• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Wait so when is the quiet pool at BC suppose to reopen ? because I enjoy using that pools hot tub than then ones anywhere else

Just a friendly reminder that Southwest opens up their schedule tomorrow [5/31] for flights through January 6, 2019. Reservations are currently available through November 3, 2018. My experience has been that the new schedule is usually available between 6:00 - 7:00 AM [ET] on the day of release. Happy shopping for those of you looking to book for this timeframe. Myself? I'm waiting for 1/9 - 1/17/19 for marathon weekend!

Not sure if thses have already been shown but here's a sample of what they sell in the BC store. Oh and a pic of the giant puddle we had to wade through walking from HS!!!
We had to tske our shoes off!!

Whoa, that 'puddle' is no joke! Hope you are having a great time otherwise!!!

Oh and a pic of the giant puddle we had to wade through walking from HS!!!
We had to tske our shoes off!!

Nice puddle! We were at MK during the rain, after a number of other days of heavy rain, on Saturday May 19th. In Tomorrowland, between Peoplemover and Buzz and all the way around to the Monsters Inc entrance, the water came up to the middle of my calves. There was a swirling whirlpool into the drain by the Buzz entrance, and CMs with brooms were making a futile attempt to push the floodwaters aside. Sadly, I don’t have any pics ‘cause I didn’t want to stop to dig my phone out. That was the same day we left the ponchos in the car at the TTC lot, since we didn’t think we’d need them until AK after dinner. :-(

The thing I love about Disney is how inconsistent the reservation CM's are when you call to add room requests. I had called on Sunday and asked them to add the request for a daybed to our son's BC room. The cast member assured me that all BC rooms have daybeds and I didn't have to request one. We know that isn't true but I didn't feel like arguing, so said thank you and hung up. Then my sister called reservations yesterday to request that her BC room is located close to our room and they told her that she called too early. They told her that they could only add requests if you were 7-10 days before check in date. I told my sister that I had never heard that one before.

The thing I love about Disney is how inconsistent the reservation CM's are when you call to add room requests. I had called on Sunday and asked them to add the request for a daybed to our son's BC room. The cast member assured me that all BC rooms have daybeds and I didn't have to request one. We know that isn't true but I didn't feel like arguing, so said thank you and hung up. Then my sister called reservations yesterday to request that her BC room is located close to our room and they told her that she called too early. They told her that they could only add requests if you were 7-10 days before check in date. I told my sister that I had never heard that one before.

Actually what your sister was told is a very popular error with the phone CMs. I've been told that twice and see it posted here by confused Dissers often. I think it stems from when online check in would open at 10 days out. But that's just a guess.

The cast member assured me that all BC rooms have daybeds and I didn't have to request one.
I agree with you that we know that the all rooms at the BC do not have a Day bed, however please don't just let it go as the cast member needs additional training/retraining.

Politely request a supervisor to to be transferred to Guest Services to get your request(s) properly added to your reservation record. As long as we let this ill informed phone cast members share "wrong" information it will not only impact you but any other guests the cast member(s) interact with in the future. Please don't ignore or accept poor service.

Then my sister called reservations yesterday to request that her BC room is located close to our room and they told her that she called too early. They told her that they could only add requests if you were 7-10 days before check in date.
Again the same advice as above but also ask for guest recovery, ask that both reservations be updated to noted that both of your reservations are you "traveling with" the other reservation. As an additional note: Guest Services can override the system and prioritize connecting rooms vs adjacent rooms. Just confirm that you want at a minimum adjoining Queen rooms vs the normal Queen / King room paring. Again no 100% guarantee but your chances of at least getting this request met are greatly improved.

Note: Room categories need to match to improve the likely hood of connecting or adjoining rooms and you will need to know both reservation numbers and the name of the lead name on each reservation.

Dave

Note: Room categories need to match to improve the likely hood of connecting or adjoining rooms and you will need to know both reservation numbers and the name of the lead name on each reservation.
Unfortunately, she has a standard view room and we have a garden view. I told her that most of the standard view rooms are above the restaurant areas of the BC and most of the garden view are close to Epcot, so her room might not be too close. And we have two garden view rooms that we want to be connecting, which makes it trickier. But the best we can do is to ask. :)

A Random question for anyone who knows but do they refresh the toiletries every day with housekeeping? or would I have to ask each day?
They are supposed to refresh the toiletries daily. You can leave a note for housekeeping if you want extra supplies. I always do that for the regular coffee. Some housekeepers are generous with supplies and some are stingy, but they are pretty good about keeping you supplied with soap and shampoo. :)

If we booked 5 people in a room, we don’t need to request a daybed right? I assume they know we need one?

Then my sister called reservations yesterday to request that her BC room is located close to our room and they told her that she called too early. They told her that they could only add requests if you were 7-10 days before check in date. I told my sister that I had never heard that one before.
The 7-10 day room request time frame is what is normally referenced when calling the phone number associated with the resort ( BC phone number (407) 934-8000 ). If the resort reservation was made directly with Disney, then Central Reservations should accept room requests at any time. Many Guests add room requests at time of booking, which can even be one year in advance.

Just thought i would post some pics of the resort over the last few days and of our room view. Its a garden/woods view and is above the marketplace 3rd floor. Its noisy but just from the toilets you cant hear the early risers down below outside. The toilets tho are another thing, we must be under all the toilets or they are being routed our way. Never have we had this much noise from flushing!! I'll add more pics as i get them.

View attachment 325725 View attachment 325725 View attachment 325726View attachment 325727 View attachment 325728 View attachment 325729
View attachment 325730
Skyliner thing at HS
View attachment 325731 View attachment 325732
Minnie van has car seats ready for you.
View attachment 325733

Oh, wow! You’ve got photos of our balcony directly below you and directly above Marketplace! That’s awesome. We just got home on Tuesday 29th so we checked out on Monday 28th May — we were there for the 15 days from 13th May until 28th. We absolutely loved 2618. It was a fabulous room with lots of fond memories and a beautiful view. It was our first Beach Club stay and we are converts! We absolutely loved the entire resort and the whole Boardwalk area. We are already planning a return trip next year. We upgraded our free dining to deluxe dining and boy was it amazing! We put on 13lbs each!!! ARGH! We’re away again next week to Nashville to CMA Fest (bad timing with so much annual leave, but can hardly wait!).

That’s just so awesome to see our balcony! When did you check in?

@natebenma I just re-read your fire alarm episode in your old trip report and I was laughing so much, especially when Janetmom commented how those that were evacuated out the front of the hotel were so boring in comparison to your wee gang at the back:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
So tempted to read that report of your from the start again. It was such a treat :goodvibes:thumbsup2

I could use a laugh today. Can you or @natebenma provide a link? (Sorry if I missed it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter