Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Can anyone currently at the YC please confirm that the dog-friendly rooms are confined to the area near the Quiet Pool or facing the Marina, as previously noted on the map?

On another note, I understand that all systems are down at resorts and parks, as well as website.

That is not what I have been advised by two separate CMs of the "executive office". Both told me that all water and garden view rooms are dog eligible and they will not be confined to one area / floor of the resort.

Is your information from a more reliable source?

My vote is with DansDad. He has been a trusted, helpful and very accurate poster on the Dis boards for YEARS! This man knows his stuff.

~NM

Can anyone currently at the YC please confirm that the dog-friendly rooms are confined to the area near the Quiet Pool or facing the Marina, as previously noted on the map?

On another note, I understand that all systems are down at resorts and parks, as well as website.
No one can confirm this because Disney refuses to state this officially. And fwiw, what a CM says on the phone doesn't count.

That is not what I have been advised by two separate CMs of the "executive office". Both told me that all water and garden view rooms are dog eligible and they will not be confined to one area / floor of the resort.

That was the original plan until the the huge backlash that really took them by surprise.

Is your information from a more reliable source?

Yes.

Looking at the map on page one -do you thing all the dog friendly rooms will be on the 1st floor?
I noticed it had room numbers with rooms all starting with the number 1.

No they are not.
If that's true, it's excellent news. I was also advised by Exec Office that all garden- and water/pool- view rooms would take dogs and they would not be limited to rooms on certain floors or in a certain area of the hotel.

Thank you, Dansdad.
If you do happen to find out if the rooms will be ground floor please report back.
I'm just trying to guess where we might be with our dog.
I hope to be away from people who aren't happy with the dogs being there. I understand their concerns too, ( some of them) :duck:

I arrive for 3 nights at the YC this weekend. What's the word on the "dog invasion"? Can anyone speak to how prevalent, obvious, and noisy dogs are at the resort now?

No matter what the rule is, I would still be interested in hearing about people's experiences as to dog sightings and noise.

Although I might not get to Disney next year. I got Cursed Child tickets when they went on sale yesterday, so that's a 2018 trip to NYC.
I’m here at the BCVs and have been by the YC enough today to report that not one dog has been seen. I take a walk in early AM around crescent lake, run at noon and wander around in the afternoon before heading to Epcot. If things change during our stay, I’ll report back accordingly.

O.K. kids .......... we are OUT !
The bed bug scare was enough to deter us from our stay at BC coming up THIS weekend. Changed our reservation last minute (we arrive SATURDAY !!!)
We lucked out were able to score a King room at POFQ . We grabbed it !
No Dogs, NO bedbugs .........and about 1/2 the price . Its only a long weekend trip of 3 nights , so we will be fine ! (we had been looking for POR, CS or POFQ from the start anyway, but nothing was available. Settled on BC , but POFQ popped up luckily, so ..........)

We have a stay at YC, for a great rate in January .........but waiting to see how this Dog thing works out before we consider changing. (dont really want to, as the rate was dang good ! 35% off Disney Visa Offer !)

Nice! Was it room only? I'm a Visa holder & AP so I would be able to get that rate if it's room only. You have to call to get the extra visa discount, right?

Use this link -------------- https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/visa-room-booking/

Yes, I believe its just a room only offer.
The best rates appear to be AKL, and YC , which are 35% off if your dates are available.

Only have to make the reservation with a Disney Visa to be eligible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter