• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Discounts became available this morning for the time frame that we are at Disney in the fall. I called at 8am this morning and was told that there was nothing available at Boardwalk, Yachtclub or the Beachclub. I asked to check for discounts on a day by day basis and still nothing. How can that be? Frustrating!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Disney is embracing the marketing concept of announcing discounts where there is no practical availability. As long as they offer 1 room for 1 day only they can say that they are offering discounts for an entire time period. This unethical ploy is an attempt to get you to consider a Disney vacation.

Another unethical example of Disney's shady behavior can be found in the first two months of this year when Disney was caught by analysts running rides at half capacity, possibly to bolster the fake argument that the parks are too crowded and ticket prices needed to rise to keep out the riff raff as well as to ensure that the stock price was preserved in the face of some possible and pending fluctuations.

You can listen to this pod cast featuring Len Testa as he explains what he was seeing and why it didn't make sense until he discovered through analysis just exactly what Disney was doing to cause problems. http://1e2e79e255ccc28ed3b5-b1ba41d...cf1.rackcdn.com/bonus-len-testa-interview.mp3

Keep in mind that park guests paid the full price for tickets to experience parks that were intentionally being operated at decreased capacity thus driving up wait times for every aspect of the park. That's every aspect including the rest rooms, which people were noticing were not being serviced as needed because the CM's working them also had their hours cut. The reason for this move was to bolster the stock price.

Gone are the days where Disney was concerned about the guest experience. Now Disney is ONLY concerned about their stock price. If you watch what Disney is doing and ignore what they are saying you will see it very clearly, Disney apologists excepted...

~NM

The Yacht Club's Ale & Compass now has a private area for small groups, called The Keeper's Room. It can accommodate up to 24 people, for private breakfast, lunch, and dinner functions.
There are comments that the A&C Lounge and Restaurant are seldom busy, and this is a way to bring in some business.
b70d30f1c00e321a2f8b56fac7e068e2.jpg

I'll bring my citation book. We'll be there [BCVs] 10/17 - 10/25, so if I see any speeding ECVs :moped:I'll say "Hi" after I give them their tickets! :rolleyes1
It’s not so much that they speed (well, my sister might), but that they go different directions. Pop has a problem with short term memory. He was supposed to stay put in a nice shady place while my sister and I went into Mousegears. Took me 45 minutes to find him between Mexico and Norway. Meanwhile my sister decided to go shopping; wasn’t so worried about her except it was coming up on ADR time and she forgot her phone at the room. Hence the rewriting of the old classic song to “I’m Always Chasing Scooters”
Hope to see you there!
Sarah

They aren’t, however we did walk there 2 nights ago, and it actually wasn’t bad!!

How long does the walk take? I feel like the walk seems much longer than it actually is when viewing it from the boat on the way to the park. Also, is the walk well lit up at night?

Last edited:
How long does the walk take? I feel like the walk seems much longer than it actually is when viewing it from the boat on the way to the park. Also, is the walk well lit up at night?
We walk it all the time. At a leisurely pace it takes no more than half an hour. We do it in about 20 min. When HS closes there are alot of people walking back, so we feel comfortably safe. I wouldnt want to walk any later though. Its a beautiful, quiet walk with no crowds.

Hard to say - we were directed in the wrong direction TWICE by 2 different cast members!!!! But maybe about 15 minutes. We took the bus back, so not sure about the lights. The walk was fine, though.

If you haven't already, maybe spend some time online searching. Sometimes I find day by day yields no discounts, but a 3 or 4 night stay does. I often have to try various dates to see what pops up.
They don't make it easy, that's for sure.

thanks,
I ended up with the last 2 days of our vacation with a discount. Had to make another reservation and another 1 night payment. Waiting for AP discounts to come out. Maybe I can get the rest of the days with that!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

We recently returned from a 12 night stay, with the first 4 nights at the YC (June 10-14)and the middle 4 nights at the Beach Club. I'm going to post some of my random thoughts on each stay separately, I'll start with the Yacht Club and then try to get to the Beach Club as soon as I can. It was our second stay at the YC, our first was in May 2016, before the room renovations. There are 6 of us, me, my DH, and DS8, DS5, and twin DSs 16 months. We were booked SV CL. I'm going to work in bullet points, because to write a narrative it would end up looking like a novel :laughing:. I'll try to keep some semblance of continuity, but it might not work well and could seem random.

*We took the auto train down, didn't do online check in, and pulled up around 10:30 AM. We unloaded all of our stuff to bell services and then went to park the car and walked back to the front. When we got back a lady with an ipad was waiting, welcomed us by name, and took us up to the 5th floor to check in to club level. There was no one there waiting, we got checked in right away, and she got drinks for all 6 of us, including the welcome drink for me (which I had been told was discontinued when we had our last stay). This is the first time I've gotten an official welcome drink in many CL stays. They often offer drinks, but never before the elusive welcome drinks!
*our room was not ready (I wouldn't have expected it to be), they confirmed my cell phone to text when it was ready and we headed to Epcot
*we went to Epcot and then DHS, finishing around 6:00, and never got a text
*when we got back of course our room was ready, they didn't know why no text (that has happened before)
*we got room 5186, exactly what we booked. I had been hoping for a standard room with a rooftop view and sideways view of SAB, but since there look to be only 2 of those I wasn't surprised. However, it met my secondary requests - private balcony, bathtub, and close to lounge. It also had a daybed. It overlooked the front of the resort. Looking to the left from the balcony, the room 2 down from us would have been the last one with the shared large balcony that I didn't want.
*I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the renovated rooms. The raised beds were awesome, particularly since we didn't unpack like we typically do due to the split stay trip that was new to us. I left the suitcases packed and slid them under the bed, and just slid them out to get what we needed. There was also a ton of storage in the large, wooden storage unit/closet that they put in the entryway. A few shelves on the outside, shelves on the inside with the ironing board, and even shelves in the actual closet section. Plus shelves/cubbies under the sink, a shelf above the sink, and lots of counter space. I didn't think I would like the hard floor, but really it ended up being fine. it was dirty, though, my toddlers feet would get really dirty after walking in bare feet when they hadn't walked anywhere but in the room. The floor wasn't visibly dirty, just you could tell based on that. There was enough room for 2 pack and plays and to still get around the room without a problem.
* I loved the rain shower head, we never used the second one although with kids it would probably have been nice. I really missed that shower at the BC and the CR. I also liked the nice shelf built into the wall for shampoo, etc. I could take or leave the shower door vs shower curtains, giving kids baths I would prefer a curtain but otherwise I don't care.
*While I did like the room, I would prefer more "Disney touches" over the simply upscale feel they gave it. The constellations on the curtain were neat, but weren't nearly enough
*there were plenty of outlets and USB ports. I always bring a power strip because we have so many things that need charged, and I didn't need it at all and had empty spots where we could have charged more.
*I LOVED the sliding wood door that closed off the sink area, particularly with 2 toddlers but also just so someone could get ready in the morning first without bothering everyone else or so someone could get dressed privately. I also loved that the shower/toilet area also closed off with a sliding door, so the door didn't get in the way of everything.
*they always replenished the toiletries, and there was a nice selection. No sunscreen here, but solar relief gel, foot lotion, mouthwash, a vanity kit (that my DH made fun of when he was what was in it), plus the usual shampoo/conditioner/body wash/soap. Plus they left extra shampoo/conditioner when I asked. We do tip $10 a day as we go.
*We still love SAB just as much as we remembered! Sitting in that sand bottom portion with water up to your chest in 90 degree weather while your kids all play around you is an amazing feeling. I also like the lazy river, it's kind of cool that there is an 8 foot deep section because I don't know anywhere else besides out local college pool that gets that deep (buy why in the world is in part of the lazy river and not a swimming area??), and the whirlpool is fun to float around in. I also think its a pretty good slide. We went there I think 4-5 of our days at the resorts.
*our MBs didn't work at first. We have a TON of MBs on our account, but I have them all inactivated except for 3-5 each that we brought (except for the infants). We had a set decorated as the incredibles, a star wars set we purchased, a plain set for swimming, etc, and my older sons and I had some special ones we like (paw patrol, my HM D&B one, etc) Some randomly worked, the others they had trouble getting working (I can't remember the term they have to do to get them to work on the room, elevator, gait, etc, as opposed to tickets and charging, maybe pairing? I don't think that's it. But whatever it was, it wasn't taking for ours) The CM at the desk had to keep them for a little while, but she did figure it out and bring them to our room a little later the same day, and they were working then. However, a preview of other reviews, the same thing happened at each resort and some CMS were less helpful and friendly about it than others.
* We never had a problem finding loungers at SAB, regardless of time of day. Once we went midday and got an umbrella table. When we had the babies we needed shade, and we always found it without any real trouble.
*I love that Hurricane Hannas has poolside servers. We used them a couple of times, I had my share of banana cabanas! They also have good gluten free options, we got gluten free chicken tenders and fries that are very good and quick.
*we hadn't been able to get an ADR for beaches and cream at a time that we wanted because I didn't try to book until about 70 days out. However, the TP reservation finder found us exactly what we wanted a couple of days ahead. I also noticed they were taking walk ups for the counter. A lady in front of me was hesitant and seemed a little annoyed because they told her it would be 20 min, and I wanted to tell her that people clamored to get them 180 days ahead, she should take the 20 min and be thankful for it!
*I love that they have coca cola freeatyle machines! Normally we wouldn't get refillable mugs when staying club level, but we got 2 just so I would get my ginger lime diet coke and my kids could get orange lemonade.
*We ate at the Ale and Compass one night because it was raining more than a quick shower and we decided not to go to Epcot. We got a reservation for about an hour later. The server was really good, and we really liked our food. The kids choices were great- we were able to get shrimp and mussels for the babies, and they gobbled it up. The kids desserts were also great, a homemade s'more that I ended up eating and really liking. My DH and I got protein bowls, and they were very good. The only thing is I don't really care for the atmosphere. it is too dark and cool feeling for me. But it fit our needs that night.
*The gift shop didn't have a lot of variety, and not a lot for kids. A minor thing, but my kids immediately didn't like it and they were right, it was small and mostly adult clothing. They also need more resort specific merchandise, but at least for the YC they had a zip front SS that I liked and got, as well as a luggage tag and keychain.
*The laundry is kind of hidden in the bowels of the building. One tiny room way back in the back, or a slightly larger one out by the Admirals pool that we had to ask for directions to get to twice. No one ever mentioned it was in the building beside the pool - that would have been helpful info! The second CM we asked was standing right outside the pool gate and didn't know, she had to radio to ask where it was. At least she did find out for us, though. Then, the second load my DH did, the CC reader was down and you couldn't use anything because of it. There was another guy there who had 3 loads of wet clothes that he couldn't dry, and he was LIVID because he called and was pretty much told sorry, we'll look into it. As he put it, "then they had the audacity to tell me to have a Magical Day!"
*we had turndown service every night, sometimes a little early but we had it, and they left chocolate. I really like getting fresh towels and having any dishes taken away, and I like the chocolate! They did come before we had showered from the pool once or twice during our stay, so that defeated the purpose of fresh towels since we hadn't used them yet.
*The club lounge is just ok. It's pretty small and tight, but despite that there were usually tables when we were there. It's a bit "proper" for our tastes, we prefer the casualness of the Poly lounge, for example. I also miss a focal point, such as the Poly view, or the ones that overlook the lobbies, or something. Because I had 2 toddlers it was harder, if I was there without my DH (while he went running) once I put their stroller beside the kids table and fed them breakfast from there, another time I used the 2 high chairs that they had and set up at a table. It was easier to just run in and grab something than eat there, but it is nice to utilize it sometimes.
*they always had infused water our by the elevator on the 5th floor, which was nice at night when we came back late. I really liked the basil and watermelon.
*one change from our last trip is that now the lounge is open between servings, which is great. It was nice to be able to get drinks at night, and my son loved the ice cream that we were told had only been there for 2 weeks that was always accessible.
*The desserts were fine, but they never changed so after 4 nights (8 if you count the BC stay and there wasn't much difference) it was getting rather monotonous. There is a larger selection than at some other lounges, but just no variety night to night.
*the afternoon snacks were ok. My kids loved the wrapped candy with little baggies to make your own mix, and we did eat the veggies and dip and tried the bread an hummus.
*I really liked the hot choice at breakfast, which was also new from our last stay. I particularly liked the crepes, but the bread pudding was also good. We also got very good use out of the hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, and fresh berries, our toddlers at their weight in all of that.
*I thought the appetizer options were very good, and I liked that they varied nightly. There was also a decent variety, with a plated option, something in a warmer, and a couple of salads, as well as a more kid appropriate choice and well as the veggies, cheese, PB&J. I thought the salads were really good.
* My DH and 2 toddlers are gluten free, and we were disappointed in how they handled that. It isn't that they wouldn't accommodate it, it's just that it took SO LONG! First they had to get a chef (which we are used to from stays everywhere at Disney). But the chef they got this time didn't know! So she had to go get some info and come back, then she was still kind of uncertain so my DH didn't really trust her, and then she said she could get something from the kitchen. So we did say yes to that, which was nice since we essentially got a dinner of chicken, veggies, and potatoes, but it took like 45 min. So while it was nice to get something to accommodate the GF, we didn't want to give up that kind of time, it defeated the purpose of stopping in the lounge for a quick snack, etc. I would say that night it took over an hour to get gluten free info and food for them. So typically my husband would just get a drink, or veggies, and the older kids and I would snack. It worked best at breakfast, since some things were obviously gluten free, and things that the younger 2 liked so breakfast was covered and we put enough in the fridge that they could have it for snacks and/or lunch when they were with a sitter.Also at breakfast they have GF bagels and an allergy toaster they keep in the back, which I knew from our previous stay, so one morning I did go through that process for the bagels.
*I liked the wine selection, with a sparkling and riesling, and they had more options than I remember typically (those are just the ones I liked best) They do serve it, but I never felt weird about it.
*The CMs were just ok. There was one young male CM who was extremely nice and helpful, he remembered us from the YC when we moved to the BC (he worked both) and then we had that connection so it was like a familiar face there. One time I was in the lounge in mid afternoon when it wasn't busy, and the CM working was chit chatting with a couple sitting at a table by the widows. I wanted a drink, so I stood a polite distance back and just hung out, obviously waiting but not intruding. She never said anything to me! Not a "I'll be right with you", not a nod, not a "just a second", and certainly not the "can I help you" that i was expecting after she reached a pause in her conversation. I finally went out and asked the CMs at the desk, who got me milk that I was looking for. I noticed this same CM chatting a lot with certain guests, I'm thinking maybe regulars?, but not with others. It seems like we weren't in the club or something. I kind of got that feeling at the YC more than other club levels.
*I love, love, love walking to Epcot and DHS. That, plus SAB, is the draw to the YC (and BC) to me. We have never taken a friendship boat, we would always rather walk that wait in any line and sit though multiple stops, so even if a boat is there we wouldn't ride it. In this case they weren't running to DHS, so I'm glad we don't use them. There was one walk from Epcot to DHS midday on our travel/arrival day in mid 90's heat that was kind of brutal, but i still love that you can walk! My DH will go through many hoops to avoid busses, and with a double stroller, 2 toddlers, and only 2 adults, taking a bus would be very difficult if not impossible. So we walked to DHS and EPcot from the YC and BC, and MK from the CR. We also took Minnie Vans a few times.
*we did have one CM, Paul, go above and beyond here at the lobby concierge. My DS8 lost his BB8 Magic band at SAB, and we checked twice but it was never recovered. The second time Paul put the money onto our portfolio and told me to go buy him another one! He even looked to see where they were in stock at DHS, which was where we were going later that night. Unfortunately he also lost his AP slider, but at least he can get another one since it was his old one and he can now get another with his new AP.

Whew, ok. Anyone still with me? Just wait, there is another for the BC coming up either tonight or tomorrow :rotfl2:. Overall, I like the YC and like the CL at the YC, but as a resort I prefer all 4 of the MK resorts to it both for the resort and for CL. This fits the bill for being able to walk to 2 parks, and the pool is amazing so I think those 2 reasons make it worth trying and staying at, but I just feel like I'm home when I'm at the MK resorts. The YC and the CL lounge are both a little prim and proper for me, and feel a bit stiff. Not so much that I don't feel like I should be there with kids, but enough that we're more at home at the Poly, GF, CR, or WL. I also like that those all feel more like a resort to me, with lots of outside areas, etc and here the outside area feels more like just a walkway to the BW, or parks. I don't know, I can't explain it, I enjoy our stays here and might stay here sometime again for the pool and walkability, but the MK area just feels more like Disney to me.

Hard to say - we were directed in the wrong direction TWICE by 2 different cast members!!!! But maybe about 15 minutes. We took the bus back, so not sure about the lights. The walk was fine, though.

The walkway along the canal is lit. Just curious about the wrong direction? There's only one walkway. Was this from the resort to access the walkway or from HS to get back to the resort? For those of you coming from BC/YC we find the best way is to head to the BW area, take a quick left just past the surrey bike rental spot, then a right just after Wyland Galleries to the pool area, past the clown slide and you'll run right in to the walkway. 20 minutes is the average time from resort to park entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter