• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Here are a few YC/BC updates:

SAB hours are 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. right now.
YC refurb finished on 4th floor; they are now working on 3rd floor.
All rooms should complete by August.
There is a new amenity in guest rooms - a one liter bottle of Dasani water provided with no charge.
The test program for Express Fresh is over, and the concept dropped and no longer available at YC.
GREAT news about the water!!! Thanks for this!!!

I don't think anything like that exists, but I'd be all for Dee to start a comprehensive BC/YC site similar to Tikiman's Polynesian site. I'd be a contributor!

Love Tikiman! My sense is that he does a TON of work to upkeep his site/FB. I'm sure we'd all love it if there was something similar for YC/BC. If only it was a paying gig...:surfweb:

I just got back from a week at the Yacht Club! Im so happy I decided to stay there instead of Beach Club. With the character dining, the lobby area always seems a little loud and busy. They also have a larger "Marketplace" as Fittings and Fairings is under renovation.

There was a large conference going on (GM) during my first 3 - 4 days. The great news is they were all in meeting all day. The resort seemed quiet. They also did not swim :) The pool was not too crowded either. At night, they pretty much took over the lounge areas, but a couple of nights, they had organized activites and were bussed out of the resort :) Great stay!

I didnt see the new rooms, but I had a conversation with someone who was staying in one. He said he liked the old ones better, but for a family with teens, there were enough outlets and USB ports around the room to plug in over 15 devices at once!

Thanks for the comments about your trip.

My husband and I were at the Yacht Club during a major convention and the resort was definitely quiet and uncrowded while we were there.

:thumbsup2

Hi all! I posted on the Yacht Club room view thread - but it is not very active this week. Hoping to get some advice - We are booked at the Yacht Club the end of June for 5 nights - CL -SV. I was so excited when I booked this room and my DD (8) always wanted to swim at SAB. After reading some of these posts and seeing some photos on that thread I am wondering if we made a good choice for our family. We usually stay at BW and one of our favorite things to do is watch fireworks from our balcony at night - since we are never at the parks that late as my DS(2) is asleep long before the fireworks start!

We have always been able to view fireworks from any room we've had at BW - whether it be Fantasmic or Illuminations but I'm getting the sense that we may very well have no view of anything but a rooftop at the Yacht Club. I have been trying for a month to switch / upgrade to a water view room but no luck - there is nothing available. Thinking of now switching our reservation to GF because of this. What are your thoughts? thank you!!

As others have mentioned, the best bet is to divide and conquer- someone stays back in the room while you slip out of the room to watch Illuminations/Hollywood Studios fireworks. You can watch both from the beach and it is even a very quick trip into EPCOT to watch Illuminations from inside the park if you have park hoppers.

::yes::

Been MIA on here for awhile. Currently planning our fall food and wine trip. Happy Planning :)

:wave2:

Let us know if you decide to book at the Yacht or Beach Club.

:cool2:

What's the easiest way to get from BC/YC to Ample Hills Creamery on the boardwalk? Is it faster to walk or can you get there by ferry? It looks like there's a ferry stop nearby on the map.

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked at the resort?

What everyone else said: walking is the best way to get to the Boardwalk.

:thumbsup2

I've read almost every post, so I wanted to say thank you all for the great info in this thread!

We stayed at YC years ago, and will be at BC this year from 7/4 -7/8. DD is a competitive swimmer, so she's going to really enjoy Stormalong Bay this time (she was 4 when we stayed at YC). Hubby and I love the convenience of walking to Epcot and HS!

WOW!!! I'm impressed! :worship:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Is Neil the super talented man who makes the buttons? My memory is fuzzy at the moment on his name.
We have a few very nice glitter puffy paint buttons from the BC CL. So if that is in fact Neil, he was there as of August 2015. Not quite so recent.

I think so. Big guy. More recent than my info (July 2013)

Has anyone seen Neil recently?

:groom:

***************************************************************************************
Does anyone happen to know if there is a website that shows which rooms are connecting rooms for Yacht Club? My understanding is there is one for Poly but I have been unsuccessful finding anything for BC/YC. TIA!!!

I don't think anything like that exists, but I'd be all for Dee to start a comprehensive BC/YC site similar to Tikiman's Polynesian site. I'd be a contributor!

Love Tikiman! My sense is that he does a TON of work to upkeep his site/FB. I'm sure we'd all love it if there was something similar for YC/BC. If only it was a paying gig...:surfweb:

From your lips!!!

I vote for a paying gig!

Heck, I'll do it for room & board!

::yes::

No, we don't have any resort maps that have info about connecting rooms. I use the Beach Club and Yacht Club View Threads as a place to record info that guests report about the rooms- location, daybed or no, balcony size and connecting door if they report that.

:goodvibes

Random Stuff about the new Yacht Club Rooms

Room Safe:
I would love a picture of the inside and outside of the room safe. Is it a combination lock now instead of a key?

Fridge: YIKES! From the pictures I have seen, there is no longer a place in the door for a half-gallon of milk. One might be able to fit if you take out a shelf. CAN you take out a shelf???

Fridge YC 2017 Derry Wade.jpg

To guests who stay in a refurbished room- please let us know the details about your room:

Room number
Bedding- 2 Queens or King
Tub or shower only?*
Daybed?
Connecting door?
View picture, if possible

* We had assumed that maybe the rooms with 2 Queens would have a tub, and the rooms with a King bed would have a shower only. Well, you know what happens when you assume...

@Derry Wade posted pictures in the view thread. I asked about the bedding/shower- it was a 2 Q with shower only.

:sad2:

Regarding NateBenMa's request for a picture of the safe in the refurbished Yacht Club rooms:

If somebody takes a picture, it would be helpful if you put something in there for reference. For some reason, photos of the safes (at least my photos) make them look huge. Like walk-in closet huge. So try to stick a water bottle or a box of Kleenex or something in there so people can get a sense of size.

Oh my goodness, just realized today marks 30 days out from returning home to the YC! :jumping3: I feel like we were at 60 days only a week ago, never had time go so fast waiting for vacation...guess it's one perk of being so busy at work!

Hopefully we'll get a renovated room, I don't expect to, but keeping my fingers crossed! Thinking since the only thing we requested was an upper floor we may have a chance, albeit a slim one.

Does anyone know if the buses still pick up at the YC first and then the BC (asking about the one that goes to Animal Kingdom)?

Does anyone know if the buses still pick up at the YC first and then the BC (asking about the one that goes to Animal Kingdom)?

It's been my experience that on the way to any park and on the way back from any park, YC is first to be dropped off/picked up.

And while I'm thinking of it, can we assume that the YC lobby is not going to be exactly pretty this summer with Ale and Compass and CG going for refurb?
What about the front of the resort with the convention center work...is it an ugly sight from rooms facing the parking lot at YC/BC?

Hello everyone! :flower3: I just booked our first stay at Yacht Club for this November! Our friends have convinced us that we HAVE to experience the Y & B Club! lol (we're celebrating my 40th!) I'm really excited about it! Any tips or must dos while we're there?! We love eating at the surrounding restaurants and then taking a walk around the Y&BC and Boardwalk property! It's so relaxing and beautiful over there! I'm looking forward to planning with everyone over the next few months! :yay::mickeyjum

What kind (brand) of coffee pods are offered in the newly renovated YC rooms for the Keurig coffee makers?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many standard room-King bed CL there are at the Beach Club? Touring plans only shows 1 all the way at the other end of the elevator and the lounge. I'm not sure if there were more added after the renovations. Thanks!

Well staying at Beach Club starting tomorrow! My fiance is a serial hotel switcher and always starts at Yacht or Beach and then moves down to a moderate "to save some money" and then regrets it the closer we get to the actual day and moves us back to Beach Club.

Also this trip just going to stop and chat with the DVC folks and see what the waitlist for BCV is. We've been discussing it and as I pointed out fiance always ends up at BC/YC so if we are going to buy we should discuss BCV.

Does anyone know how many standard room-King bed CL there are at the Beach Club? Touring plans only shows 1 all the way at the other end of the elevator and the lounge. I'm not sure if there were more added after the renovations. Thanks!
I believe that additional Kings are being added during the refurb project at the YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter