Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for the responses! Not even sure if late March nighttime weather will even be warm enough for us to want to use the pool at night. I've just never known the actual rules for the quiet pools.

I don't think you missed the info. We have very little info about the cabanas, and what we do have is a bunch of conflicting info regarding prices and hours. Some reports have the half-day as 10-2 and 2-6 (4 hours each), but we have also seen 10-3 listed as the half-day hours.

I just read up on the generic cabana info posted by shoreward above, and there is no mention of the number of guests permitted in a single cabana.

If you wish, you could call the reservation number, (407) WDW-PLAY, (407) 939-7529 to inquire about price, availability and maximum capacity for a day during an upcoming trip.

On a related note- I have never looked into renting a cabana at any of the resorts. Do you have to be a guest of that resort to rent a cabana there? Or can someone staying at a different resort, or even off-site, rent a cabana at one of the restricted pools?

:fish:

I spoke with Recreation department today. I was told 10-2 or 3-7 for half or 10-7 for full, and I had to be a guest at the hotel to rent.

I just called about renting a cabana for a Sunday in late September, unfortunately, these are booked 180 days in advance, so I can't book quite yet, but here is the information that I received:

These are the full cabanas with two lounge chairs and two straight back chairs, they have a TV, Bluetooth speaker, resort phone, fan, refrigerator stocked with soda and water, fruit, and a CM for assistance (I may have missed another minor amenity but those are the ones I caught).

Max of 6 guests

Full day rental is 10-7. Half day is either 10-2 or 3-7. Pricing for my day was much lower than the previous poster for our dates the full day was $211.94, half day $137.39, but again this is seasonal so it may be different for a different time frame.

I booked for August today. I was quoted $211 for 1/2 day and charged $318 for full day. He definitely mentioned seasonal pricing.

742906B5-44B5-4FAE-ADE3-54672DA2CD95.jpeg FEE96024-8CA8-47CC-B3F4-E62964C42FB6.jpeg 6F93BF50-560C-4E20-AF89-9A14EB0143F6.jpeg 6DC0B055-15BD-4D31-AF24-6B6493036048.jpeg
These are the two posts from the YC Room View thread for Room 5173

I don't think I have anything for 5185

We were recently discussing this room because of the curtain you could pull to separate the room, but I'm guessing it is no longer there.

@Scott MC Can you confirm that?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-6#post-56492427

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-7#post-59717599

I missed this!
Yes, we had room 5173 for our honeymoon in August. There was a king bed, a full sized couch and coffee table. The prerequisite desk and chair was there also. There was no curtain, but you could see the ridge in the ceiling where it had been. Dee, feel free to use pics.

I just called about renting a cabana for a Sunday in late September, unfortunately, these are booked 180 days in advance, so I can't book quite yet, but here is the information that I received:

These are the full cabanas with two lounge chairs and two straight back chairs, they have a TV, Bluetooth speaker, resort phone, fan, refrigerator stocked with soda and water, fruit, and a CM for assistance (I may have missed another minor amenity but those are the ones I caught).

Max of 6 guests

Full day rental is 10-7. Half day is either 10-2 or 3-7. Pricing for my day was much lower than the previous poster for our dates the full day was $211.94, half day $137.39, but again this is seasonal so it may be different for a different time frame.
That is the exact price 211.94 they charged me for a half day. I’m going mid-May, so not high season. I think I’m going to call back. The girl who booked mine sounded pretty confused.

I don't think you missed the info. We have very little info about the cabanas, and what we do have is a bunch of conflicting info regarding prices and hours. Some reports have the half-day as 10-2 and 2-6 (4 hours each), but we have also seen 10-3 listed as the half-day hours.

I just read up on the generic cabana info posted by shoreward above, and there is no mention of the number of guests permitted in a single cabana.

If you wish, you could call the reservation number, (407) WDW-PLAY, (407) 939-7529 to inquire about price, availability and maximum capacity for a day during an upcoming trip.

On a related note- I have never looked into renting a cabana at any of the resorts. Do you have to be a guest of that resort to rent a cabana there? Or can someone staying at a different resort, or even off-site, rent a cabana at one of the restricted pools?

Thanks for the response. I did try calling the reservation number, but I was told that they only handle the cabana rentals for the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. She said I'd have to call the actual hotel, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

Thanks for the response. I did try calling the reservation number, but I was told that they only handle the cabana rentals for the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. She said I'd have to call the actual hotel, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

(407) WDW-PLAY, (407) 939-7529, is the number I called about these and if I had been in the booking window the CM could have booked for me. I think the CM you got was misinformed,

So I have a few questions about these cabanas. I called today to reserve a half day on May 20th. We just got our waitlist for BCV for the 15th-22nd. The cost with tax was $211. This isn’t something we would normally do, but it will be our first warm weather trip with my daughter, who turns one the day before we leave. I thought guaranteed shade for her on our pool day would be nice. I read on here that a half day was 10-3 but the lady I booked with told me it was 4 hours? Do we know which is correct? Also, where are they building these? Is it closish to the sandy/ zero entry area for my daughter? Thanks!

FWIW, half-day at other resorts with cabanas (GF, CY, Poly, for example) is 10-2 and 3-7.

The $211 is for a half-day? I need to go check what I’ve paid at GF and CR, but that seems pretty steep relatively speaking if my memory is correct (may not be, I need to check). Guess they are confident in their product. :-)

From a pic posted a couple of pages back, yes, they are near the sandy/zero entry part of SAB.

Okay. That makes sense on the times. We are headed to moonlight magic at Epcot that night, so that should work to let little one have a nap before we go. It did seem expensive. We may end up canceling, but wanted to go ahead and reserve in case we really do want it.

Sorry for the confusion on the times. I should have posted start times for 1/2 day are 10:00 and 3:00, not 10-3. I was so excited that reservations for the cabanas finally open. Pricing is seasonal. I am going during Srping Break, so price is definitely higher.

:) I'm planning to do the Regatta Run even though I haven't been able to do much training with the ice and snow and sub-zero temperatures we have had this month. But I will manage. ::yes:::)

The regatta run is only like 1.7 miles so I think you’ll be okay :thumbsup2

I always pretend dinosaurs are chasing me when I work out. Since Ellen's Energy Adventure has closed, I'll be those "Disnosaurs" are on the loose and available for chasing runners. That's probably an Up-Charge so you might want to check with recreation for the rates before you book any Disnosaurs.

~NM
raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.u2.jpg

We just returned from a lovely stay at the Beach Club. It was our first time there (although we've stayed at Boardwalk and the Dolphin multiple times) and we loved it. We were in room 4556. It was right by the single elevator and next to the ice machine. Luckily, not too many people get ice because you could really hear it in our room. We were facing the villas but if you leaned out to the right, you could watch the higher fireworks in Illuminations. It had a slightly bigger balcony than the one next door to us. No daybed in the room. We arrived at the airport at 10:30 a.m. and were at the BC by 11:30. Our room wasn't ready yet so we dropped our carry-ons at Bell Services and headed to MK. We ended up getting the text that the room was ready around 12:30.

We really enjoyed the resort. We had a little trouble with housekeeping midweek--they seemed to have just skipped our room for two days in a row although someone came in the room to leave us some DVC postcards with a note asking us to consider a tour. After a call to Housekeeping, they quickly brought us the items we needed and emptied our trash and they were back on track and got the room cleaned the next day. I know someone will ask--we were gone all day and did not leave the sign on the door--it was weird. In fact, when we left one day, housekeeping was cleaning the room across from ours and I told her we were going to be gone.

It was a great trip. We went to HS and MK After Hours events and will definitely do them again. The weather warmed up nicely which was fabulous after we fled the polar vortex. Thanks to all on this thread--I definitely read through several times before the trip to get excited about it.

Any recent reports on the status of K-cup coffee makers at BC? I know some have reported they’re in the process of swapping out the old pod machines, and I’m trying to decide whether it’s worth it to throw some k-cups into my carryon for the weekend. I don’t want to lug them along if I’m not going to be able to use them, but it’s worth it if there’s a good chance I’ll have a keurig. And if it’s still the pod machines in most rooms, is it still the meh Joffrey’s coffee pods?

This is really why DH prefers YC or having a CL room, so he doesn’t have to deal with my ongoing quest for drinkable coffee each morning. But the quest is a must, I need to be caffeinated for the safety of the other parkgoers.

Any recent reports on the status of K-cup coffee makers at BC? I know some have reported they’re in the process of swapping out the old pod machines, and I’m trying to decide whether it’s worth it to throw some k-cups into my carryon for the weekend. I don’t want to lug them along if I’m not going to be able to use them, but it’s worth it if there’s a good chance I’ll have a keurig. And if it’s still the pod machines in most rooms, is it still the meh Joffrey’s coffee pods?

This is really why DH prefers YC or having a CL room, so he doesn’t have to deal with my ongoing quest for drinkable coffee each morning. But the quest is a must, I need to be caffeinated for the safety of the other parkgoers.
Following along! We are not arriving till July but I would like to know if I should pack some K-Cups or our travel coffee pot. I get up pretty early and most places are not open yet for coffee and I am not a fan of the Joffrey's pods. Hoping they are switching all the rooms to K-cup coffee makers.

I booked for August today. I was quoted $211 for 1/2 day and charged $318 for full day. He definitely mentioned seasonal pricing.

Is the booking paid in full at the time booked and non-refundable? We're going in August and want to book, but not 100% sure yet!

Max of 6 guests

It must be seasonal because I have reserved one for April 25th for half day and it was $211.

Is the booking paid in full at the time booked and non-refundable? We're going in August and want to book, but not 100% sure yet!

FWIW, they could run these differently I guess, but for other resort cabanas, payment is due in full at the time of booking and they have a one day cancellation policy with full refund.

FWIW, they could run these differently I guess, but for other resort cabanas, payment is due in full at the time of booking and they have a one day cancellation policy with full refund.

They are handling these in the same way as they do the other resorts. Paid in full with the one day cancellation.

The CM also mentioned that they will refund if they have to cancel due to inclement weather. Have you had that happen? Curious how they handle if they close the pool for a few hours in the afternoon. Do they partially refund, or is it you used part of your reservation so no refund and just part of the chance you take?

....welcome to the BC/YC:

enhance

...and if you decide to use one of the water vehicles, my DS is working at the marina....

[And sometimes at the pool gate or atop the slide...;) ]

Hi all! I'm getting ready for my April/May trip at Beach Club and was able to book an Illuminations cruise, which I'm so excited for. The CM on the phone mentioned I could get catering on the boat. Does anyone have any experience with that? Good/bad/indifferent? I'm just wondering if it's worthwhile. I asked this question on the Theme Parks community board but I haven't received any responses so I thought I'd ask here since everyone has such great information. Thanks!

We arrived at the airport at 10:30 a.m. and were at the BC by 11:30.

What a different experience than we had. I assume you used ME? We used it for only the second time on Sunday the 3rd. It took about 2.5 hours to get to YC. We have not had good luck with ME either time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter