• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I've downloaded the Ghotery app for iPhone and iPad and go through that when reading the Dis forums on my iPhone or iPad. It makes a world of difference to have all of those ads turned off. You just open the Ghostery app and then enter the website address, the same way that you would access a website via Safari or one of the other browsers. :)

We'll be checking into the BC with our family group, including two grandsons, in just two weeks from today. Everyone is very excited and we have planned plenty of pool time. I know that the boys will love the Pirate slide. :)

Less than a month to go, I can't wait!!

I was going to buy some breakfast foods from Garden Grocer (like cereal, milk, poptarts - btw, are there toasters in our rooms??) but now I see that the Marketplace sells those things. Garden Grocer isn't cheap - does anyone know what the prices at the Marketplace are like??

I was going to buy some breakfast foods from Garden Grocer (like cereal, milk, poptarts - btw, are there toasters in our rooms??) but now I see that the Marketplace sells those things. Garden Grocer isn't cheap - does anyone know what the prices at the Marketplace are like??
There aren't toasters in the rooms, but I believe there are some in the food court.

This should give you a general idea of pricing:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...dvc-resorts/YachtandBeachGroceryOrderForm.pdf

There is a toaster, as well as a microwave, in the Marketplace.

Quick question,

Approximately how long does it take to travel from YC to either of the waterparks using Disney transportation? I'm pretty sure we have to go to Disney springs and then bus hop but I'm not sure how long this will take. I was hoping we could visit the waterparks mid day to cool down if the travel isn't crazy.

Thank you

Transferring at DS adds a lot of time to what is a short distance. We always take Uber to the water parks when staying at the Epcot resorts. It is less than $10 (depends on surge pricing) and so much more efficient than the Disney buses. That being said, mid-day at the water parks is a busy time and might not be the best time to go for a cool down when you have a terrific on-site pool available. Enjoy whatever you do!

Does anyone bring bug spray to use for when you hang out on the balconies at the resort? I know I got bit up by no see ums on the beach one time but not sure if bug spray helps those at all? I'm guessing mosquitoes are pretty bad this time of year?

Does anyone bring bug spray to use for when you hang out on the balconies at the resort? I know I got bit up by no see ums on the beach one time but not sure if bug spray helps those at all? I'm guessing mosquitoes are pretty bad this time of year?

We are leaving for YC on Saturday. I just got an email from Disney this morning (reminding me to make FPs and ADRs.... snerk). It contained a weather forecast and this information:

PACK FOR THE WEATHER
Tip: The subtropical climate of Central Florida brings mixtures of sun and rain showers, as well as a variety of insects. For your convenience, Walt Disney World® Resort provides complimentary insect repellent for guest use throughout the Theme Parks and Resorts.

So it looks like Disney will provide free bug spray!

Just thought i would post some pics of the resort over the last few days and of our room view. Its a garden/woods view and is above the marketplace 3rd floor. Its noisy but just from the toilets you cant hear the early risers down below outside. The toilets tho are another thing, we must be under all the toilets or they are being routed our way. Never have we had this much noise from flushing!! I'll add more pics as i get them.

20180529_174210-756x1008.jpg 20180529_174210-756x1008.jpg 20180529_164847-756x1008.jpg20180529_164854-756x1008.jpg 20180529_164859-756x1008.jpg 20180529_164903-756x1008.jpg
20180528_183016-756x1008.jpg
Skyliner thing at HS
20180529_174612-993x481.jpg 20180528_093500-756x1008.jpg
Minnie van has car seats ready for you.
20180522_084326-756x1008.jpg

I've been having issues with Explorer, too. The pages load to look the the old "dos" (a/k/a, no formating). It's ok with Google.

Solar gel! Is that new? We did not have that at Poly last October.

oooohhhh, can't wait for 2020!!!

Definitely consider using an ad blocker like AdBlock Plus and Ghostery.

These ad blockers work for many non Dis Boards pages and you can turn off the blocking temporarily if you go on a site where there is an Ad Wall that will not let you continue unless you disable your ad blocker. For AdBlock Plus you can uncheck "enable on this site" and then reload the page.

After you view your content you can re-check "enable on this site".

Generally speaking, Dis Board pages with AdBlock plus enabled do not need to be turned on and off like might be necessary for other pages. Usually the temporary suspension of Ad blocking ON OTHER PAGES is necessary when trying to view VIDEO content.

I'm all for ads supporting sites I use but the ads on the Dis Boards play loudly and off screen and they are a dysfunctional nuisance. Add to the fact that I support the Dis Boards with the occasional helpful suggestion and I have no remorse for providing a work around for the problem ads.

~NM

Don't you love a fire alarm at 230am!!!

Don't know what happened but it was a scramble down the stairs and the noise in the room was too much for my little one luckily we had her headphones to hand to shove on. It was quite an experience!

We were all back in our rooms 1 hour later.

We exited the fire escape but there was no path and had to walk through the bushes which had the sprinklers on!!
We were there too!! What an experience! Don't think I'll ever forget the sound of that alarm. So loud! I was in a dead sleep. It literally took me a good minute to comprehend what was going on. Lol.

Anyone know when the June rec calendar might be available? We leave for BC next week and would like to plan some of the activities my kids want to do.

Thanks!

Just thought i would post some pics of the resort over the last few days and of our room view.
Thanks for posting the pictures and the notice of the quiet pool closure. I hope the pool reopens soon. The yoga on the beach is new. They were offering morning yoga at the Grand Floridian when we were there in December. Maybe they are extending it to all the resorts now.

Thanks for posting the pictures and the notice of the quiet pool closure. I hope the pool reopens soon. The yoga on the beach is new. They were offering morning yoga at the Grand Floridian when we were there in December. Maybe they are extending it to all the resorts now.

It sure sounds like it, they were offering it at WL and The Contemporary when we were there in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter