Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

To piggyback on the RotR BG question, is 5G available at YC? I have Verizon and an iPhone 12 Pro and am wondering whether I should bring my mobile 5G hotspot.

They’ve been putting new towers up all around the resorts over the last few months, but last I was at Disney (3ish weeks ago) it didn’t seem like they had fired them up yet. At least not with AT&T.

Fingers crossed we are finally gonna be back at the BC this August! Everything is booked and the kids and I are all getting vaccinated next week. After canceling May 2020, June 2020, August 2020, January 2021 and March 2021 trips we are all holding our breath to finally be back home to WDW in 124 days! :earsgirl:

I am more concerned about dining. I barely got anything and tried multiple restaurants. My parents are with us and will need to rest out of the sun, plus I have lupus and will need to get out of the sun some. I will keep looking but it did concern me.

Keep checking, because people cancel their dining reservations.

Also, there are some services where you can sign up and it will check for the dining reservations you want. These are not foolproof, because they do not search constantly, and because someone might beat you to the reservation once you get the notification. There are theads about this on the Restaurant board.

Here is one recent thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/************-success-stories.3831646/#post-62834824

What's the bounty platter? Thank you. Also, can you advise how to handle ROR at DHS for 7 a.m. log in and breakfast? Do you stay at YC and do it from there on property or skip breakfast and go to dhs and do it from there? Thank you for helping me.
We try for a boarding group at 7am from the room and then go to breakfast. Most places don't start serving until 7am. If we want to go to a park early then we pick up some food the night before and eat in the room. :)

We are vaccinated and ready for Disney!!! We are staying a few days at the Polynesian Villas, then July 5-12 at the Beach Club! It's been 4 years since we've been to Disney World and 8 years since we've stayed at the Beach Club. We are very happy to be going back!!

Welcome to the cootie shot club! It’s a great feeling!! :)

(I may have told the nurse who gave me mine word for word “I’m going to Disney World!!” when she asked me what I would do :rotfl2:)

Since we booked our flights today I guess I can finally say that we are officially going to be in Disney this summer!! We are going 8/18-8/28. I am a little concerned that it may be too long in current times but at the same time, maybe it will be nice to have a more leisurely trip.
Was thinking exactly as you. We were able to book our flights today. So now the trip is REAL !!. I even talked mama in to going down one day earlier. we are doing Universal for days 1 & 2. Not sure if we'll just have a pool day or make it an extra 1/2 day at the park there. Either way its relaxing. We also got the last non stop back to Philly, leaving at 8pm, which give us a solid 5-6 hours at WDW the last day. Now we just have to decide what park to reserve for that last day.

Best wishes to all travelling before we do in September. We enjoy watching your planning and reading your trip reports. !!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info about the cabana...I called at 7 central time and was on hold for about an hour, I didn’t get one for our arrival day May 31 but did for June 5th. 24 hour cancellation policy. I am more concerned about dining. I barely got anything and tried multiple restaurants. My parents are with us and will need to rest out of the sun, plus I have lupus and will need to get out of the sun some. I will keep looking but it did concern me. I was able to get a droid and a light saber spot (one kid wanted one, and one the other). I ended up getting them for our AK day instead of HS bc we have park hoppers and it’s an 8PM reservation. And that way we don’t have to carry them around all day!
[/QUOTE

I don‘t think park hopping is guaranteed. If the studios are full you might not be able to get in that night. I don’t know if any has experience with not being able to get into a second park.

Can someone offer information on eating good vegetarian at yc/bc area for lunch/dinner options?
for example, i saw a post saying there's a veggie sandwich at bc marketplace but it's terrible. so anything else then? Thanks, .....

Can someone offer information on eating good vegetarian at yc/bc area for lunch/dinner options?
for example, i saw a post saying there's a veggie sandwich at bc marketplace but it's terrible. so anything else then? Thanks, .....

There is a caprese sandwich, a greek salad, hummus with veggies, plant based chili, baked mac n cheese (plain or with plant based chili).....any of those would be good for lunch/dinner. The veggie sandwich is the vegan offering but there is more if you are just vegetarian.

So I’m really disappointed. I waited on hold for almost two hours, exactly 60 days before our check in at the Beach Club, to be told that they have no available cabanas for rental during our entire stay. I had a cabana secured last year along with everything else that we wanted, so I’m wondering if this is the sign that I should just cancel the trip. 😭 I also did our dining this morning, and that was pretty rough as well. Thoughts? Do you think we will get to swim without a cabana reservation? I don’t want to wait in a two-hour line to enter our resort pool.

Maybe a bb day and do a polar patio.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, would someone please let me know what the pool situation is currently like at Stormalong Bay - do you need reservations and/or is your time at the pool limited due to Covid restrctions? Thinking about being sure to include a resort day in June, but if the pool is not going to be something we coud really spend time at it may not be worth it.

Thanks,

Hello everyone, would someone please let me know what the pool situation is currently like at Stormalong Bay - do you need reservations and/or is your time at the pool limited due to Covid restrctions? Thinking about being sure to include a resort day in June, but if the pool is not going to be something we coud really spend time at it may not be worth it.

Thanks,
You do not need a reservation. It's first come / first served. Restrictions are in place for seating separation which is the primary cause for some capacity limitations if checking in later in the day. Once you are in they will not limit the time you spend there. You're good to go. You will be issued a wristband when you first check in with your MG. After that you can come and go as you want. The wristband process was in place pre-COVID so this is nothing new. There are also quiet pools you can utilize which have no restrictions.

You do not need a reservation. It's first come / first served. Restrictions are in place for seating separation which is the primary cause for some capacity limitations if checking in later in the day. Once you are in they will not limit the time you spend there. You're good to go. You will be issued a wristband when you first check in with your MG. After that you can come and go as you want. The wristband process was in place pre-COVID so this is nothing new. There are also quiet pools you can utilize which have no restrictions.
Perfect - thank you! Has it been crowded? We fly in on Monday the 21st of June....around lunch time. Our usual MO is to go straight to the park, but we are planning to slow our usual pace down and hoping that we may be able to spend the afternoon at the pool.

Just a quick PSA on the outage. As reported on the Technical Support forum there was a hack yesterday. It appears to be limited in user impact but the result was a restoration from earlier in the day that would cause some posts to have been deleted. I've attached the thread from the forum with the specific post from the Webmaster [post #2] but there are more details and speculation on some other posts on that forum and thread if you wish to explore!
Outage

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter