• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

@Tess answered your coffee question. I bring Maxwell House Filter Pak coffee. It is coffee and filters in one. One filter pak makes 4 cups and there are 10 paks per tin.
For a 7 night or less stay you will only get Trash & Towel service on day 4. Here they empty the trash, replace the towels(the only clean towels on a 7 night trip), and replenish toiletries. If you need more you can purchase them for an additional fee or bring from home.
@Tess answered your coffee question. I bring Maxwell House Filter Pak coffee. It is coffee and filters in one. One filter pak makes 4 cups and there are 10 paks per tin.
For a 7 night or less stay you will only get Trash & Towel service on day 4. Here they empty the trash, replace the towels(the only clean towels on a 7 night trip), and replenish toiletries. If you need more you can purchase them for an additional fee or bring from home.
Thank you for clarifying about the toiletries. I thought I could request more as needed. I appreciate it!

Hey everyone - thanks for the feedback on B&C/lounge/CapGrille. We were able to finagle an earlier flight in but I'm still going to not bother with an ADR for B&C and instead go for Captain's Grille or Crew's Cup for lunch that day, to take the pressure off. (Still making an ADR for Yachtsman Steakhouse that night.)

page 801-803

Dates picked, deposit is down! Dee, can you add me to BOG for Nov 7-13 BC CL? Gonna have some F&W fun!

I don't know how I can wait I'm SO excited to be returning to F&W! Last time I stayed AKL, and while beautiful it was so far away. 5 min walk this time?! I think it was a 10-15 min walk from our room at AKL to the bus stop last trip ;) CL and F&W can be overkill but I'm surprising my fam with this trip and we love the extra space this provides and the easy breakfast and appetizer evenings (which we make better use of now that everyone in the fam is over 21). Although staying 5 mins from France's bakery probably means this will be a Breakfast 1, Breakfast 2, Breakfast 3 situation: Breakfast 1- CL, mainly espresso I'm thinking coming from CA time zone, Breakfast 2 at Les Halles- Napoleon and champagne, because on vacation I can do that, Breakfast 3 by the time we make it across the lake because I can't resist the cronut stand, especially when paired with a glass of champagne from the Dessert Stand when it opens. That should last until lunch unless I pass out from a sugar/dehydration attack ...Although now that I'm thinking this through so thoroughly I better bring my extra large shorts and start earning some Champagne side money... BC might turn out to be a very dangerous choice during F&W!
The extra day I wanted opened up :worship:! My dates are now Nov 6-13 for BC CL!

Got it, including the extra day.

:welcome: back!

We loved staying YC CL during Food & Wine. We had fewer dining reservations than normal because we played it by ear for a few meals.

I like your "Dine Like a Hobbit" plan with Breakfast, Second Breakfast and Elevensies.

:thumbsup2

Thanks NM!

This stood out to me as interesting, specifically the age. TSA states that when traveling with a companion in the US those under 18 do not need an official form of ID. But in these times checking with TSA before a flight should be a common practice-thanks for the sobering reminder.

I only point this out because I have a very lazy 17yo dragging her feet getting her license. Fingers crossed she'll have it on 4/4!

Oh, I feel for you on the license thing!!! That was my nightmare last summer. My son Nate is now in possession of the most expensive driver's license in history and it was a struggle every step of the way. 3 driving schools when the first one closed down, and the second instructor was a senile jerk. We made full payment to 2 of the schools. Then, 1 month before his learner's permit expired, and before going away to college, he needed to get 6 hours of driving instruction and schedule a road test, which involved more time on the phone than if I was getting Springsteen* tickets.

* ETA: Change my dated Springsteen ticket reference that shows my age to "Hamilton"

He now has a license, but has not been behind the wheel since (no car at college, so we decided not to insure him until May).

My younger son starts driver's ed in April.

Where did you say I can get one of those Sunken Treasures???

:car: :drinking1 :faint:

Last edited:
page 801-803

Got it, including the extra day.

:welcome: back!

We loved staying YC CL during Food & Wine. We had fewer dining reservations than normal because we played it by ear for a few meals.

I like your "Dine Like a Hobbit" plan with Breakfast, Second Breakfast and Elevensies.

:thumbsup2

Oh, I feel for you on the license thing!!! That was my nightmare last summer. My son Nate is now in possession of the most expensive driver's license in history and it was a struggle every step of the way. 3 driving schools when his first closed down, and the second instructor was a senile jerk. We made full payment to 2 of the schools. Then, 1 month before his learner's permit expired, and before going away to college, he needed to get 6 hours of driving instruction and schedule a road test, which involved more time on the phone calls than if I was getting Springsteen tickets.

He now has a license, but has not been behind the wheel since (no car at college, so we decided not to insure him until May).

My younger starts driver's ed in April.

Where did you say I can get one of those Sunken Treasures???

:car: :drinking1 :faint:

I love Sunken Treasures! I first discovered them at WL. They're not on the menu anymore but most of the TP bartenders know how to make them. Now that it's closed I'm hoping those bartenders have moved over to Geyser Point. I've had them at Hurricane Hannahs too. I think most of the long time bartenders know how to make them. The recipe isn't that difficult.

We also had the same issue with getting our boys to get their licenses. I couldn't wait to get my license. Getting my kids licensed has been like pulling teeth. Oldest got his just before his 18th b-day. Youngest just sent in the check for the drivers school to release the info to the RMV he's completed the required drivers ed work. He'll be 17 in April. It will likely take that long to get him a road test. My saving grace on ids was they both have passports.

2 second google search found the recipe. If you can tell the bartender what's in it they'll make it for you.

Sunken Treasure
http://www.magicalrecipes.net/narcoossees-sunken-treasure-recipe/

Awwww!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to find and share that!!!

Actually, there are a few places at Yacht & Beach where you can get the drink. Hurricane Hanna's has returned it to their menu after an absence of several years. I have ordered one at Captain's Grille and I assume you can probably get the drink at the lounges at the resort.

:thanks:

FYI for those like me looking for Yacht Club rooms in the fall. I was playing around on the Disney website yesterday and all categories of rooms are currently available for Yacht Club beginning around December 20 or so, and I imagine that means Disney intends to have the room refurbs complete by mid December. I'm looking for a water view room and those are not available before then, hoping they open some up for our November trip.

On edit, it looks like water view rooms ARE available in November as well, just not for the dates I need them. Boo.

We just switched here from CBR for our Aug/Sept family vacation. I'm so excited, as this resort has been on my to do list for a very long time.
What if anything, do we need to know, see or do at this resort? Is there an ideal area to have your room? We booked a standard room, and we have five adult sized humans to fit in. Would we be better with a villa? I'm concerned about the bed size and comfort. As well, if we book through the Disney site, do we get daily mousekeeping?

I have a silly question about the Sunken Treasure: do they make a frozen version (slushy type). I want to try one next visit ((July 4)) and think a frozen one would help beat the heat. Thanks.

I have a silly question about the Sunken Treasure: do they make a frozen version (slushy type). I want to try one next visit ((July 4)) and think a frozen one would help beat the heat. Thanks.

That's a great question and one that has been field-tested (but not by me).

After chaperoning the class trip of 120 13-14 year olds, one of the teachers extended his trip with a stay at the Beach Club. I clued him in about the Sunken Treasure and he asked if it was available frozen.

He sent me a picture- I'll find that and edit it in.

Sunken.jpg

The bartender told him there was too much juice in the treasure so it was better to avoid the frozen.

Your mileage may vary.

I meant to try it out myself, but I am super frugal with money and calories so I didn't waste/waist either on a taste test.

:drinking1

We just switched here from CBR for our Aug/Sept family vacation. I'm so excited, as this resort has been on my to do list for a very long time.
What if anything, do we need to know, see or do at this resort? Is there an ideal area to have your room? We booked a standard room, and we have five adult sized humans to fit in. Would we be better with a villa? I'm concerned about the bed size and comfort. As well, if we book through the Disney site, do we get daily mousekeeping?

:welcome:

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. Beach Club?

The sleeping arrangements for 5 adults in the room will be two queen beds and a daybed (which is very comfortable). In very rare situations, if all daybed rooms are booked when you check in, you may be assigned to a room without a daybed, but a rollaway cot (fairly comfortable) would be provided. But with 5 adult-sized humans, you should get a daybed room.

I'll defer to others on the villa questions (although you will find some discussion/comparisons in Post 16 of the thread). The remodeled villas just started allowing 5 to a room, with the addition of a pulldown or trundle bed in the rooms (check out Post 10/11 for pictures and info about the villas).

Speaking of the first page in the thread- we try to keep it updated with all of the info from this ginormous thread so that it isn't necessary to read every post. Start off by looking there, especially the first post, which has a table of contents, Post 13 FAQ and Post 14 Other Useful Info to give you a quick introduction to the resort.

:cool1:

Please add me to BOG...3/26-3/31 BCV. Thanks!

Will do!!!

:woohoo:

Awwww!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to find and share that!!!

Actually, there are a few places at Yacht & Beach where you can get the drink. Hurricane Hanna's has returned it to their menu after an absence of several years. I have ordered one at Captain's Grille and I assume you can probably get the drink at the lounges at the resort.

:thanks:

No problem. It literally did take 2 seconds to find. Looks like everyone is going to want one now! :teeth: :thumbsup2

I've never thought to order one at Crews Cup. Probably because I never actually get a chance to order there. I sit down at the bar & they pour my wine. :thumbsup2 Have I mentioned how much I love Crews Cup? Cindy, Diana, & Wes are the best. I still miss Bill being there but I visit him at Flying Fish now. He pours me fabulous wine! :goodvibes They have a great wine list.

One week from tomorrow. Not that I'm counting or anything. :rolleyes1

As Dee suggested, take the time to read Page 1 of this thread. It has amazing current information.
As far as the BCVillas, I think the 5th sleeping space would not fit a full size adult. It is a pull down bed that seems better suited to a child/small adult. But to answer your other question, if you book a DVC Villa directly through Disney you would get daily Mousekeeping. The Studio Villa also has a kitchenette, if that interests you.

Hopefully another one opens up. You need to reset it up on TP.

I deleted it altogether. (My request on the dining reservation tool.) It was checking about every 45 minutes. I think I'll have better luck randomly checking on my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter