Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If your room is on the top floor of the section you are in then you most likely will have the Roman Shades. If you ask for a lower floor you would increase your chance of having regular blackout curtains.

We have had Juliette balconies and regular blackout curtains. :)
That is different. At least we know that all rooms with sliding patio doors and full balconies have the draw draperies.

You lucked out with that room!

Thanks for this fantastic thread - just spent 2 hours reading through page 1!!!

:welcome: and thanks so much for your kind words!!!

When is your trip?

Lots of very helpful people have contributed information throughout the years to make this a fun and extremely useful forum.

Let us know if you have any specific questions. We don't bite. Usually ;)

Dee

Last edited:

I'm sure this has been asked before but...what are the options for BC GV and a request of a king bed?

Yes, I understand that it would only be a request...

I'm sure this has been asked before but...what are the options for BC GV and a request of a king bed?

Yes, I understand that it would only be a request...

We don't really have the statistics about how many of the standard (not Club Level) rooms have king beds or any of the specific rooms that have them unless it has been reported to us. You can check the Beach Club Room View threads for GV listings to see what info past guests have shared with us.

As always, list your requests in priority order. Do you want a full balcony or don't care? How important is a king bed? Is there anything else that you want to request- location, upper or lower floor?

"King bed, please. Full balcony, if possible" or the other way around.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the room we stayed in at the Beach Club in December. We had booked a standard view room but when we arrived we found out that they had put us in a garden view room - # 1581. This room was only a few doors away from the BC Marketplace, which was very convenient. It looked out on the garden just above the volleyball court. It had a lovely patio and a view of Crescent Lake if you looked to the left. If you looked to the right you saw the windows for the Marketplace and for the Sandcastle Club. One night when I was closing the curtains I saw a troop of pirates heading off to find their treasure, and dinner. ;) They came out of the doors to our right and walked across the lawn on their way to their pirate ship. It was very cute. :)

BC room 1581
garden view
two queens and a daybed
connecting room
ground floor with patio
Keurig coffee maker

BC 1581 daybed and sliding glass patio door.JPG

BC 1581 daybed.JPG

BC 1581 queen beds.JPG

BC 1581 straight.JPG

BC 1581 view to left.JPG

BC 1581 view to right.JPG

I will put a copy in the BC room view thread. :)

Last edited:

Only 24 days away from our week at YC! Working on our grocery order, some final FP tinkering, feels pretty real now!

Doing our last bit of research before we submit our room requests!
How are you going to submit them? We called and added room requests to our last stay, which was at the CBR and when we checked in, they didn't have ANY of the requests we made over the phone.

We had a full balcony, CL, facing the pool, and we had shades. I have to admit, it was a pain because those lights from the pool were like spotlights in the room. I would definitely make a request, but bring some supplies to black out just in case.

Someone asked about options for getting from Beach Club to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Last summer it was so hot and humid I used Lyft a lot. It cost $7.96 to get from BC to DHS. On another day it was $8.06. (I added a tip to those costs.) You can go on the Lyft or Uber app when you're home and price out rides from one place to another. Just make sure you don't confirm the ride or they will think you are there waiting to be picked up and will charge you a cancellation fee when you don't show up for the ride. When you're there, you want to have both apps on your phone because you never know which one will be giving out discounts.

If I were there now and it was really important to me to get to DHS to do the boarding group thing for the new Star Wars thing, I would Uber or Lyft. For me personally, Disney is hard on my feet and my back. I don't want to start my day with a 20 minute walk. And you just never know when those boats are going to show up.

;) we are tentatively booked Aug 30 - Sep 4, 2020. BCV. Waiting on school calendars to be finalized.

Got it!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

You can let us know if your dates change. Or not. Whatever!

:goodvibes

I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the room we stayed in at the Beach Club in December. We had booked a standard view room but when we arrived we found out that they had put us in a garden view room - # 1581. This room was only a few doors away from the BC Marketplace, which was very convenient. It looked out on the garden just above the volleyball court. It had a lovely patio and a view of Crescent Lake if you looked to the left. If you looked to the right you saw the windows for the Marketplace and for the Sandcastle Club. One night when I was closing the curtains I saw a troop of pirates heading off to find their treasure, and dinner. ;) They came out of the doors to our right and walked across the lawn on their way to their pirate ship. It was very cute. :)

BC room 1581
garden view
two queens and a daybed
connecting room
ground floor with patio
Keurig coffee maker

* pictures snipped*

Once again, thanks for the detailed description of your room and for adding it to our collection on the View Thread!

That is so cute about the pirate parade!

pirate:

How are you going to submit them? We called and added room requests to our last stay, which was at the CBR and when we checked in, they didn't have ANY of the requests we made over the phone.

Submit your room requests as you did before, by phone, to the Central Reservations Office- or have your travel agent do it if you booked your room using that service.

About a week before your trip, call CRO again and ask them to read your request back to you so you know they have it listed correctly.

When you check-in, either by going to the room or at the front desk, if you discover that your requests were not met, before settling into the room, go to the front desk to see if there is a room available that you can switch to that has the attributes you are looking for. If not, but you are willing to change rooms during your stay, ask when a room that meets your requests will become available.

::yes::

Thanks Dee. August trip is off - just the 10 days in July.

August we will be doing a week in St. Augustine!

St. Augustine is on my bucket list. I'll have to tap your expertise if we plan a trip there.

:thumbsup2

Someone asked about options for getting from Beach Club to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Last summer it was so hot and humid I used Lyft a lot. It cost $7.96 to get from BC to DHS. On another day it was $8.06. (I added a tip to those costs.) You can go on the Lyft or Uber app when you're home and price out rides from one place to another. Just make sure you don't confirm the ride or they will think you are there waiting to be picked up and will charge you a cancellation fee when you don't show up for the ride. When you're there, you want to have both apps on your phone because you never know which one will be giving out discounts.

If I were there now and it was really important to me to get to DHS to do the boarding group thing for the new Star Wars thing, I would Uber or Lyft. For me personally, Disney is hard on my feet and my back. I don't want to start my day with a 20 minute walk. And you just never know when those boats are going to show up.

Once again, thanks for the input and sharing the cost of a Lyft to HS.

:car:

BC room 1581
garden view
two queens and a daybed
connecting room
ground floor with patio
Keurig coffee maker

Thanks for posting these. This is the exact area I was thinking of (as well as the ones across the garden). I'll be traveling with an ECV :moped: and it looks like the connecting door is the perfect place to park it!

Thanks for posting these. This is the exact area I was thinking of (as well as the ones across the garden). I'll be traveling with an ECV :moped: and it looks like the connecting door is the perfect place to park it!
We had been given a handicap accessible room, #1634, when our flight was cancelled and we had to add a couple nights to our trip. The room was on the first floor and directly across the garden from room 1581. This would be the perfect wing to be in because it is so close to the elevator and marketplace :)

Here is the view from 1634:

additional info in room view thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-5#post-55759522

Attachments

• IMG_2615_zps8nmxnj4h.JPG
    IMG_2615_zps8nmxnj4h.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I'm actually excited for the walk. Get up early, get a nice coffee and take our time with a nice stroll along the water to the park. Can't wait!

That is absolutely one of my favorite things about staying at BC. I LOVE that walk. I realize not everyone is physically able to do it, but fortunately DH and I are. I've also walked HS to Epcot. A bit more of a walk, but it was quicker than the boat :-). Most of the family took the boat which was boarding as we were leaving HS. My daughter and I, pushing a stroller, made it to Epcot before the rest of the family with time to spare. Again, a long walk, but if you're up to it, it's wonderful. Coming from Wisconsin, I'm just happy to enjoy some fresh WDW air come the beginning of March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter