Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We didn't change our home resort, we just changed our reservation. BCV is our home resort, but didn't have any availability for our dates when we booked VWL in the morning. A few hours later we looked on the member site again and BCV availability popped up so we switched our reservation.

Oh...I thought it sounded too good to be true...oh well, it got me excited there for a moment...LOL. Thanks for the clarification!

I haven't heard anything. Did the Captain's Grille go through a recent (like past couple of years) rehab or am I thinking of the Cape May? I doubt anyone at the resort, including managers, will be able to give a definitive answer. They may give an answer, but I don't know that I would trust it. Even if there are plans, they can change quickly or even be cancelled. Best indication would be if you couldn't get a dining reservation there.
Kind of what I was thinking too as I remember it being down and it did look a little different last December when I was there. However, checking to make a reservation during my stay (Dec. 11 - 17) there were no times available (morning to evening) during that time period. That suggests to me that there was a system problem or it was closed. I haven't gone back in to look lately but perhaps I will this weekend and I'll let you know if anything has changed.
Katesdad

It's all in the timing :) and JetBlue will credit you if the price goes down even more (or they used to at least)[/QUOTE]

How does this work- do you call the airline or do you make changes to your reservation by cancelling and rebooking? Is there a fee involved ($75-$150)?

It's all in the timing :) and JetBlue will credit you if the price goes down even more (or they used to at least)

How does this work- do you call the airline or do you make changes to your reservation by cancelling and rebooking? Is there a fee involved ($75-$150)?[/QUOTE]

It happened to us once. I called Jetblue & they issued credits to each traveler in the amount the flight price went down. You have one year from the date you called to use the credits. So it's not applied to your current flight price. Also no fee involved. So it pays to check your flight price every day. You never know.

M

It's all in the timing :) and JetBlue will credit you if the price goes down even more (or they used to at least)

It is no longer free to change if the price goes down. It changed last year. Bummer as I got a few credits before the change. We love JetBlue also. We had a problem on a flight last year and they credited our accounts with $15 each for the Direct TV not working.

Hi guys! Someone asked about the July activities calendar. It will be available on July 1. I can't wait to see it!

26 days.....:banana:

Our Magic Bands arrived yesterday!

Has anyone rented a car from the Dolphin? I'm renting one for the day from Alamo and I was wondering if it was a quick experience for you....in line and/or waiting for the valet to bring you the car, etc. We are on a time constraint. I'm taking a tour of the Disney Fantasy and need to be in the lobby of the ship at 10am. Alamo doesn't open until 8am. Thanks!

It is no longer free to change if the price goes down. It changed last year. Bummer as I got a few credits before the change. We love JetBlue also. We had a problem on a flight last year and they credited our accounts with $15 each for the Direct TV not working.
Aw bummer, thanks for letting us know :)

Hi guys! Someone asked about the July activities calendar. It will be available on July 1. I can't wait to see it!

Has anyone rented a car from the Dolphin? I'm renting one for the day from Alamo and I was wondering if it was a quick experience for you....in line and/or waiting for the valet to bring you the car, etc. We are on a time constraint. I'm taking a tour of the Disney Fantasy and need to be in the lobby of the ship at 10am. Alamo doesn't open until 8am. Thanks!
Yay for Magic Bands!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I can't be of help with the car rentals

12 days, I'm so jealous!!! Just 9 for us, though 9 is pretty sweet too!!

Maybe we will see you around the resort. I will be the tired looking grey haired guy with the three good looking redheads!! I'll be easy to spot!!

Jay

If you check out the pictures of the annual dis meets you'll be able to spot me too. Hope we run into each other!

I have not rented from Alamo/National at the Dolphin in about a year, but have rented there on a number of occasions. If there was a wait, it's only been about 5-10 minutes.

A real time-saver is going to be having your car already reserved; if you are an Alamo "Insider," it might also speed up the process.

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/insider.html

I would suggest trying to be there about 5-10 minutes before they are scheduled to open, so that you can be first in line. The car only takes a couple of minutes to be driven up to the front for you.

There is also an online check-in available, but not positive about its use for Dolphin pick-up. That would certainly speed up process.

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

We've rented at the Dolphin many times. Sometimes there can be a wait if someone is ahead of you, but I've been lucky since usually nobody is there when I arrive. I can only remember one time there was a person ahead of me that was having some sort of problem and they didn't speak English, it was a long long wait. That seems like a really tight time line for you guys, I would recommend renting the day before you leave so you'll already have the car parked over at the BC. :D

That was me! Thanks!! Our magic bands came this week too....23 days for us!! Oh, and we'll have a car if you need any company on your cruise ship tour :laughing::laughing:

I have not rented from Alamo/National at the Dolphin in about a year, but have rented there on a number of occasions. If there was a wait, it's only been about 5-10 minutes.

A real time-saver is going to be having your car already reserved; if you are an Alamo "Insider," it might also speed up the process.

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/insider.html

I would suggest trying to be there about 5-10 minutes before they are scheduled to open, so that you can be first in line. The car only takes a couple of minutes to be driven up to the front for you.

There is also an online check-in available, but not positive about its use for Dolphin pick-up. That would certainly speed up process.

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

Thanks for the info! I'm already checked in. I was hoping there would be a kiosk there to expedite the process but I doubt there's one.

We've rented at the Dolphin many times. Sometimes there can be a wait if someone is ahead of you, but I've been lucky since usually nobody is there when I arrive. I can only remember one time there was a person ahead of me that was having some sort of problem and they didn't speak English, it was a long long wait. That seems like a really tight time line for you guys, I would recommend renting the day before you leave so you'll already have the car parked over at the BC. :D

I was thinking of doing this! Great minds think alike! I'd love to take a drive over to Cast Connection and Property Control (I'm a CM) so I might just do this.

That was me! Thanks!! Our magic bands came this week too....23 days for us!! Oh, and we'll have a car if you need any company on your cruise ship tour :laughing::laughing:

You're very welcome! Isn't it exciting when the MB's come? It makes it seem so real!
I'm sure we will see you at some point around SAB. Our plan of attack is to hang at SAB from opening to mid-afternoon then hit the parks in the evening for dinner. It's less crowded and typically cooler later in the day. We close the parks each night. Repeat day after day (except for the day I'm heading on the ship!). My husband is taking our three kids to Cocoa Beach for the day while I'm on my tour. I can't wait! I've never been on a cruise ship before. I just wish i was a passenger. :laughing: Wish I could bring you along with me!!! :car:

You're very welcome! Isn't it exciting when the MB's come? It makes it seem so real!
I'm sure we will see you at some point around SAB. Our plan of attack is to hang at SAB from opening to mid-afternoon then hit the parks in the evening for dinner. It's less crowded and typically cooler later in the day. We close the parks each night. Repeat day after day (except for the day I'm heading on the ship!). My husband is taking our three kids to Cocoa Beach for the day while I'm on my tour. I can't wait! I've never been on a cruise ship before. I just wish i was a passenger. :laughing: Wish I could bring you along with me!!! :car:

That is exactly our same plan! We booked all our FPs for after 6:00 and we're just going to chill and swim or golf or whatever during the first part of the day. We are night people and love the parks at night!!

Can I ask your Fast Pass plan opinion?
We land at 3:10 PM on a Tuesday, picking up rental car. Est arrival at Beach Club?? 4:30?? What time should I book my first FP for Epcot? And, should I book a dinner at Via Napoli for 6:30 that night? That time is open or should I just counter service?

Thank you for your help.

Can I ask your Fast Pass plan opinion?
We land at 3:10 PM on a Tuesday, picking up rental car. Est arrival at Beach Club?? 4:30?? What time should I book my first FP for Epcot? And, should I book a dinner at Via Napoli for 6:30 that night? That time is open or should I just counter service?

Thank you for your help.

Depends on how fast your luggage comes thru and how long the line is at the rental counter, plus traffic. I wouldn't expect to be at BC until close to 5pm. I wouldn't book a dinner before 7pm, but that's just me. Counter service might be your better option since all table service restaurants have the 24 hour cancellation policy. I'd hate for something to delay you (which has happened to us several times).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter