Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My husband and I are staying at Yacht Club club level May 9-16. This will be our first stay at the Yacht Club, we typically stay at the Beach Club. We always walk to DS and for whatever reason my husband thinks there is another pathway to DS on Yacht Club side. I thought we'd just go left and around BW as usual. Is there in fact another way around? The walkway is only on one side of the lake sooo..?
Thanks!

My husband and I are staying at Yacht Club club level May 9-16. This will be our first stay at the Yacht Club, we typically stay at the Beach Club. We always walk to DS and for whatever reason my husband thinks there is another pathway to DS on Yacht Club side. I thought we'd just go left and around BW as usual. Is there in fact another way around? The walkway is only on one side of the lake sooo..?
Thanks!

Hey, we'll see you there! We are YC CL the 6-13th. :goodvibes

Yes, if you walk to the right you'll go over the bridge to Swan & Dolphin. At the end of the bridge, you bear left & it takes you to the path along the canal to DS. The walkway on the Swan & Dolphin side of the canal ends at the parking lot there. It does not go all the way to DS. Couldn't really because that would be right behind the Fantasmic theater. It will be quicker than going all the way past BC.

Thanks!

We usually turn right leaving the Yacht Club, go over the bridge, then follow the path past Jellyrolls to DS. Straight shot!

I mocked up the path on Google Maps - Attached

Attachments

• path to HS from YC.PNG
    path to HS from YC.PNG
    796.9 KB · Views: 35
I've been reading the pages here and maybe I missed it ..... Anyway, I'm staying at the YC in mid March and trying to figure out what floors they have refurbished and what floor they are working on. Does anyone have that information?

Someone over in the CL thread is there now, and posting some updates. Here is the latest: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-403#post-57214469

Sounds like they are still finishing up on Floor 5 right now.

Hey, we'll see you there! We are YC CL the 6-13th. :goodvibes

Yes, if you walk to the right you'll go over the bridge to Swan & Dolphin. At the end of the bridge, you bear left & it take you to the path along the canal to DS. The walkway on the Swan & Dolphin side of the canal ends at the parking lot there. It does not go all the way to DS. Couldn't really because that would be right behind the Fantasmic theater. It will be quicker than going all the way past BC.
Thanks for the info! And, Oh darn. Now I have to tell him he was right. We are soooo excited to stay at Yacht Club we were married at the gazebo in 2004! I'm hoping the club level offerings are as good as the Beach Club. We have to walk to studios so I can work off the calories from those darn home made chips!!!!

We usually turn right leaving the Yacht Club, go over the bridge, then follow the path past Jellyrolls to DS. Straight shot!

I mocked up the path on Google Maps - Attached
Thanks so much! Seeing the visual makes more sense to me now. And, as I stated to focusondisney, i'll have to let my husband know that he was indeed correct!

Thanks for the info! And, Oh darn. Now I have to tell him he was right. We are soooo excited to stay at Yacht Club we were married at the gazebo in 2004! I'm hoping the club level offerings are as good as the Beach Club. We have to walk to studios so I can work off the calories from those darn home made chips!!!!

OMG, those chips are the best! Probably the reason I can't break away from staying CL.

Do what I do with my DH-- tell him to mark it down on the calendar that I was wrong. Coz it really doesn't happen that often so we'll need a reminder!! :rotfl2:

We stayed 9/23-10/4 at AKL and they texted us everyday asking how things were going, if they could do anything for us and also a few times threw in an extra fast pass. We received a thank you and can't wait to see you again text when we got home. So I'd say, yes.

Wow. I guess they do things differently at AKL. Last year I stayed club level at both BC & YC. They never texted me, offered to text me, or hinted at providing extra FP. Year before I stayed club level at BWI. Same there.

OMG, those chips are the best! Probably the reason I can't break away from staying CL.

Do what I do with my DH-- tell him to mark it down on the calendar that I was wrong. Coz it really doesn't happen that often so we'll need a reminder!! :rotfl2:

Me too! The ones that don't have the Old Bay seasoning on them. :crazy2: I like the plain. I could sit there all day eating those chips. I wish they kept them out for the cocktail hour too.

Last edited:
Perhaps it was a test thing? We thought it was odd, but we appreciated it. Likewise, while the AKL is nice, although showing some real age, we didn't enjoy being there like we do Epcot resorts like YC/BC. Just as soon as the mega millions lands in my bank account, i'll be taking up perm residency on either side!

Wow. I guess they do things differently at AKL. Last year I stayed club level at both BC & YC. They never texted me, offered to text me, or hinted at providing extra FP. Year before I stayed club level at BWI. Same there.

You'll be seeing me too! I'm there 10-13. Although I don't think any of us will actually be seeing each other since we wouldn't recognize each other if we did!

Me too! The ones that don't have the Old Bay seasoning on them. :crazy2: I like the plain. I could sit there all day eating those chips. I wish they kept them out for the cocktail hour too.
Yes. Plain for me too! I think they should just be perm at all service times. But you can purchase them in the crews cup lounge. Say, after boozing around Epcot one evening for example

I need some advice from those who bring/keep food in the room. This is a very different trip for me.
Thanks in advance :)

A few random thoughts: you can purchase food items in the Beach Club Marketplace in the middle of your trip as your fridge empties. Or someone could take a cab or Uber to a grocery store mid trip if needed. Or a delivery service.

The people who had surgery - do they live with you? I wonder if they have specific food needs that you wouldn't know about if they don't eat with you on a daily basis. Or if it would be hard for them to have the temptation of certain food around.

It's not that hard to stick with quick service. Look at menus ahead of time. It's not all burgers and hot dogs like it used to be.

Will you be there during flower and garden festival? Lots of little food stands at epcot. Menus are online.

There is a cafeteria style place at the Dolphin hotel next to Yacht Club.

I need some advice from those who bring/keep food in the room. ... on this trip we will have 2 people in our party who had weight loss surgery and it wouldn't make financial sense to go to a lot of buffets or pre fixed price meals. We will be buying most of our food at CS locations where the adults can order kids meals as desired, but I'm just looking for other suggestions close to the BC/YC for meals that aren't adult & child priced specific and ideal for sharing, as well as meals for in the room that have worked for you in the past.

For in-room food options, you may want to consider the new Express Fresh service, which has lighter food choices, for both adults and kids, delivered right to your room. The food is fresh and reasonably-priced. You may want to review the menus, which were posted earlier in this thread. The price includes a gratuity, but a little extra is appreciated. Service is quite prompt. There are both breakfast and lunch/dinner menus.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...rb-news-post-1.3400342/page-789#post-57122217

Perhaps it was a test thing? We thought it was odd, but we appreciated it. Likewise, while the AKL is nice, although showing some real age, we didn't enjoy being there like we do Epcot resorts like YC/BC. Just as soon as the mega millions lands in my bank account, i'll be taking up perm residency on either side!
I do remember reading about texting CL Concierges for 4th and more FPs, as well as other requests, a little while back. WDW tested it at a few select resorts. I'm sad it didn't stick around, it sounded great!

I do remember reading about texting CL Concierges for 4th and more FPs, as well as other requests, a little while back. WDW tested it at a few select resorts. I'm sad it didn't stick around, it sounded great!

It does sound great! But I can't imagine the extra work for staff! Imagine dealing with everyone in person and then think of the texts people will send from the parks!

page 806-808

I need some advice from those who bring/keep food in the room. This is a very different trip for me. We will not be using the DDP and we are planning on few (possibly only 2) TS meals durign our 6 day trip. Usually my schedule is full of Character meals and TS, but on this trip we will have 2 people in our party who had weight loss surgery and it wouldn't make financial sense to go to a lot of buffets or pre fixed price meals. We will most likely use a car service with an included grocery stop to get from MCO to the YC (otherwise I'll order through Garden Grocer). I was thinking of grabbing easy breakfast foods (cereal, milk, granola bars, bagels, fresh fruit), bread, deli meats & cheese, a case of water (maybe 2), and alcohol. We will be buying most of our food at CS locations where the adults can order kids meals as desired, but I'm just looking for other suggestions close to the BC/YC for meals that aren't adult & child priced specific and ideal for sharing, as well as meals for in the room that have worked for you in the past. I know the fridge isn't huge, so I want to make the most of what we have.

I love how easy it is to go into EPCOT through the International Gateway and bring back food to our room. Sunshine Seasons has lots of options outside of the typical hamburgers and chicken nuggets and probably many of the selections could be shared. They have a few salad options, including a tuna noodle salad that is very good:

insert picture

I also love getting food from some of the countries around the world, especially Morocco.

The one thing I have found when doing takeout is the restaurants do not always have bags to carry multiple items back to your room so you may want to bring along plastic grocery bags or better yet, reusable cloth bags.

:thumbsup2

In terms of grocery deliveries, I can't recommend Dizzy Dolphin highly enough. They will get you ANYTHING you want, including standard grocery items, custom made gift baskets, bakery cakes and doughnuts, ANY kind of alcohol, small appliances (no kidding, one of their pictures on Facebook had a coffeemaker in it!), and they'll go wherever you direct them to shop. I think their prices are better than Garden Grocer, and you absolutely cannot beat their customer service. I've already got a date marked on my calendar to order from them for our June trip. :teeth:

Thanks for the heads up on this. I haven't heard about this particular delivery service so I would love to hear your comments after your trip.

::yes::

I read a lot, don't post too much but...
My husband and I were upgraded to the Nantucket VP Suite at Beach Club on our anniversary for 10 days! It was amazing in every way. Upgrades are the best

Thanks!

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

:woohoo:

I must say I am enjoying your posts. Congrats on your awesome upgrade!!! That sounds incredible!

We would love to see pictures. If you need help posting them here, let me know- two ways to do it are with a direct upload from your computer (Upload a File option in a post) or by uploading them to a photosharing service like Photobucket and copying a link into a post. Or if you are comfortable, you can email the pictures to me and I will post them...eventually... the email address I use for the DIS is beachclubdee at yahoo.

I believe that the Beach and Yacht Club lounges have the same offerings. I posted a link with many pictures from my October YC CL trip on Page 1, Post 12 of this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:goodvibes

Someone over in the CL thread is there now, and posting some updates. Here is the latest: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-403#post-57214469

Sounds like they are still finishing up on Floor 5 right now.

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thanks for letting us know about this. I don't get over to that thread much, but I'll go check out what they are saying.

Finally found some opening at Cape May Cafe for breakfast on 8/22 if anyone is still trying...

Thanks for letting us know!

In terms of grocery deliveries, I can't recommend Dizzy Dolphin highly enough. They will get you ANYTHING you want, including standard grocery items, custom made gift baskets, bakery cakes and doughnuts, ANY kind of alcohol, small appliances (no kidding, one of their pictures on Facebook had a coffeemaker in it!), and they'll go wherever you direct them to shop. I think their prices are better than Garden Grocer, and you absolutely cannot beat their customer service. I've already got a date marked on my calendar to order from them for our June trip. :teeth:

I looked at their website and I don't see products or what they offer. When I click on order it gives me a form to fill out but again, don't know what they have nor the pricing. Do you just fill in what you want and they get it?

page 806-808

Thanks for the heads up on this. I haven't heard about this particular delivery service so I would love to hear your comments after your trip.

::yes::
Actually we used them last year for our DVC Studio at the Poly. LOVED them. Everything was there when we arrived, we received text messages letting us know about the delivery, and again, I was really REALLY pleased with their pricing. Plus they post on FB when they make your deliveries, usually with a funny pic, and for ours they were bowing in front of the tiki in the lobby, praying for good weather. I'm willing to believe it worked because we DID have fabulous weather that week. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter