Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

White Rose, if you are looking for a good character breakfast, look no further than Cape May Cafe!!

We got it booked for Monday before we leave! But we were hoping for something else for just the two of us on Sunday while everyone else is at mass.

One last thing about my SIL...she won't let us eat at a buffet and does not want to see characters...too bad! .rofl I squeezed one in anyway on the last day..rofl she is gonna hate me...lol

Does it have to be a character breakfast? Captain's Grill had a very nice breakfast

If it has to be character breakfast Ohana had a cute non buffet character breakfast

LOL.

I've only had the one dream, fortunately. Not sure whether an upgrade dream would be good or bad - depends on how I felt when I woke up and realized it wasn't real.

I'm going to take a cab while my sister takes the kids to DTD. Unless they want to walk to the BC through Epcot, which I think would be fun, too. I'm confident my oldest daughter and niece can navigate their way to either place. My sister is hopeless. She's as bad as my mom, who somehow got lost on the Pagnani trail at AK last August.

Today, Amara and I got pedicures, which I've made a tradition before we go to WDW. I've started to pack things up a bit. Or, rather, I've started putting things in piles. I would say at least half the clothes I'm packing are things I won't be wearing in the next few days.
My daughter & I have our mani/pedi booked for Monday! Tradition for us too!

We got it booked for Monday before we leave! But we were hoping for something else for just the two of us on Sunday while everyone else is at mass.

One last thing about my SIL...she won't let us eat at a buffet and does not want to see characters...too bad! .rofl I squeezed one in anyway on the last day..rofl she is gonna hate me...lol
As Robyn said Captains Grille has a nice breakfast. You have the option of the buffet or ordering off menu. Kona Cafe in The Poly or GF Cafe also are good for non-buffet breakfasts.

Does it have to be a character breakfast? Captain's Grill had a very nice breakfast

If it has to be character breakfast Ohana had a cute non buffet character breakfast

For the last day (Monday) I wanted to stay close to the resort so we do not have to scramble for our flight home. That is the day we have character dining at cape may. My dad wanted to do character dining and I have heard good things about cape may so we are already going there!

For Sunday, I was hoping for a character dining option, someplace close, for just 2 of us, my hubby and I. We looked at HS, (only Disney Jr: no thanks.) BW, YC, BC and in Epcot; there was no availability except Cape May. Originally we did not have the possibility to do this but we had to change plans last minute to add in church for the other 8 in our group, so now I really want to do one meal the way I want; just 2 of us no fussiness, kids or SIL I thought I had read that Garden Grill does breakfast now, but it must be booked up because the only things I found was Cape May, which, again, we are doing the next day with the whole herd.

How about Akershus (spelling?) in Norway for just the 2 of you?

If you opt for going without characters Captains Grill is in YC, or the Boardwalk's new Italian restaurant serves breakfast also (have not had either, but I know there are several on this thread that love Captains Grill.

Garden grill just announced that the will start serving breakfast, but I thinknit doesn't start until late October or November

If you want a breakfast with no fuss (and if you only have the time while the others are at church)I would forget the character meal and go to the captain's grill or maybe have a nice room service breakfast for your DH and yourself

wishes count, thank you for all the great photos!!! i am showing DH the lobster roll. it will solidify HIS commitment to our trip for sure!!

noticed some have mentioned bringing an air mattress and someone else said they did not get a room with a daybed, even though family of 5. we have booked YC for a family of 5 and i will not be happy if we only have sleeping arrangements for 4!! my kids aren't little (when we go, 15, 10 and 8 so it would be pretty uncomfortable to squeeze the 3 of them in one bed, even for a night).

is that something i need to re-iterate when doing on-line check-in as a request?? i want as few things in there as possible so i am more likely to get what i want (main floor, far from lobby/elevators, quiet area).

wishes count, thank you for all the great photos!!! i am showing DH the lobster roll. it will solidify HIS commitment to our trip for sure!!

noticed some have mentioned bringing an air mattress and someone else said they did not get a room with a daybed, even though family of 5. we have booked YC for a family of 5 and i will not be happy if we only have sleeping arrangements for 4!! my kids aren't little (when we go, 15, 10 and 8 so it would be pretty uncomfortable to squeeze the 3 of them in one bed, even for a night).

is that something i need to re-iterate when doing on-line check-in as a request?? i want as few things in there as possible so i am more likely to get what i want (main floor, far from lobby/elevators, quiet area).
You have booked a room for 5 people so you have to be given a room that sleeps 5 people. In most cases a family of your size receives priority for a room with a daybed but if there are no more rooms available with a daybed you will receive a rollaway cot. Some people bring air mattresses if kids don't want to sleep together or if they want to preserve the amount of space in the too. I am not aware that there are any particular location or type of room with daybeds. They are scattered throughout.

:)

Last edited:

Another character breakfast option is at The Swan's Garden Grove, which is only a short walk or boat ride away.

Though the Swan is not Disney-owned or managed, it is on property and very nice.

A character breakfast is offered on weekends, only.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/gardengrove/index.html

I have not personally been to the Cape May breakfast, but it is very popular. The Captain's
Grille is very nice, but, other than the Mickey waffles, feels more like a hotel restaurant, than a Disney operation.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/captains-grille/menus/

Last edited:
How about Akershus (spelling?) in Norway for just the 2 of you?

If you opt for going without characters Captains Grill is in YC, or the Boardwalk's new Italian restaurant serves breakfast also (have not had either, but I know there are several on this thread that love Captains Grill.
I am hoping an add opens but everything is booked...keeping a look out!

In all our stays only once did we have a room without a daubed. They offered to move us the next day, but we were very happy with the room view. They also offered a rollaway but we like the twin size air mattress better since in the morning we can just deflate it and it's out if the way. Even my teenagers don't mind sleeping on it!

I am hoping an add opens but everything is booked...keeping a look out!

It's not a character breakfast but our favorite was to wander into France and choose something delicious from the bakery to eat outside at the tables beside the lagoon. They served mimosas there too ( though we didn't indulge) Beautiful setting and so very relaxing and quick to get to if time is limited <3

It's not a character breakfast but our favorite was to wander into France and choose something delicious from the bakery to eat outside at the tables beside the lagoon. They served mimosas there too ( though we didn't indulge) Beautiful setting and so very relaxing and quick to get to if time is limited <3

Best idea! We loved our France breakfasts when we stayed at the BC. So peaceful and so yummy.

Hi everyone! :wave:

Checking in next week. I know that the main floor rooms of the BC are currently being refurbished. I'm wondering from anyone who has been there recently if they started from the middle and are working there way to the end, (towards Epcot) or vice versa.

Any info. is very much appreciated.
Thanks!

Can anyone explain charging to room privileges? For instance, all magic bands will change to room. My mom would like to attach her magic band to her credit card. Any one know now how? also, at what dollar amount will the charges get transferred to the credit card on file- $1000?

Can anyone explain charging to room privileges? For instance, all magic bands will change to room. My mom would like to attach her magic band to her credit card. Any one know now how? also, at what dollar amount will the charges get transferred to the credit card on file- $1000?
When you check in - or anytime - just go to the main desk as ask to have the credit card linked to the MB. You will then need a PIN for that band, and any time you want to charge, you scan your band, and enter the PIN. If you loose the band, no one else knows your PIN so they can't use it.

Hi! I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I can't find the answer. Is there a way other than walking or waiting for the boats to start running to get to DHS early for rope drop? We went to a morning EMH last year at rope drop and waited for the boats. By the time we got there the lines were huge already. Do the busses run at all early in the morning? Or is my only option to walk if I want to get there before 7:45?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter