Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I hope to do the Caring for Giants tour some day. I think it would be awesome! That was so nice of your daughter to do that for you for Mother’s Day.
if you guys like that one, try the rhino one. You get to actually touch the rhino! And I believe it is in the same price category as the elephant one. We're hoping to do both again on our next visit!

@natebenma - Can you modify the Be Our Guest list? We were originally scheduled August 3-9 at the YC followed by a stay at the Poly. We are now scheduled to stay at the BC from August 3-13. Here’s to hoping the trip happens. I feel the parks will be open but we need to be okay with the modifications. We’ll decide for sure once we have more information.

Thanks!

Will do!

:woohoo:

Hi again everyone!

Just in case you recognize my name as being a ping pong reservation person, (first the Beach Club, then the Boardwalk, and now back at the Beach Club!) we have once again booked our trip for November 28th through December 5th.

Since Delta extended the amount of time that cancelled flights could be used as vouchers, we didn't have to rush to get it in, and the Beach Club was again open! Yay! We are two roller coaster loving women on scooters, and hopefully we'll be able to hang onto this trip.

Although my traveling companion works for a senior living center, and so far they are not approving any vacations until the virus mess is settled. But heck we don't even know if things will be open at Disney World by then, so we might as well get on the books.

Dee, could you please add us back to the Be Our Guest list. hopefully we will be able to go on this one!

Great to be once again looking forward to a Beach Club vacation!

:welcome: back!!!

YAY!

For all our sakes, I hope things are back to a place of normalcy by then.

::yes::

*****************************************************************************************

I hope to do the Caring for Giants tour some day. I think it would be awesome! That was so nice of your daughter to do that for you for Mother’s Day.

I already posted an AK picture, but here's a couple more. These are from our girls trip where we did the Caring for Giants tour.

IMG_1881 - Copy (2).JPG

IMG_1887.JPG

if you guys like that one, try the rhino one. You get to actually touch the rhino! And I believe it is in the same price category as the elephant one. We're hoping to do both again on our next visit!

You get to touch the rhino! That's cool!

🦏

Attachments

• IMG_1886.JPG
    IMG_1886.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 0
Sadly I just cancelled our June reservations. So I guess you can remove me from the list....so sad...was supposed to go in April then moved it to June now I think we will just hold off before making a third reservation. Hoping April or June 2021 will be good to go!!! I was taking my parents for their 50th anniversary and my dad has bad asthma so don't want to risk taking him.

Dee, when you get a chance, no rush since who knows if/when trips will be a possibility again, our dates for September have changed.

It was: bookbabe626 Sept 9-13 BC SV

Now it’s: bookbabe626 Sept 18-22 YC GV

We’ve still got our FD recovery deal trip in July (July 9-12, YC GV) to make up for the cancelled April and May trips, and we’ve booked a Dec 11-15 trip, currently at WL. The WL one has me puzzled, since that part of December shows absolutely no availability at WL, even though every other resort has almost every room type open. And there were lots of choices available when I booked it a few weeks ago. Wondering if they pulled inventory related to the room renovations there, and if I’ll get a call asking me to move. If I do, YC will be my first choice, of course. ;-)

Yacht Club-standard view v. Garden view rooms? Any advice would be appreciated!!!

We typically request garden view rooms, requesting the gazebo. That is my favorite view. We've stayed that way 2-3 times and each time was fabulous.
Last year we had a 1 night stay before a move to another resort - it was standard. Super disappointing when we entered the room and had a view of the front loop. The standard rooms tend to be closer to the main elevators. the ice machine was across the hall from us. surprisingly, it wasn't as loud as I though it would be.
Keep in mind that garden view can be just a big tree outside your balcony, or facing the tennis courts.

Last edited:
Hover your mouse over the Like button (or hold your finger on it for a moment on mobile) and you'll get the Love option. It's pretty much the only acceptable response for that post.... Or any SAB related post, really. :beach:
Thank you ScubaCat!

So I have a split stay booked for 6 nights YC ( attached 9 day hoppers to) then 2 nights BC CL. There is a 8 night now available for YC. Torn whether to do the split or just switch to one consecutive stay at YC. We have moved rooms in the past ( and moving to BC no big deal). Not sure how CL offerings are going to change now with Covid . Really hoping when I book my fastpasses with the split we can book all 9 days but MDE is glitchy at times. What to do ?

So I have a split stay booked for 6 nights YC ( attached 9 day hoppers to) then 2 nights BC CL. There is a 8 night now available for YC. Torn whether to do the split or just switch to one consecutive stay at YC. We have moved rooms in the past ( and moving to BC no big deal). Not sure how CL offerings are going to change now with Covid . Really hoping when I book my fastpasses with the split we can book all 9 days but MDE is glitchy at times. What to do ?
It's hard to pass on a couple of nights CL but I would personally go with 8 nights at YC. I know it's not a big deal for some, but I find split stays disruptive especially when I'm at the peak of my trip. Pack up, transfer or store luggage, check out, check in, room not ready, unpack and then repack 2 days later! That's just me though. I assume you're saving some $$$ as well so you could divert that savings to other treats/beverages at the resort or Epcot!

Last edited:
I looked at the first post with room info, and it says that the all rooms were refurbed in 2014-15.... has there been a refurb since then? Are there wood floors now in the rooms? If someone knows of a post with current room photos, could you point me in the right direction?

My last stay at BC was in 2017, and I can't remember if the grungy carpeting was still there or not...

I looked at the first post with room info, and it says that the all rooms were refurbed in 2014-15.... has there been a refurb since then? Are there wood floors now in the rooms? If someone knows of a post with current room photos, could you point me in the right direction?

My last stay at BC was in 2017, and I can't remember if the grungy carpeting was still there or not...

YC has the wood type flooring, BC has carpeting.

So my daughter and I were discussing the refillable mugs. She remembers getting cold brew coffee by the ice tea machines. I told her she is confused because I only remember hot coffee and ice tea machines and the freestyle Coke machine. Is there cold brew at BC marketplace?

So my daughter and I were discussing the refillable mugs. She remembers getting cold brew coffee by the ice tea machines. I told her she is confused because I only remember hot coffee and ice tea machines and the freestyle Coke machine. Is there cold brew at BC marketplace?

Yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter