Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So I’m really disappointed. I waited on hold for almost two hours, exactly 60 days before our check in at the Beach Club, to be told that they have no available cabanas for rental during our entire stay. I had a cabana secured last year along with everything else that we wanted, so I’m wondering if this is the sign that I should just cancel the trip. 😭 I also did our dining this morning, and that was pretty rough as well. Thoughts? Do you think we will get to swim without a cabana reservation? I don’t want to wait in a two-hour line to enter our resort pool.

I check into Yacht Club on 6/1...reading this I feel like crying with you considering I was going to call them for one on my ADR day. At least I got one on Memorial Day for the first part of my split when I’m at the GF.

For Cabana rentals just keep checking back as guests change their plans often. There is no magic of 60 days out or nothing. To minimize phone waits please call earlier in the morning when every possible.

Dave

We booked a trip for Memorial Day week (29th to 4th) at Yacht Club, mostly for the pool. I called right at 60 days and we got a cabana for June 1 and 3, but we also have a pool day planned for Sunday the 30th and no cabana was available. We'll keep checking to see if there's a cancelation but we wonder what the policy is for coming/going from pool after you get there. For example if we get there at 8am and get our spot and at 11am we want to get food or just go for a walk around Crescent lake, can we leave our stuff at the pool and immediately reenter the pool when we get back, even if there is now a line? I'm really worried lines might be a problem since the Beach Club is reopening on 5/30, doubling the number of guests going to the pool

We booked a trip for Memorial Day week (29th to 4th) at Yacht Club, mostly for the pool. I called right at 60 days and we got a cabana for June 1 and 3, but we also have a pool day planned for Sunday the 30th and no cabana was available. We'll keep checking to see if there's a cancelation but we wonder what the policy is for coming/going from pool after you get there. For example if we get there at 8am and get our spot and at 11am we want to get food or just go for a walk around Crescent lake, can we leave our stuff at the pool and immediately reenter the pool when we get back, even if there is now a line? I'm really worried lines might be a problem since the Beach Club is reopening on 5/30, doubling the number of guests going to the pool

SAB is currently opening at 10 am. They checked our magic bands and gave us a little bracelet thing. That allowed us to enter in and out of the pool area all day. We could leave our stuff in the chairs, they just ask that you move the seat back forward when you’re done so they know which ones need to be cleaned. When we were checking in people would just show their band and get right in, BUT we also did not have to wait in line either of the days we went, so I don’t know for sure.

Can anyone tell me cost of the cabanas? We will be at BC from May 31-June 6 and are planning to swim the 31st and the 5th. I am not opposed to renting a cabana for one of those days, or even a half day.

Can anyone tell me cost of the cabanas? We will be at BC from May 31-June 6 and are planning to swim the 31st and the 5th. I am not opposed to renting a cabana for one of those days, or even a half day.

We stayed at BCV during our spring break when park passes were sold out for all parks and first reports had come out regarding lines for pools. We went to the pool twice and did have to wait to enter SAB in the early afternoon, but the wait was quite short—between 5-10 mins. There is obviously still time, but it seems to me that MDW so far doesn’t look quite as crowded as the week of March 13-20 was. You can also keep checking for cancellations on the cabanas. I hope you have a good time! We will be there then too but across the lake at Boardwalk this time.
Thank you! I’m trying to focus on being positive, but the trip is still so expensive that I’m hoping it still feels “worth it”. I can handle 5-10 minutes, but it’s still a little frustrating because I thought the resorts were also operating at reduced capacity to allow everyone staying there to have pool access. I hope you have a good time too! I heard that they remodeled the pool slide at BW. 😊

SAB is currently opening at 10 am. They checked our magic bands and gave us a little bracelet thing. That allowed us to enter in and out of the pool area all day. We could leave our stuff in the chairs, they just ask that you move the seat back forward when you’re done so they know which ones need to be cleaned. When we were checking in people would just show their band and get right in, BUT we also did not have to wait in line either of the days we went, so I don’t know for sure.
Oh that’s good to know!! Thank you! I guess we better plan to be there at 10:00 AM on our pool days, and for the afternoon pool time, we may or may not have to wait. That gives me some hope though! 😊

Oh that’s awesome for you though to get TWO cabana days! Today was our first day that I could call bc we check in on 5/30 at BC, and now I wish I would’ve started even earlier this morning than I did to call about one though it may not have mattered. I was on hold for two hours just to be told that they are booked for our entire week’s stay. Boo 😒

This is a good tip. When I called on Tuesday exactly at 7am there was no wait at all.
I waited until 9:00
For Cabana rentals just keep checking back as guests change their plans often. There is no magic of 60 days out or nothing. To minimize phone waits please call earlier in the morning when every possible.

Dave
I definitely should’ve called at 7:00. I waited until 9:00 and spent two hours on hold. Very good tip! I will also keep checking. I may just get lucky. 🤞

I booked for the second week in May and they would only rent full day due to Covid and it was a little over $300

Thank you! I’m trying to focus on being positive, but the trip is still so expensive that I’m hoping it still feels “worth it”. I can handle 5-10 minutes, but it’s still a little frustrating because I thought the resorts were also operating at reduced capacity to allow everyone staying there to have pool access. I hope you have a good time too! I heard that they remodeled the pool slide at BW. 😊

As far as I know, the DVC resorts such as BCV have been operating at regular full capacity.

If non DVC resorts are at limited capacity, I have not heard that it is related to making pool access easier.

Keep in mind that there are only 4 cabanas and they have only been available for full day (not half day) booking lately, so I would not expect them to be easy to book. I think it would be a mistake to tie your vacation anticipation satisfaction to the ability to book one.

Last edited:
I'm really worried lines might be a problem since the Beach Club is reopening on 5/30, doubling the number of guests going to the pool

Just FWIW, between YC and BCV the total unit count is around/approximately 903. BC reopening will add around 576, so 1,479 total, the largest deluxe resort room count on property and sixth largest currently open resort.

I can handle 5-10 minutes, but it’s still a little frustrating because I thought the resorts were also operating at reduced capacity to allow everyone staying there to have pool access.

Perhaps stating the obvious, but definitely don't go in expecting Disney to be limited capacity at the resorts. They'd likely sell every room if they could.

There's a real thin line, IMO, with the way Disney is currently operating the resorts and the guest experience. Overall I think the experience is fine and there is plenty of magic/vacation fun to be found.... BUT... things just get squeezed in new and different ways. SAB waits at peak times is one way (we had a brief capacity closure over Labor Day weekend way back in Sept 2020), lines for elevators, lines for the quick services and long mobile-ordering waits, crazy long lines at HH, etc. Granted everything I said above is describing peak experiences and not 24/7 situations, but they do happen of/on over the course of a stay depending on your timing.

Sorry for the tangent and the slight downer perspective, I just think it's best to keep an open mind at the moment. It was one thing last summer and into the fall when occupancies were low and generally things were fine. As travel returns, hot summer weather returns, Disney demand grows, I think some of the resort experiences are going to continue to feel the pressure at times.

Just FWIW, between YC and BCV the total unit count is around/approximately 903. BC reopening will add around 576, so 1,479 total, the largest deluxe resort room count on property and sixth largest currently open resort.
This is what is making me rethink our June trip. I even started looking at other options. Thank you for giving real numbers to consider. I booked a split stay, so ADRs are also a concern. I had thought we would enjoy a nice table service meal each evening. But with ADRS hard to obtain and possible pool issues, I just don't know anymore. We went in early August of 2020. Nothing seems to be opening except hotels and the crowds are getting larger. Now I am the downer.

This is what is making me rethink our June trip. I even started looking at other options. Thank you for giving real numbers to consider. I booked a split stay, so ADRs are also a concern. I had thought we would enjoy a nice table service meal each evening. But with ADRS hard to obtain and possible pool issues, I just don't know anymore. We went in early August of 2020. Nothing seems to be opening except hotels and the crowds are getting larger. Now I am the downer.

So maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, but personally I'm not close to the "don't go" camp. I think a few adjusted expectations are in order (probably could say the same about every vacation destination at the moment), but other than that the good outweighs the bad, IMO. Obviously a very individual opinion/perspective since we all tend to do WDW in different ways, but I'm generally pro-Disney trip right now if you know how things are working on property.

Also BC reopening doesn't automatically 500+ rooms of guests suddenly show up. I haven't checked in awhile but last I did I thought all room types were still available for that opening week.

Anyway, I wouldn't let posts get to you too much. If we get closer to your dates and large-scale trends start to develop, that's one thing. But at the moment, it is still the week before and upcoming week after Easter - traditionally among the busiest two weeks of the WDW year. Not that the past means anything anymore, but historically May is a lower crowd time and Memorial Day weekend is a bit of a small blip.

So maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, but personally I'm not close to the "don't go" camp. I think a few adjusted expectations are in order (probably could say the same about every vacation destination at the moment), but other than that the good outweighs the bad, IMO. Obviously a very individual opinion/perspective since we all tend to do WDW in different ways, but I'm generally pro-Disney trip right now if you know how things are working on property.

Also BC reopening doesn't automatically 500+ rooms of guests suddenly show up. I haven't checked in awhile but last I did I thought all room types were still available for that opening week.

Anyway, I wouldn't let posts get to you too much. If we get closer to your dates and large-scale trends start to develop, that's one thing. But at the moment, it is still the week before and upcoming week after Easter - traditionally among the busiest two weeks of the WDW year. Not that the past means anything anymore, but historically May is a lower crowd time and Memorial Day weekend is a bit of a small blip.
Thank you for the pep talk. I have been very pro-Disney trip until today. I am sure we will go and have a great time. Actually, we need to get one last ride on the Tragical Express. :earsboy: It is just one of "those days." Even in better times FP Day could be a bit of a let down when all didn't go as planned at 6 am sharp. But we always seemed to eventually get what we wanted.

Perhaps stating the obvious, but definitely don't go in expecting Disney to be limited capacity at the resorts. They'd likely sell every room if they could.

There's a real thin line, IMO, with the way Disney is currently operating the resorts and the guest experience. Overall I think the experience is fine and there is plenty of magic/vacation fun to be found.... BUT... things just get squeezed in new and different ways. SAB waits at peak times is one way (we had a brief capacity closure over Labor Day weekend way back in Sept 2020), lines for elevators, lines for the quick services and long mobile-ordering waits, crazy long lines at HH, etc. Granted everything I said above is describing peak experiences and not 24/7 situations, but they do happen of/on over the course of a stay depending on your timing.

Sorry for the tangent and the slight downer perspective, I just think it's best to keep an open mind at the moment. It was one thing last summer and into the fall when occupancies were low and generally things were fine. As travel returns, hot summer weather returns, Disney demand grows, I think some of the resort experiences are going to continued to feel the pressure at times.

Thank you for your thoughts! 😊 I appreciate your honestly. I’m trying to weigh and balance my expectations against reality along with trying to decide if we should just cancel the trip. We do have travel insurance, so I think we can wait and cancel pretty close to our arrival date. The only bummer is that we have the Military Salute tickets that have to be used by Sept of this year 😬

So I’m really disappointed. I waited on hold for almost two hours, exactly 60 days before our check in at the Beach Club, to be told that they have no available cabanas for rental during our entire stay.

So this confuses me. I thought it was 60 days from the day you want it. How could there be no availability for your whole stay? Is it 60 days + length of stay, like ADRs??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter