• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know what the website is for Disney Visa Discounts, especially for Disney vacations?

Does anyone know what % Disney Visa is offering for the Beach Club Resort?

thanks

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Does anyone know what the website is for Disney Visa Discounts, especially for Disney vacations?

Does anyone know what % Disney Visa is offering for the Beach Club Resort?

Here's the website, but it doesn't show vacation discounts: https://disneyrewards.com/

I'm not sure there is a discount right now for Disney Visa card holders. Sometimes they are told in advance about discounts which will be available to everyone a few days later.

If I'm looking for discount information, I go to Mousesavers.com.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

What's the easiest way to get from BC/YC to Ample Hills Creamery on the boardwalk? Is it faster to walk or can you get there by ferry? It looks like there's a ferry stop nearby on the map.

What's the easiest way to get from BC/YC to Ample Hills Creamery on the boardwalk? Is it faster to walk or can you get there by ferry? It looks like there's a ferry stop nearby on the map.
DEFINITELY walk. In the time it would take you to wait for the boat, load the boat, go across the lake, and unload the boat, you could be there with a cone full of deliciousness!!!

Yup, walk. There is a boat from Yacht Club to Boardwalk but the walk itself is a short 5-10 minutes and the boat takes longer than that, even though it is just across Crescent Lake.

The Friendship Boats ( much smaller vessels than the Ferries) will take you across Crescent Lake to the Boardwalk. I think it is faster to walk. It is a nice pleasant walk around the Lake. The boats make several stops.

You probably won't see fireworks from your room. Is there another adult that can stay in the room with your son? If so, taking your daughter out on the beach or to the bridge to BW is a great way to see the fireworks. Or watching them for the pool![/QUOTEth

Yes we could definitely take turns taking our DD to the pool or bridge. Great excuse for an evening stop in at Beaches and Cream too! :-)

Does anyone happen to know if there is a website that shows which rooms are connecting rooms for Yacht Club? My understanding is there is one for Poly but I have been unsuccessful finding anything for BC/YC. TIA!!!

Does anyone happen to know if there is a website that shows which rooms are connecting rooms for Yacht Club? My understanding is there is one for Poly but I have been unsuccessful finding anything for BC/YC. TIA!!!

I don't think anything like that exists, but I'd be all for Dee to start a comprehensive BC/YC site similar to Tikiman's Polynesian site. I'd be a contributor!

Have you looked at Touring Plans? They have all kind of room-specific info.

I've read almost every post, so I wanted to say thank you all for the great info in this thread!

We stayed at YC years ago, and will be at BC this year from 7/4 -7/8. DD is a competitive swimmer, so she's going to really enjoy Stormalong Bay this time (she was 4 when we stayed at YC). Hubby and I love the convenience of walking to Epcot and HS!

Here are a few YC/BC updates:

SAB hours are 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. right now.
YC refurb finished on 4th floor; they are now working on 3rd floor.
All rooms should complete by August.
There is a new amenity in guest rooms - a one liter bottle of Dasani water provided with no charge.
The test program for Express Fresh is over, and the concept dropped and no longer available at YC.

There is a new amenity in guest rooms - a one liter bottle of Dasani water provided with no charge.
The test program for Express Fresh is over, and the concept dropped and no longer available at YC.

That is some awesome intel! Especially the renovation news.

THANK YOU so much!!!

:thanks:

Asking for a friend... Does anyone know if Neil is still working in the Beach Club Concierge lounge? He was there in 2013, but we haven't stayed BC CL since that trip.

Thanks!

:goodvibes

Is Neil the super talented man who makes the buttons? My memory is fuzzy at the moment on his name.
We have a few very nice glitter puffy paint buttons from the BC CL. So if that is in fact Neil, he was there as of August 2015. Not quite so recent.

page 844-845

Coming to officiate a wedding in May. Staying at YC - and very excited. It will be my first time staying there and my first time booking a Deluxe directly. (My pocketbook and heart are still debating if that's a good or bad thing.) I'll be there 05/3 and 05/4 in a Garden View room. (Then moving to a Disney Springs hotel for the weekend.) Feel free to add me to the list!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Nice! Where is the wedding taking place?

:goodvibes

We are currently booked at the Yacht Club in a Standard View Room but are wondering if we should switch to the Beach Club Villa Studio. We are 2 adults and 3 kids, who will be 12, 10, and 9 on the trip. We definitely want a balcony, and saw that most Yacht Club rooms have one and all BC Villa Studios. We like the serene look of the Beach Club better, but are concerned that the Villa Studio will be too cramped for the 5 of us as compared to the Yacht Club Standard. Thoughts? Thank you! This will be our first stay at either of these!

:welcome:

I don't think I have you on the Be Our Guest list. YC/CR split?

:cool1:

You can no longer access the Dunes Cove pool from the patios on the first floor of the BCVs that are facing the pool. You'll need to go to the main BCV lobby or alternate elevator lobby to gain access to the pool.

Thanks for this confirmation!

Does anyone know if the same is true for Yacht Club and Beach Club rooms. I don't even know if there were rooms that directly accessed the quiet pools or not.

:fish:

I have never had a sunken treasure and am looking forward to trying it in June, I was under the impression it was added to the menu...was it taken off?

Yes.

I'm not exactly sure of the timeline. I know it was still on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's in July 2013. Sometime between then and Aug 2014 the drink was not included in an updated bar menu. I think it was back sometime in 2015. Not only at the Stormalong Bay pool bar, but at many pool bars around Disney.

There is a whole section about the Sunken Treasure on Page 1... Post 17 or 18, can't remember which.

This concludes our Monday liquid history lesson.

:drinking1

Oh it feel so good to be back posting on this thread! Hi everyone! Haven't been 'home' to the world since my mother-daughter January 2016 long weekend getaway trip and there are so many new things to catch up on!

I'm going with my mother and my brother to BC June 8-16 to celebrate my brother's college graduation and give him a last fun 'hurrah' before he starts graduate school. This is going to be his first time ever at Disney and I'm SO EXCITED to share everything with him! Particularly floating along at SAB and walking to Les Halles for prepark chocolate chip brioche for breakfast. I live in NYC and I've tried so many bakeries, but nothing comes close to the brioche at Les Halles for me!

I'm also so glad to be back at BC. It's where my husband and I went on our honeymoon and first anniversary in Oct 2013 & 2014, and my mother and I went for my grad school graduation in May 2015. Since then, we've dipped around at POFQ and AKL, but nothing is like BC/YC. On our winter weekend trip last year, I got the Minnie Mouse YC zip up hoodie, and I've been waiting to wear it on this vacation! (I love my WDW zip up hoodies, wearing my GF one now!) I'm also personally excited that Captain's Grille is moving to Ariel's in the summer, I've always wanted to see more of Ariel's than just the front gate.

The rest of my friends and family don't quite get the same excitement out of getting the FPs ready, and the dance of the ADRs, and thinking about the trip moment by moment. I know you guys would understand though, and I'm so grateful that I have a place to share my joy about my upcoming vacation! BC holds some of my absolute best memories, and I'm really hoping that I can create some great new ones with my brother, too!

:welcome: back!!!

What a great celebration of your brother's accomplishments! His first Disney trip!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Wow, great updates! They are really moving along quickly with the room rehabs considering all the work being done. Not surprized the Fresh Express was dropped, the menu was so limited probably did not appeal to enough guests to be worth it. Thanks for the intel!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter