteran
    We just arrived this morning. So it was about 10- 10:15 when we went into Epcot. It took at least 7 minutes just to get thru security. Sure, not a huge long time. But when you are used to just walking right thru, or waiting for only a minute or 2, this is a big change. As we left about 3, there was no line for bag check, but the entry tap points were all at least 12 people deep. Also, we went back for dinner. Went thru the no bag line. This time it wasn’t the CM but the guests who were taking forever. They only had a table for you to empty your pockets, no little trays. So people sort of waited to put their phones etc down until it was their turn. There was no CM watching the table, just the one CM to wave you thru & do the wanding if needed. So I can’t blame them. But then they also stood there while they put everything back in their pockets & blocked others from retrieving their belongings. And at least 3 people in front of us needed wanding. Also, people from the bag screening line were going thru the same metal detector.

I get it’s new & should improve somewhat, but I think it will only get busier & more crowded as time goes on. Certainly not as bad as the front of Eocot. But still a pretty decent increase & change.
    You don't have to empty your pockets any more that is why there is no tray to put stuff in. Most of the time my DH's knees don't even beep anymore. If you have something that beeps just hold it in your hand and raise your arms up near your head and it won't beep. I don't really understand how it all works, last trip my DH had a wallet that had a small metal thingy on it and it beeped but his two steel knees didn't. :confused3My phone hasn't beeped in my pocket, but sometime I do take it out and hold it up just to be sure not to hold up the line.

Sorry about your room issues hope you get them straightened out. Enjoy your stay.

sweetyk83

Mouseketeer
    Unfortunately when we stayed at BC last year we reported our issues to the front desk and nothing was done for a full day. I ended up emailing the manager and got a very fast response! So for what it's worth, if they don't take care of it after you visit the front desk I highly recommend emailing.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    Unfortunately when we stayed at BC last year we reported our issues to the front desk and nothing was done for a full day. I ended up emailing the manager and got a very fast response! So for what it's worth, if they don't take care of it after you visit the front desk I highly recommend emailing.
    OK I defer to your experience, I just didn't think it was a good idea for OP to ignore the room issues and not tell anyone.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    You don't have to empty your pockets any more that is why there is no tray to put stuff in.

I guess this was the issue then. The only CM in that line was on the opposite side of the detector, so people were emptying everything, And nobody told them not to. But you’re right . At MK today, he did say you can keep your cell phones. I had a metal back up charger & he held that as I went thru. The screening was a breeze there. No bags for me from now on!

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    We arrived on Saturday as well. We are in the BCV and our Villa was ready about 2:30. We are having a wonderful time. For the most parts our waits have been minimal.
    Our DME Experience was an exception. We have used this service many times but Saturday was extremely crowded. Our line extended past the queues and our toral trip time was over 2 hours.
    we used Guest Relations at the IG to activate our APs and to buy a TIW Card. We entered EPCOT there and had absolutely no wait at either the bag check or the Tap Styles We breezed right through just like in the past.
    we had a HORRIBLE experience with Instacart and we will never use them again. I purposely scheduled delivery for between 5-6 PM, As Villas our frequently not ready much before then.
    when we got to the Villa about 4:45 I saw that I had 3 missed calls at 4:08. When I called the number given I was told I was a “no show, my order was canceled, AND I was charged a $15 cancellation fee. Customer Service was nonexistent even though they were nearly an hour early. Long story short our groceries were delivered about 8:30 again about 30 minutes prior to agreed upon 9 PM Time.
    We ate at Ale & Compass Restaurant Saturday night. It was outstanding. We will go again.
    We went to MK yesterday. It was not crowded at all. It was unbelievable and great.
    We toured the Christmas decorations at the GF and the WL I had a glass of wine at the new Enchanted Rose Lounge. It is lovely.
    We then took the Monorail back to MK and took a boat to WL Lodge. We Waited for the boat, our only wait of the entire day. WL was our favorite by far. it is gorgeous.
    We ended our day at Geyser Point, had drinks and food and watched the Patriots loose to the refs. it was unbelievable. Other than that it was a wonderful day.
    The weather is gorgeous although 50% chance of rain We’d, Thurs, Fri
    Sorry to be sl long winded.

sweetyk83

Mouseketeer
    OK I defer to your experience, I just didn't think it was a good idea for OP to ignore the room issues and not tell anyone.
    I completely agree! Who knows how many people stayed in the room before us with the same exact issues and said nothing. It's a shame because they didn't get to see the resort at it's full potential. I am glad that not only were our issues resolved but that everyone that has that room after us won't have to deal with it.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    New souvenir, super-sized plastic " glass" is now available from Hurricane Hanna's with the purchase of one of two concoctions, for the cost of $24.

Storm Chaser
    Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bacardi Superior Rum, Blue Curaçao and Sweet-and Sour topped with Sprite®

Category 5
    Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Crème de Banana, Peach Schnapps, Orange and Pineapple Juice and a splash of Grenadine with a float of Gosling's 151 Rum

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS