Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello Disers! I have a few questions about the boat to Hollywood Studios. We're staying at BC this spring. We've never stayed in an EP resort, and only once have I taken the boat from HS to the Boardwalk for a dinner. When we did, we were surprised and bit confused when we boarded to be told by the captain that we should get off at the first stop, and not the Boardwalk stop, and just walk over the bridge to Boardwalk. He was right: it was a short walk and it saved us time. Can someone tell me what the official order is of the boat stops, and, if we're staying at Beach Club, where's the best place to pick up the boat to HS, and where's the best place to get off, particularly if it's not the official BC stop? We'll likely be walking to and from EP, but boating between BC and HS. Thanks!

ETA: I do see the official order on the BC/YC info post--so I'm mostly checking to see if there's a more strategic way of grabbing and getting off the boat.
If you're not opposed to walking, we found we beat the boat every time :)

Hi!!
We are going to be at the BCV May 7 - 15 and cannot wait! It is my graduation present, I have been working fulltime and completing my degree fulltime the last two years :) It will also be my 38th bday on the May 8.
We are west coasters, having been to DL many times, however, this is our first ever east coast trip!
We are at USO for the first three nights, then a seven-night cruise on the DCL Fantasy, then BCV at WDW!! I am hoping we *might* get a renovated room? I am a little concerned with the construction that is going on at the BCV.
I have been paying close attention to this thread, as with the Canadian dollar crashing chances of us making it back anytime soon - so I don't want to miss a thing.

So.....hi all!!!!! ::MinnieMo

I *think* we will be staying at the Yacht Club in May, I reserved a standard view Club level room with the AP discount. Originally we were going to stay at POR on a BB offer, but things change.... Anyway, the lure of the location of the YC and trying Stormalong bay swayed us. Plus, the BC and YC are the only regular (not only DVC) resorts we haven't stayed at yet (well, except AOA and we only did one all star,but I digress :P), and even though I can't decide if it's really *worth it* or not we have been spoiled by CL recently and were kind of sad to not have it. So I booked. But I don't really know much about the YC, I've only been there as a guest to check it out. It's daunting learning a new resort! I intend to read through this when i can, and I did read the entire first page and last page, and I typically follow the CL thread but had usually glossed over info on the YC since we had no plans on staying there as we usually stay in the Mk area.

That was a long winded way of asking for quick and dirty advice on standard view CL YC rooms. I thought I remembered that some of them share a balcony, and if that's true there is no way i want those rooms. What are the chances, how many of them are there? I love balconies and views, but I would rather give up the balcony than share. That's just too weird for me, it's not a shared walkway but a shared balcony. Odd. second, what are the possible views in a standard room? I realize it's SV, so it wont be great, but will they all be those terrible views of huge, flat rooftops I seem to remember seeing somewhere? A small part of why we never stayed at the YC and BC was that there seemed to be so many less desirable views unless you pay for water view, and that jump was more than we wanted to make when we started out at a moderate. Maybe those views were not CL, what are the SV CL rooms looking at? Third, what are the chances of a daybed, and if there isn't one what is there instead? We only have 4 people, but one thing that really helps us enjoy the deluxe resorts over the values and moderates is having that couch to make it seem like there is more room, and to have places to sit other than the bed. Are there any room recommendations for SV CL or things I should know - like avoid room #### because it looks right at the dumpster, etc? Or try to get #### because it has a better view even though its classified standard. You know, things like that.

TIA for your help and advice, I'll be plugging my way through the thread!
Our last YC stay we first got quite possibly the worst standard view possible, at the end facing convention centre, garbage dump and service area, ugh. I went back down to desk and requested another room. It was one with the shared balcony. At first I was put off by the thought of it. But really it was fine. Out of our 12 days I only saw anyone on it twice. And sitting in the chairs in front of your balcony door, you can't see anyone unless they walk out to the edge by railing. Aside from 2 sightings I was the only one using it.

The large shared balconies are in the front of the resort above the portico. Actually an enjoyable view. Looking straight ahead you only see trees. To the left I could see the bus stop in the distance, looking down good people watching seeing the comings and goings.

Hi Dee! Can you please remove me from BOG for Nov 2016, just switched to Poly for my very first club level trip! I love the Beach & Yacht Club and will return. Thank you again for all of your time and effort on this thread, it has been so helpful with every trip!

So I made one last final change and we are now staying at BC for the whole trip!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how DH convinced me to switch our value resort (where we were saving money to stay CL at BC) to YC! Of course then I went and changed it to BC CL (still a surprise). Thank goodness Disney had a great military discount (and it was available for our last minute changes!) or we would not be able to do this! I'm still hoping to find a money tree buried under all the snow but I know it will be worth it to make memories with the girls before DH leaves this summer on a deployment.

I think packing is the only thing left for me to stress over! The count down is on!

P.S. Dee, I checked out the BOG list and felt like we were sprinkled with pixie dust seeing the kissing smilies by our name. Thank you!!!

Woo hoo - they have put the uk 2017 prices on the wdw website and 14 nights at the Yacht Club with a garden view are within our planned budget :flower1:

The bad news is that we don't get get many room discounts in the uk and only rack rates are available BUT come April we have free ddp :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
Sooo just have to be patient and wait until end of April to book.

Just because you're in the UK, doesn't mean you can't make the most of a good room discount if you wanted to. We booked a magical deal for our stay at YC this year, from right here in beautiful Birmingham, England usinga US based travel agent :)

We had originally booked POR with the free QS DDP, but when these offers came out, it was cheaper for us to lose the £100 deposit on the UK free dining plan booking we had, and re-book the YC without a dining plan. Of course we'll now have to pay for our food, but the YC package we have is a good £400+ cheaper than the POR package we had was, so that's a good start to the food budget.

I'd recommend booking your Garden View with free dining, but be open to the idea of using a room only discount if at some point in time an amazing deal came up.

Woo hoo - they have put the uk 2017 prices on the wdw website and 14 nights at the Yacht Club with a garden view are within our planned budget :flower1:

The bad news is that we don't get get many room discounts in the uk and only rack rates are available BUT come April we have free ddp :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

I can't see any 2017 dates on the site, the calendar stops at December 2016.
Were looking to book two weeks at the YC in November 2017.

page 375-377

I'm beyond excited to officially ask..... May I be added to the BOG list?!?!?? :yay::banana::beach::wave2:::yes::

I'm a big time lurker here .... I've read through everything and I'm constantly soaking it all in. Our last trip was sept 2014 at Boardwalk and we fell in love with the area. We can't wait until we experience BC!!! Our dates are November 29-December 9 2016.

:welcome:

I am thrilled to be adding you to the list.

:woohoo:

Yes, that is exactly what I am thinking. :) YC fits our needs more, but I am willing to switch if the YC rooms are needing refurb badly. We stayed at the Poly right before a refurb and were fine, but I have read so many negatives about YC that it still makes me wonder.

I have read that there are less than favorable reviews on trip advisor (I think a lot of the Disney resorts get slammed there). FWIW, we haven't had people coming back to this thread after their vacations with horror stories. About the most we are hearing is some dings and scratches in the room. I know the biggest issues I experienced at the Beach Club prior to renovation were in the public spaces/hallways. Some fading in the carpeting and tears in upholstrey in the hallway furniture.

If others with recent YC stays have experienced a lot of wear and tear in the YC rooms, please let us know.

:thumbsup2

Oh, no! My very first homework assignment and I'm going to get a Needs Improvement. :laughing: I don't know the room number. But, If you're standing in the parking lot, looking at the portico, our room was the one on the far right. It was a CL Standard Yacht Club room.

No worries! It was a pop quiz and I grade on a curve.

:teacher:

Please let us know when you are official!

::yes::

I am happy to say we just booked today 8/26 - 9/4 at Beach Club! Our first stay at BC.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:cool1:

Hi!!
We are going to be at the BCV May 7 - 15 and cannot wait! It is my graduation present, I have been working fulltime and completing my degree fulltime the last two years :) It will also be my 38th bday on the May 8.
We are west coasters, having been to DL many times, however, this is our first ever east coast trip!
We are at USO for the first three nights, then a seven-night cruise on the DCL Fantasy, then BCV at WDW!! I am hoping we *might* get a renovated room? I am a little concerned with the construction that is going on at the BCV.
I have been paying close attention to this thread, as with the Canadian dollar crashing chances of us making it back anytime soon - so I don't want to miss a thing.

So.....hi all!!!!! ::MinnieMo

:welcome: and congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

Sounds like an amazing celebration trip! Where are you staying at the Theme Park that Must Not Be Named? I have a couple (or 3) trip reports with stays at the Portofino and Hard Rock, including one split with Disney (the Hijinks report in my signature). Recent trip including Diagon Alley is the Freezing Florida one.

:thumbsup2

Hi Dee! Can you please remove me from BOG for Nov 2016, just switched to Poly for my very first club level trip! I love the Beach & Yacht Club and will return. Thank you again for all of your time and effort on this thread, it has been so helpful with every trip!

Will do. Have a fantastic trip! Feel free to hang out here with the cool kids if you are so inclined.

:goodvibes

So I made one last final change and we are now staying at BC for the whole trip!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how DH convinced me to switch our value resort (where we were saving money to stay CL at BC) to YC! Of course then I went and changed it to BC CL (still a surprise). Thank goodness Disney had a great military discount (and it was available for our last minute changes!) or we would not be able to do this! I'm still hoping to find a money tree buried under all the snow but I know it will be worth it to make memories with the girls before DH leaves this summer on a deployment.

I think packing is the only thing left for me to stress over! The count down is on!

P.S. Dee, I checked out the BOG list and felt like we were sprinkled with pixie dust seeing the kissing smilies by our name. Thank you!!!

Got it!

I'm glad you liked the embellishment on your BOG listing.

And if I haven't said anything yet, thank you to your DH for his service and to your family for your sacrifices.

:grouphug:

I can't see any 2017 dates on the site, the calendar stops at December 2016.
Were looking to book two weeks at the YC in November 2017.

:welcome: to the thread. Hopefully one of our friends here from across the pond can help you out with info about where/when you can find the info for 2017.

::yes::

Does anyone have a picture of what a shared balcony looks like? Thanks!!

:welcome: to the thread.

Yes. I think there is a link to this post, which is on the Yacht Club View Thread on the Resorts Community subforum, a page or two back.

Room 4176
Standard View
Over Yacht Club Front Entrance Portico
Extra Large (3 room? balcony)
At least one connecting door between two of the rooms.

Here's another:

shared balcony.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Our last YC stay we first got quite possibly the worst standard view possible, at the end facing convention centre, garbage dump and service area, ugh. I went back down to desk and requested another room. It was one with the shared balcony. At first I was put off by the thought of it. But really it was fine. Out of our 12 days I only saw anyone on it twice. And sitting in the chairs in front of your balcony door, you can't see anyone unless they walk out to the edge by railing. Aside from 2 sightings I was the only one using it.

The large shared balconies are in the front of the resort above the portico. Actually an enjoyable view. Looking straight ahead you only see trees. To the left I could see the bus stop in the distance, looking down good people watching seeing the comings and goings.

Ok, this possibly worries me more (or at least as much) as the possibility of a shared balcony. It seems like there are more bad views at the YC than the other deluxe resorts we've stayed at. I mean, at the GF RPC my only worry was a tree blocking one of the views in our room category, and at the Poly GV CL(when there isn't construction) the only real difference is distance to the lounge (I guess except no balconies on the second floor, which sucks, but we've never had one of those rooms), and at the CR SV CL it was again only the distance to the lounge. I guess, to be fair, at the WL deluxe room CL there are a few different views but none are really that bad. Is this the case, or am I just worried about nothing? I was looking at touring plans, and on their map there seems to be one random SV CL room (room 5163) that looks like it faces the water. Does anyone know about this? I realize even if it's true I shouldn't hope for one specific room, but I was just curious. Also, do all rooms have balconies? I think, and maybe this is a dumb decision, i would rather have a so-so view and a balcony than a better view and no balcony (still with the worries about the shared balcony :oops:)

I realize we did book SV and aren't willing to pony up the difference for water/lagoon view so we get what we booked and it has the least desireable views, so I should just chill and enjoy that we are at a deluxe resort Club level. I just can't help my competitiveness, if that's the right word, and want to get the 'best of the worst' if possible :D

Thanks for putting up with my neurotic worries about this :crazy2:

Ok, this possibly worries me more (or at least as much) as the possibility of a shared balcony. It seems like there are more bad views at the YC than the other deluxe resorts we've stayed at. I mean, at the GF RPC my only worry was a tree blocking one of the views in our room category, and at the Poly GV CL(when there isn't construction) the only real difference is distance to the lounge (I guess except no balconies on the second floor, which sucks, but we've never had one of those rooms), and at the CR SV CL it was again only the distance to the lounge. I guess, to be fair, at the WL deluxe room CL there are a few different views but none are really that bad. Is this the case, or am I just worried about nothing? I was looking at touring plans, and on their map there seems to be one random SV CL room (room 5163) that looks like it faces the water. Does anyone know about this? I realize even if it's true I shouldn't hope for one specific room, but I was just curious. Also, do all rooms have balconies? I think, and maybe this is a dumb decision, i would rather have a so-so view and a balcony than a better view and no balcony (still with the worries about the shared balcony :oops:)

I realize we did book SV and aren't willing to pony up the difference for water/lagoon view so we get what we booked and it has the least desireable views, so I should just chill and enjoy that we are at a deluxe resort Club level. I just can't help my competitiveness, if that's the right word, and want to get the 'best of the worst' if possible :D

Well this probably doesn't help, but the room you are talking about, 5163 is the only room I know about at the Yacht Club without a full balcony. I thought it was water view, but maybe because of the lack of balcony, it is classified as Standard View. I don't know.

For the most part, the rooms at the YC CL SV are not bad in my opinion. Most will overlook the parking lot of the resort (with a possible view of Magic Kingdom fireworks) or will overlook one of the pebble roofs. I always book the standard view category because the view is not that important to me, but I really do like a balcony to sit out on in the morning or at night. Most of the time when I am out there, it is too dark to see very much.

You are the only one who will be able to decide if you can accept the risks of the category you booked... a possible room with a shared balcony, a possible room with no balcony (very low percentage) or a room with a very bad view. Or if you should try to see if there are other options out there that will cause you less stress.

If you stick with the YC CL SV category, perhaps your request should be "near elevators, not a shared balcony" to get away from the end of the hallway rooms with the worst views.

:)

Last edited:
Natebenma,
There is also one room CL at the YC without a balcony, at all. I was given it in 2012 for a one night stay. It is a two queen room. It wasn't a big deal, because I wanted to relax at SAB. It was ready at noon when I checked in, I liked that.
It overlooks the gardens. I'm fairly sure it's Standard view, though. I don't think I would have paid for a view for a one night stay.
It was close to the elevators which was handy. :)

Have you checked the price difference between SV and GV? It's usually only a few dollars different.

Sorry if this has been asked, but have pictures been posted of the refurbished YC concierge lounge?

I don't love the idea of sharing a balcony, but I have to admit that it has one of the best SV views at the YC, and at least you get lots of space out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter