Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Staying at Yacht Club and want to try Ale and a Compass for breakfast. Is the buffet option (with entree) way too much food?
We have had lunch there before on our last visit and enjoyed it.

Welcome! I like to think my persuasive powers in the other thread made the difference, but I'm pretty sure the idea sold itself. I will warn you: it may be difficult to stay elsewhere in the future 😁

I believe you said that was your last day before flying out in the evening, right? There are nice showers (with soap, shampoo, towels, etc.) and changing rooms you can use next to the bathroom near beaches & cream if you want to wash off the bromine on your way out. There are also free lockers at SAB.

Congrats and have a great time!
YES, you helped so much! Sorry I haven't been on much.
And thanks for the tip about the showers!! We frequent DLand CA a lot, and that's something we love about The Grand Californian Hotel-a quick after pool shower before we leave.

For the drink dispenser near Hurricane Hannah can you get water from that dispenser without a purchased mug?

You don't need a purchased mug for water. You can get water from the dispenser with any container. All of the dispensers, including the Freestyle machines, will dispense water. :)
Staying at Yacht Club and want to try Ale and a Compass for breakfast. Is the buffet option (with entree) way too much food?
We have had lunch there before on our last visit and enjoyed it.
We had the breakfast at Ale and Compass with the additional buffet. It was more food than we needed, but when you added the buffet it included coffee and juice, along with fruit, sweet rolls, sliced meats and cheeses, etc. I grabbed some Parker House rolls and some sliced ham for lunch later in the day. We figure that if we just had the entrees and added coffee and juice ala cart, then it would have cost about the same amount of money. :)

Unless we're all still strapped indoors come October, I'm so looking forward to my trip.

First time at the Beach Club Villas. Have two quick questions:

1. I've been hearing and reading in some BCV reviews that housekeeping isn't daily. Since I'm staying at a Studio in the BCV, but I'm NOT a DVC member, will I get daily housekeeping? Or will it be every years days like the DVC schedule?

2. The reusable mugs. I know that you can't get free soda, drinks, etc. in the parks with the mugs, BUT, can you bring the mugs into the park with you? My wife and I were looking forward to enjoying a nice mug of coffee in the early morning as we take a nice stroll to Hollywood Studios to get a boarding group for ROTR.

Any help would be great!

Thanks everyone :-)

Kyle

Unless we're all still strapped indoors come October, I'm so looking forward to my trip.

First time at the Beach Club Villas. Have two quick questions:

1. I've been hearing and reading in some BCV reviews that housekeeping isn't daily. Since I'm staying at a Studio in the BCV, but I'm NOT a DVC member, will I get daily housekeeping? Or will it be every years days like the DVC schedule?

2. The reusable mugs. I know that you can't get free soda, drinks, etc. in the parks with the mugs, BUT, can you bring the mugs into the park with you? My wife and I were looking forward to enjoying a nice mug of coffee in the early morning as we take a nice stroll to Hollywood Studios to get a boarding group for ROTR.

Any help would be great!

Thanks everyone :-)

Kyle
1. It depends on how you booked. If you booked directly with Disney it would be treated as a regular room with daily housekeeping. If booked with rented points from an owner or broker you would not get daily housekeeping unless you paid extra for it.

2. Yes you can take your mugs to a park.

Sadly our May trip is cancelled. :( Hoping to go in October for our anniversary. Planning on a GF/YC split. Have two nights
GF booked but am waiting for discounts and or the parks reopening before making any more plans.

1. It depends on how you booked. If you booked directly with Disney it would be treated as a regular room with daily housekeeping. If booked with rented points from an owner or broker you would not get daily housekeeping unless you paid extra for it.

2. Yes you can take your mugs to a park.

Sadly our May trip is cancelled. :( Hoping to go in October for our anniversary. Planning on a GF/YC split. Have two nights
GF booked but am waiting for discounts and or the parks reopening before making any more plans.

Thanks for the fast response!!

I'm sorry May is cancelled. Here's hoping October works out for you!!

You don't need a purchased mug for water. You can get water from the dispenser with any container. All of the dispensers, including the Freestyle machines, will dispense water. :)

We had the breakfast at Ale and Compass with the additional buffet. It was more food than we needed, but when you added the buffet it included coffee and juice, along with fruit, sweet rolls, sliced meats and cheeses, etc. I grabbed some Parker House rolls and some sliced ham for lunch later in the day. We figure that if we just had the entrees and added coffee and juice ala cart, then it would have cost about the same amount of money. :)
So they let you have a to go box with what was left of your plate?

Hmm, what happened!!! I might have to retake the quiz
View attachment 486389o_O
I got Poly too. I have never stayed there... maybe I might have to try it.
Reason I haven't yet, is it always seems so busy, as so many people beyond resort guests enjoy all the popular dining options. I like a relaxed atmosphere... and Poly doesn't seem relaxed to me. That's why I have enjoyed AKL, BCV (not at Storm Along Bay) and OKW.

I got AKL because our favorite park and 2 of our top rides are there. The 2nd time it took it based in what answers I thought would lean YC (& BC), and I was right. The associated answers are still true for us, just not our best or top answers. I love AKL; DH not so much. YC is top resort for our family when approached holistically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter