Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm curious to see if that's reduced temporarily, maybe suspending the $5 delivery fee or something like that. It seems like they'd want to ramp up and encourage room service in the near term!

I've never used in-room dining at Disney before, but maybe that will change next time.
Us too . Never used in the past but we may utilize this for breakfast or late night for our next trip .
I wonder who gets the gratitude fee ? The delivery person Probably gets the delivery fee plus whatever we tip them . Or does delivery person get gratitude and YC gets delivery fee.

Us too . Never used in the past but we may utilize this for breakfast or late night for our next trip .
I wonder who gets the gratitude fee ? The delivery person Probably gets the delivery fee plus whatever we tip them . Or does delivery person get gratitude and YC gets delivery fee.
The delivery person just gets the gratuity.

What changes do you think are possible? Cast Members serving the food is one change I envision. I was considering upgrading to CL, but maybe not…
After reading all these posts and the guidelines from Orange County . We are saving the money from CL and booking a regular room for our August trip.
We love CL and want to see what happens with the offerings before shelling out the extra money.
With no self serve options , who knows the changes that are coming if any at all.

I am afraid to post because I don't want to get my hopes up. Here goes anyway!😊

Fingers crossed for July 5-10 at YC. I only get to vacation once a year. Limited experiences are better than none at all. Actually, I usually try to pack in as many rides as possible into a trip. So this could be more of a relaxed resort trip instead of a busy park trip. Other than the obvious issues (I am in denial about virus related concerns), my only major concern is that SAB will not be operating.

Hoping for the best!!!

I am afraid to post because I don't want to get my hopes up. Here goes anyway!😊

Fingers crossed for July 5-10 at YC. I only get to vacation once a year. Limited experiences are better than none at all. Actually, I usually try to pack in as many rides as possible into a trip. So this could be more of a relaxed resort trip instead of a busy park trip. Other than the obvious issues (I am in denial about virus related concerns), my only major concern is that SAB will not be operating.

Hoping for the best!!!
Positive thoughts !!!
Pool would be a deal breaker for us , but I believe it will be open .

What changes do you think are possible? Cast Members serving the food is one change I envision. I was considering upgrading to CL, but maybe not…
There have been all kinds of rumors, but the one that concerns me the most is the rumor they’d make drinks and prepackaged snacks available. I can easily adjust to CM’s serving, in fact I prefer it. But if they do away with freshly prepared food served in the lounge, we’ll cancel the CL portion of our stay unless there’s a huge discount. We booked CL at the end of our stay meaning for it to be more relaxed and laid back. I’m hoping to rent a cabana one day, but without the perks of the lounge, it’s not worth the price.

So will we (I hope)...although we will be checking in on 17th and at this point staying until Nov1 (30 yr anniversary). We were hoping to go abroad but with the current state of affairs we will be staying in the US. I had originally booked two weeks thinking we would wait to see when the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Event was...we love it. We were going to cancel the second week. Unfortunately...it is the weekend after we come home and by the time we found out the date the weekend was booked, so now I think we are just going to stay for the whole two weeks and do some extra special things while we are there.
I had no idea Swan/Dolphin had a Food/Wine Event! Good info for a future girls trip!

Here is the blurb for the pre-scheduled 2020 Swan and Dolphin, we don't know how it will work going forward.

"Whether you’re seeking to delve into the details of wine blending or just looking for a few good eats, you’re sure to find a culinary experience you’ll enjoy here. Conveniently taking place during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and located just a short walk from Epcot®, this event offers foodies the ideal opportunity to continue their culinary experience after enjoying the festivities at Epcot®.

Join us for the 9th Annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic on October 26th and 27th. Enjoy fun, educational seminars, food and wine tastings and live entertainment."

Link: https://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

Dave

So last June we rented a full day cabana at Yacht Club. It was a beautifully sunny day and was fantastic. I am thinking of renting a half day in August. Has anyone rented and had a storm come through half way through your rented time? Half day rental is only 4 hours. If I lose half to a storm and I just out of luck or do they refund half ? Curious of the process.
In August to reduce the possibility of storms, I‘d rent in the morning. You can set your watch to the 3:00 T-Storms.

Hello! I was just on the phone booking for March 2021 because I need to book that far in advance to get one of the handful of Deluxe rooms that allow my family of six to stay. The Wilderness Lodge was finally available, but higher in price than expected. The helpful CM looked for other options and found one I didn't know existed:a Deluxe room at BC! I guess they've always been unavailable whenever I've looked, so that I never noticed that BC had such an option. I'm really excited to try a new hotel and get up to speed on this thread.

The helpful CM looked for other options and found one I didn't know existed:a Deluxe room at BC! I guess they've always been unavailable whenever I've looked, so that I never noticed that BC had such an option.
Yes there are 10 Deluxe rooms at the Beach Club just as there are 10 Deluxe rooms (remaining) at the WL. All the Deluxe rooms at the BC are all 2 Q x 1 Q Sleeper sofa. There are 2 DLX rooms on floor 1&2 and 3 on floor 3&4. These rooms are located in what I call the odd corners of the BC building. Most of these rooms have 2 Juliet balconies.

Dave

Yes there are 10 Deluxe rooms at the Beach Club just as there are 10 Deluxe rooms (remaining) at the WL. All the Deluxe rooms at the BC are all 2 Q x 1 Q Sleeper sofa. There are 2 DLX rooms on floor 1&2 and 3 on floor 3&4. These rooms are located in what I call the odd corners of the BC building. Most of these rooms have 2 Juliet balconies.

Dave
Thanks for the info! I might like having a corner room with two little balconies! Are they closer to the YC end of things or the Epcot end of the building?
Now I have to think about Cape May, either for a character breakfast or the seafood buffet, or both.

Thanks for the info! I might like having a corner room with two little balconies! Are they closer to the YC end of things or the Epcot end of the building?
Now I have to think about Cape May, either for a character breakfast or the seafood buffet, or both.
Here is a map where I indicated where the Deluxe Rooms are at the Beach Club to give a feel for the layout of the resort vs where these rooms are located.

BC Deluxe.jpg
(Source: base map from Touring Plans site)

Dave

Ok with the postings and info of lower restaurants capacity, I am thinking of ordering more room service . I am thinking for sure breakfast. Can anyone give my their experience with it? Was your experience positive? Also might try late night offerings too. Can anyone recommend a favorite? We will be at YC. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter