Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone. we got in Thursday afternoon. We are having a great time. We've been to Magic Kingdom, Studios and Epcot for a little while each place. We also spent a couple of hours in the pool. So awesome. Anyway, right now I'm having a hard time uploading my pictures but as soon as I can, I'll post my room view here (and wherever else Dee requests). I can also confirm that there are serious scuff marks on the doors on the fifth floor. Of course that is having zero impact on our vacation so far. So awesome. We are headed to Epcot today. Either tomorrow or Monday, I will post some pictures from the resort as it is live.

Also, yes the second floor is closed off in the lobby. They are still putting some people on that floor but are sending them to the back elevator to go up to that floor. Hopefully I'll have more in a couple of days.

This is probably a silly question, since I'm sure I would've found something about it in all the reading through of this thread, but..... Does SAB have cabanas that can be rented like the other deluxe resorts? Thanks!

"Yes, We Have No Cabanas"

:banana::banana::banana:

No, unfortunately, there are no rental cabanas at SAB or the other Yacht and Beach Club pools.

:cool2:

I thought about switching my Wednesday from AK/ceramics class/blizzard beach to BB/ceramics class/AK - but it appears AK will be less crowded in the morning and why not do the water park in the hotter part of the day. How many hours do you need to go on all the slides, not interested in laying out on display in the sun or shade?

We love the WPs! To go on ALL the slides, I'd say you need at least 4 hours or so. We don't do Summit Plummet or Slush Gusher. The lines can get quite long. We do the lazy river, Teamboat Springs at least 2x, the wave pool and a couple other slides but we are done after 3 hours or so. Have fun!! Oh, and the food at Lottawatta is pretty good.

FYI- I posted the arrival chapter and trip report title reveal for "I Can Organize This Trip in My Sleep"

Next on the agenda- get caught up here again, on my two other reports and all of the reports I have subscribed to.

:goodvibes:

I will be at the Yacht Club in April next year! Can't wait. I'll be flying over from the UK; and the one thing that concerns me is I've head about lower limits on aircon in the rooms, (which I believe is 72F?); Being from an island with persistently crap weather and climate - and thus much lower average temperatures - I won't be able to sleep in that kind of heat (being 72F). I've also read there are tricks you can use to override the thermostats; but presuming this doesn't work for reason XYZ, would the front desk and/or maintenance people be willing to help us out with this? -- I mean, it's not like you don't already pay enough to stay there; sleeping comfortably shouldn't be too much to ask!

Ah right, I was under the impression that 72F was as low as it would go?
We had a refurbished room when we were there in April and the air conditioner went below 68. And the room has a ceiling fan. I think the value resorts might have the most complaints about the a/c, since they have a different system and no ceiling fans.

Last edited:
I thought about switching my Wednesday from AK/ceramics class/blizzard beach to BB/ceramics class/AK - but it appears AK will be less crowded in the morning and why not do the water park in the hotter part of the day. How many hours do you need to go on all the slides, not interested in laying out on display in the sun or shade?

Animal Kingdom is a half-day park for us, and we agree, it is SOOOOOO hot there.

Our typical strategy is to go to AK as early as possible (EMH), then when we are done, we hop onto a bus to Blizzard Beach to cool off.

::yes::

page 48-

By the way, can you add me to the BOG list YC 9/29 - 10/3. That is subject to change if Disney comes out with AP discounts in Oct/Nov for later in F&W.

:welcome:

Thanks for the tea advice. I would be delighted to add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes:

Hi Dee :D My dates are correct but my user name is misspelled. It's TigrLvsPooh with no "u" in Luvs (Lvs). No big deal but if someone was searching for me they might not see my trip dates or the links you provided to my trip reports and photos.

Got it!

I'll make the change.

:)

Also if you still want my fireworks cruise video the link is this:

As always you are welcome to use any of my pics or reports. I love to help if I can! :) Thanks so much for all your hard work, I don't know how you do it!!!!! :worship: :love:

Thank you so much!!!

I will link the video to the post where I have Illuminations Fireworks Cruise reviews.

:woohoo:

As an update to the construction noise, we checked in yesterday and beach club was great about meeting requests for a high floor since they are on floor 2 of renovations, I thought going high would solve the problem. Problem is even tho we are on 4th floor the noise travels right up thru the thin walls and vents if they are below you, and they must be below us cuz it's loud. The walls vibrate n saws constant.
Good news is it's 930 and it just started. Seems to be 9, 9:30 until 5.
Hotel is still great and if u are in a wing where they are not working, u won't know it's happening. Renovated rooms are fantastic, better than expected!!

Thank so much for sharing your experiences about the construction impact with us!

:thumbsup2

page 49

I love Yellowstone. It makes all my daily toils seem insignificant compared to things like yellowstone falls emptying into the yellowstone grand canyon and all the geysers as a result of standing in the world's largest caldera. It snowed on us in July at Lake Yellowstone Lodge. I would love to go spend two weeks there and really get off the beaten path. Enjoy.

Thanks! This is going to be a very different trip for us! Although after the winter we had here in New England, I can do without the snow!

:rotfl:

Would you mind adding me to your Be Our Guest list?

Disneyholic42509
BC August 11-16, 2015

Will do!!!

:goodvibes

We will be at the Yacht Club September 26 - October 6. Thanks for adding us to Be Our Guest List.

:welcome:

Happy to add you to the list.

:cool1:

Has anyone rented a car from the Dolphin? I'm renting one for the day from Alamo and I was wondering if it was a quick experience for you....in line and/or waiting for the valet to bring you the car, etc. We are on a time constraint. I'm taking a tour of the Disney Fantasy and need to be in the lobby of the ship at 10am. Alamo doesn't open until 8am. Thanks!

I'll use the responses you received to your question to put some information up on Page 1.

:thumbsup2

That is really cool about the cruise ship tour!

:sail:

Last edited:
Just for the heck of it I went onto the WDW site today to poke around. I was told I that tonight (technically tomorrow) at midnight was my time to book FP+ times. I clicked on the FP+ link and lo and behold I could start booking them!! I could't believe it! I got everything I wanted at all of the times I wanted. I even booked the Anna & Elsa meet on a whim after I booked everything else (my kids are 13 and 17 so no big deal to them) for fun and got the exact time I wanted for that as well!

The moral of the story is to always go in and check because you never know. Also, don't sweat the going on at midnight deal because I went in at 10:00 am (I'm assuming I could of gone on last night at midnight) and got everything I wanted. Don't stress, it will all work out!!

Jay

Just for the heck of it I went onto the WDW site today to poke around. I was told I that tonight (technically tomorrow) at midnight was my time to book FP+ times. I clicked on the FP+ link and lo and behold I could start booking them!! I could't believe it! I got everything I wanted at all of the times I wanted. I even booked the Anna & Elsa meet on a whim after I booked everything else (my kids are 13 and 17 so no big deal to them) for fun and got the exact time I wanted for that as well!

The moral of the story is to always go in and check because you never know. Also, don't sweat the going on at midnight deal because I went in at 10:00 am (I'm assuming I could of gone on last night at midnight) and got everything I wanted. Don't stress, it will all work out!!

Jay
That's my plan on Monday night, at 9:00pM pacific it's midnight EST so I figure I can start booking my FPs on 6/22 after 9:00. Sometimes it pays to be in a different time zone ::yes::

That's my plan on Monday night, at 9:00pM pacific it's midnight EST so I figure I can start booking my FPs on 6/22 after 9:00. Sometimes it pays to be in a different time zone ::yes::
This seems to be the ONE instance in planning a trip to DW that has worked in our favor!! :ssst:

Finally back home - wonderful trip made perfect by the awesomeness that is Beach Club. Here are some photos of the lobby where you can see the plastic on the second level where they are working on it. They are also working on the first floor rooms (at least ones close to the lobby).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 108
Here are a few room pics (room 5632 - a few rooms down the hall from the CL lobby). It was a dormer room with full balcony. No day bed but it was nice to have the extra space. I liked the Roman shades and the view from the balcony was perfect! You could easily see the Epcot fireworks and could see Boardwalk by looking to the right. DH and I agreed that the food we had in the CL lounge was some of the best we had at Disney - no joke - and it was so nice to have the extra space to hang out in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 117
Hi everyone! We are getting ready for our first stay at the Beach Club in just 3 weeks. We are usually at AKL so this resort is all new to us but my oldest just begged to stay here this time and since it's her 16th birthday trip I caved!

Any pointers are making the most of our stay here? We plan on taking advantage of the pool for sure but is there anything else we should know or be doing? Thanks!!

Oh and we will be there July 13th - July 18th!

Here are a few room pics (room 5632 - a few rooms down the hall from the CL lobby). It was a dormer room with full balcony. No day bed but it was nice to have the extra space. I liked the Roman shades and the view from the balcony was perfect! You could easily see the Epcot fireworks and could see Boardwalk by looking to the right. DH and I agreed that the food we had in the CL lounge was some of the best we had at Disney - no joke - and it was so nice to have the extra space to hang out in.
Thanks for sharing all of the photos and updates. Was your room classified as Garden View or Standard View? It looked like a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter