Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Oh, I feel for you on the license thing!!! That was my nightmare last summer. My son Nate is now in possession of the most expensive driver's license in history and it was a struggle every step of the way. 3 driving schools when his first closed down, and the second instructor was a senile jerk. We made full payment to 2 of the schools. Then, 1 month before his learner's permit expired, and before going away to college, he needed to get 6 hours of driving instruction and schedule a road test, which involved more time on the phone calls than if I was getting Springsteen* tickets.

* ETA: Change my dated Springsteen ticket reference that shows my age to "Hamilton"

He now has a license, but has not been behind the wheel since (no car at college, so we decided not to insure him until May).

My younger son starts driver's ed in April.

Where did you say I can get one of those Sunken Treasures???

:car: :drinking1 :faint:

Oh believe me I know the pain of getting tickets for both Springsteen (although I'm not really a fan-don't kill me!) and Hamilton. Constantly my teens are either a.) quoting it or b.) singing it.

My middle one won't be starting driver's ed until a year and a half from now and it will be welcome because biggest sister goes away to college a year from this coming fall. Fingers crossed that DH & I get at least a year of help with driving! I desperately need someone to share the driving around here all 3 kids have a much bigger social/extracurricular life than I do!

So, we are no longer CL- I got an AP for the discounts and possibly (if my husband relents) going again in 11 months, and saved $200/night switching to a GV with no CL.
And FYI, the CM who helped me for 2 hours said his system said the room renos would be done by May. I'm not sure how true that is, but just what he told me!

That's a great question and one that has been field-tested (but not by me).

After chaperoning the class trip of 120 13-14 year olds, one of the teachers extended his trip with a stay at the Beach Club. I clued him in about the Sunken Treasure and he asked if it was available frozen.

He sent me a picture- I'll find that and edit it in.

View attachment 222798

The bartender told him there was too much juice in the treasure so it was better to avoid the frozen.

Your mileage may vary.

I meant to try it out myself, but I am super frugal with money and calories so I didn't waste/waist either on a taste test.

:drinking1

Thanks, Dee! I didn't think to do search. Looks good frozen. May have to save up for 1 of each.
Sarah

Hamilton? Did somebody say Hamilton?

My Hamilton obsession is almost greater than my Disney obsession.

I discovered last year during the Tony Awards that my middle daughter was obsessed with Hamilton. Had no idea. I managed to get tickets for her birthday (we're going in May). My son, who is nine, also wants to see it. He might have to wait a while. Stalking that twitter feed was a full-time gig, I swear, and I already have one of those.

I ordered park passes for our hypothetical trip next August (2018) from Undercover Tourist while they still had older passes (with no expiration date). The difference in price from the UT price and what the Disney site showed was over $100 per ticket. That's crazy.

I admit, I'm curious to try the frozen Sunken Treasure. I still remember our last trip, where I spilled my regular drink on the ground and my son yelled, "Poor mommy dropped her precious!"

I discovered last year during the Tony Awards that my middle daughter was obsessed with Hamilton. Had no idea. I managed to get tickets for her birthday (we're going in May). My son, who is nine, also wants to see it. He might have to wait a while. Stalking that twitter feed was a full-time gig, I swear, and I already have one of those.

You'll love it. It's absolutely amazing when you see it live. Better than the hype.

@natebenma, appreciate the Hamilton reference!! I'm not a fan, oldest son not a fan (prefers the classics) but our other two boys LOVE it. I was able to get Chicago tickets yesterday for . . . $62 each!!!! Very stressful because the inexpensive, non-obstructed view tickets went super fast. Going in August. :)

Still following along for YC renovation news - can't wait for more photos!!

Hi Everyone!! I need some advice, family of 4 going to WDW in April (13-21). We have the POFQ booked now but with an AP discount was considering changing to the Poly or BC. While I love all those resorts, I was wondering if anyone has had first hand experiences at these resorts for Easter. My kids love the candy scramble and I was wondering if the BC's candy scramble was insanely crowded? The one we did at POFR was awesome and not crowded at all. I'm trying to choose a resort that will make Easter special for us. If anyone can provide any info, I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

I ordered park passes for our hypothetical trip next August (2018) from Undercover Tourist while they still had older passes (with no expiration date). The difference in price from the UT price and what the Disney site showed was over $100 per ticket. That's crazy.

I admit, I'm curious to try the frozen Sunken Treasure. I still remember our last trip, where I spilled my regular drink on the ground and my son yelled, "Poor mommy dropped her precious!"
Wow, $100 per ticket? Hmmm. Might have to check this out. Thanks.

:welcome:

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. Beach Club?

The sleeping arrangements for 5 adults in the room will be two queen beds and a daybed (which is very comfortable). In very rare situations, if all daybed rooms are booked when you check in, you may be assigned to a room without a daybed, but a rollaway cot (fairly comfortable) would be provided. But with 5 adult-sized humans, you should get a daybed room.

I'll defer to others on the villa questions (although you will find some discussion/comparisons in Post 16 of the thread). The remodeled villas just started allowing 5 to a room, with the addition of a pulldown or trundle bed in the rooms (check out Post 10/11 for pictures and info about the villas).

Speaking of the first page in the thread- we try to keep it updated with all of the info from this ginormous thread so that it isn't necessary to read every post. Start off by looking there, especially the first post, which has a table of contents, Post 13 FAQ and Post 14 Other Useful Info to give you a quick introduction to the resort.

:cool1:

Will do!!!

:woohoo:
Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the information on this thread. We are staying at Beach Club Aug 26-Sept 4.

As Dee suggested, take the time to read Page 1 of this thread. It has amazing current information.
As far as the BCVillas, I think the 5th sleeping space would not fit a full size adult. It is a pull down bed that seems better suited to a child/small adult. But to answer your other question, if you book a DVC Villa directly through Disney you would get daily Mousekeeping. The Studio Villa also has a kitchenette, if that interests you.
Thank you for the reply. I did read the information on the first page, but was concerned about the bed sizes in the regular rooms vs. the villa. I was hoping others had experience in this area and could share their feelings on it.
It seems to me that for my 18 year old son, the bed in the regular rooms might be slightly bigger for him.
Thank you again for the info.

FYI: I just got three text messages from my TP reservation finder that breakfast reservations were available for the Bon Voyage breakfast in early May.

Hi Everyone!! I need some advice, family of 4 going to WDW in April (13-21). We have the POFQ booked now but with an AP discount was considering changing to the Poly or BC. While I love all those resorts, I was wondering if anyone has had first hand experiences at these resorts for Easter. My kids love the candy scramble and I was wondering if the BC's candy scramble was insanely crowded? The one we did at POFR was awesome and not crowded at all. I'm trying to choose a resort that will make Easter special for us. If anyone can provide any info, I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Our most recent BC stay was Easter of 2015, and our room overlooked the candy scramble! It didn't look crowded at all - quite pleasant! And our youngest would have joined in, but was eager to get to Epcot! I really do enjoy BC for Easter stays.

March Activities Schedule

March 2017

Stormalong Bay Pool Party - Monday, Wednesday, Friday 12:30 to 1:30 and Saturday at 2 pm

Campfire time for March is 6 pm on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Movie follows at 7:30PM on the Beach Club Volleyball Court on those days. Movie (no campfire) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be shown in the Beach Club Solarium.
March 2017 Movie Schedule popcorn::

Sun- Moana (Rated PG) Note: Sunday March 5: Lilo & Stitch (PG)
Mon- Tangled (PG) in Solarium
Tues- Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo (G) Note: Tues March 7: Moana (PG)
Wed- Finding Dory (PG) in Solarium
Thurs-Tinker Bell (G)
Fri - Beauty and the Beast (Animated 1991) (G) in Solarium Note: Fri March 10 Disney Channels Tangled: Before Ever After (TV Y)
Sat- Peter Pan (G)

Movie will be moved inside to the Solarium in the event of inclement weather. :umbrella:

Last edited:
In recognition of Read Across America Day/Dr. Seuss' Birthday today, I am posting the link to my very favorite trip report chapter I have ever written.

This is from 2011's "Welcome Foolish Muggles" and the theme of the report was Disney vets visit the Dark Side for the first time and review/compare familiar rides at the World to the ones at Universal.

Here's what happens when you take tweens to Seuss Landing:

Oh, the Places we Didn't Go!

:faint:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter