Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I asked two days ago about the ECV accessible scooters at the BC Front Desk. I was told there were only two. You need to go to the Front Desk and have them call for them. There is a 30 minute lead time required.
If you are not at your resort and use the app, a regular van will come. Then that CM would have to summon the accessible van. I would think this would take even longer lead time.

I found my email in my spam folder, it came from Disney Destinations
Thanks. I checked all spam filters manually and with available search features. I don’t think that I’ve missed it. I have plenty of other Disney Destinations email (both in spam and regular inbox). Happily, I’m not concerned about the dogs being there.

I asked two days ago about the ECV accessible scooters at the BC Front Desk. I was told there were only two. You need to go to the Front Desk and have them call for them. There is a 30 minute lead time required.
If you are not at your resort and use the app, a regular van will come. Then that CM would have to summon the accessible van. I would think this would take even longer lead time.

Front desk gave you wrong info. You can request one through the app, as we did. First you make your request through the lyft app. When it is accepted, use the contact driver option & tell him you need the accessible van. We had one in pulling up in about 7 minutes. They do not hold 6 people like the regular Minnie vans. In our case we also had to inform the driver that we were a party of 6, so they would send the accessible van & a regular van to accommodate us all. (No extra charge)
Also, right now they have 4 accessible vans. We drove past them down at Disney Springs where their hub is located.

Does anyone have any experience with the Ship Shape Salon and hair cuts? Specifically ladies hair cut. The good, the bad?

We have a scooter in our party also. A walk over to the YC is maybe a leisurely 10 min or so. I've seen 2 scooters on the bus.
Once in the morning, though, there were too many people on the bus coming fromYC to fit the scooter, and we had to wait for the next. That was the one & only time we had a problem.
And Disney has 4 accessible Minnie vans. How many are in your party? We have 6 (including person on scooter). What we were told to do was request the Minnie van, then down the bottom of the screen is an option to contact the driver. Once you have gotten your van request accepted, call the driver & tell him/her you need an accessible van. In our case we also had to tell him that there were 6 in our party, so they would send the accessible van plus a regular van to accommodate all of us. All for just the $20 flat rate. They did not charge per vehicle.
It is a fantastic service & we used it probably about 5 times during our stay.
How long is the wait for a Minnie van?

You can take Orlando out of the girl but apparently you can’t take the girl out of Orlando.

Flights on east coast Sunday night were cancelled so I am hanging out at the MCO Hyatt for 7 am flight my husband was able to book fo me. Southwest was not going to be able to get me home until Tuesday, Halloween night (my birthday btw). Got a few hours sleep but that seems to be over now.

Can’t wait to share a few stories and pictures from our fabulous friends trip where I strayed from here for stays at Saratoga and poly villas

Well that stinks Natebenma. Hope you get home today and the flight left as planned this morning. Happy to hear you had a fabulous trip.

From what I've read, it depends on when you want to go. Some folks report a 5 minute or less wait, some no availability at all. Plan on trying this coming Thursday morning from Yacht Club to MK and will let you know.

It varies depending on where the van is on property that is available. Our shortest wait was 3 minutes. Our longest was 15. And once none were available. We loved this service, and would totally recommend it.

You can take Orlando out of the girl but apparently you can’t take the girl out of Orlando.

Flights on east coast Sunday night were cancelled so I am hanging out at the MCO Hyatt for 7 am flight my husband was able to book fo me. Southwest was not going to be able to get me home until Tuesday, Halloween night (my birthday btw). Got a few hours sleep but that seems to be over now.

Can’t wait to share a few stories and pictures from our fabulous friends trip where I strayed from here for stays at Saratoga and poly villas
That stinks glad DH was able to book you another flight. Can't wait to hear about your latest girls trip :D
Early Happy Birthday :hmghost: Dee my sister is a Halloween baby too!

As a follow-up question, would regular guests of BC recommend going directly the the YC for bus service, especially in the morning?

We've stayed at both resorts multiple times, and never not gotten onto a bus at BC, even early in the morning. You may have to stand, but there's usually room. What we do though is at the end of a long day, if the bus is packed, we tend to get of at YC, even if we're staying at BC, because all we want to do is get off of that bus!

As a follow-up question, would regular guests of BC recommend going directly the the YC for bus service, especially in the morning?
We've stayed at both resorts multiple times, and never not gotten onto a bus at BC, even early in the morning. You may have to stand, but there's usually room. What we do though is at the end of a long day, if the bus is packed, we tend to get of at YC, even if we're staying at BC, because all we want to do is get off of that bus!
I will second Scott MC on this one in that I did not experienced a time when we were staying at the BCV that we were not able to get on a bus in the morning and we were always there at the parks at rope drop. Others may have had different experiences but that was ours. If you want to take the 10 minutes to walk to YC there is no one checking wrist bands to see what side of the resort you are staying on so you can do that. I just have not had that experience when I thought it was necessary.
Katesdad

Everyone just had to evacuate pool area. We are all standing out by beach. Even Beaches & cream staff are out here with us. I think they are having trouble with the fire alarm system. We have had 2 fire alarm tests this week
We were informed on Thursday evening that they were going to be doing routine fire alarm testing on the Friday morning from 10:30 am til 12:30 pm. It didn’t affect us, we were in Epcot until 11:30 am and then got ready to leave for our flight home. They told us we didn’t need to evacuate the premises during the tests. We managed to squeeze in a couple of final rides before we left. Still waiting for a reimbursement for our stay when they discovered the bed bugs though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter