• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

we are a party of 2..I will definitely try that! Thanks

Sure! I'm solo but always look for at least 2 a) in case a friend wants to meet up for a meal and b) because the system doesn't always like solos. Because I know they've changed things up with COVID, I did look for 3 or 4 on Saturday (and in tweaking) and in a couple of cases I did book those ADRs. But I'm checking daily to drop it to 2.

Sure! I'm solo but always look for at least 2 a) in case a friend wants to meet up for a meal and b) because the system doesn't always like solos. Because I know they've changed things up with COVID, I did look for 3 or 4 on Saturday (and in tweaking) and in a couple of cases I did book those ADRs. But I'm checking daily to drop it to 2.
This worked at the resort and for an ADR in Epcot. About 20 mins. before your ADR, go to your reservation on the MDE and do a check in if it's active. It will ask how many adults, how many children, and a list of allergies you can check.

The location for 1075 was awesome- not too far from the lobby and Market. We weren’t far from an exit, but you shouldn’t take ECV’s on stairs. Our view was nice, facing mostly SAB, but also could see the gazebo and the lake. There was even a ramp to get Pop’s wheelchair in and out.View attachment 536690View attachment 536692View attachment 536693View attachment 536694View attachment 536696

That is a gorgeous view!!! Do you know if it is classified as a garden view or water view?

I'll post your awesome pictures and detailed room descriptions on the YC Room Views thread.

:goodvibes

That is a gorgeous view!!! Do you know if it is classified as a garden view or water view?

I'll post your awesome pictures and detailed room descriptions on the YC Room Views thread.

It is water view. Just a perfect spot, considering not everything on a personal level went right.
By the way, the email for the manager works. I had an exceptional interaction with cast members helping Pop, and I emailed late on Tuesday (Nov 3). I thought it would be a few days before hearing back but a manager on duty emailed me back at 3am Nov 4!

We're here now and took a bus from MK to YC this afternoon. It was an extremely slow time for buses (we were the only one on it) and it was not shared with BW.
We took buses to/from MK (820am/7pm) today (it was so quiet, waits were typical half of the posted times) and we did not share with BWI. Morning bus was specifically just YC and we only waited about 8 minutes, the bus on the way back was shared drop between YC/BC.

This worked at the resort and for an ADR in Epcot. About 20 mins. before your ADR, go to your reservation on the MDE and do a check in if it's active. It will ask how many adults, how many children, and a list of allergies you can check.
Did it let you add one person when you checked in?

Checking in this morning for a 2 night solo stay at the YC GV. I made the reservation on Wednesday so everything is very last minute.

I'm only going to Epcot and was able to get an ADR for lunch at Chefs for Friday and Saturday dinner at Trattoria al Forno.

It's been about 20 years since I've stayed at the YC!

Checking in this morning for a 2 night solo stay at the YC GV. I made the reservation on Wednesday so everything is very last minute.

I'm only going to Epcot and was able to get an ADR for lunch at Chefs for Friday and Saturday dinner at Trattoria al Forno.

It's been about 20 years since I've stayed at the YC!

Enjoy your stay!!!

:cool2:

Pardon me if this is already being talked about, but are the BC rooms currently being renovated during their closure?

Changing my January stay to the Contemporary. Variety of reasons, the biggest being my final day is going to be shorter due to a flight change I opted for (airline change because I didn't trust that the old one actually had my reservation as the website and app still showed the initial flights and would not let me make any changes or even SEE the seating chart) it just makes more sense to shift to the Contemporary and walk to and from MK for max park time!

Landed at MCO at 11am. Been at AK since then, currently in line for FOP. Still don’t have a BCV studio room assignment. Let me know if I need to check anything out for anyone. We will be at BCV until Friday (moving to a one bedroom to use up some points on Tuesday). We have two full day SAB cabanas booked!!!

Landed at MCO at 11am. Been at AK since then, currently in line for FOP. Still don’t have a BCV studio room assignment. Let me know if I need to check anything out for anyone. We will be at BCV until Friday (moving to a one bedroom to use up some points on Tuesday). We have two full day SAB cabanas booked!!!
Enjoy! I'd like to hear all about the cabana experience! Also, interested to know what, if any, Christmas decor is present in the main BC lobby knowing that the typical gingerbread stuff isn't happening this year and also in the BCV lobby. Hope you have a great trip!!

Enjoy! I'd like to hear all about the cabana experience! Also, interested to know what, if any, Christmas decor is present in the main BC lobby knowing that the typical gingerbread stuff isn't happening this year and also in the BCV lobby. Hope you have a great trip!!

Will report from the cabana later this week! No decorations yet at BC nor YC, have not been to BCV yet, but likely nothing there yet either.

Xmas doesn't 'arrive' until the 19th at the resort. That should happen overnight from the 18th and be ready in the AM of the 19th.

Does anyone have any news about crowding at SAB? We're wondering how many mask-free people there are generally hanging out around the pool. Hoping to arrive in just 20 days. :)

Changing my January stay to the Contemporary. Variety of reasons, the biggest being my final day is going to be shorter due to a flight change I opted for (airline change because I didn't trust that the old one actually had my reservation as the website and app still showed the initial flights and would not let me make any changes or even SEE the seating chart) it just makes more sense to shift to the Contemporary and walk to and from MK for max park time!

Wishing you a most magical trip!

Hope your stay is fantastic and the weather is great for relaxing in a cabana!

:woohoo:

I haven't been paying attention but I didn't know that about the gingerbread decorations- makes sense. This is not the year to have crowds gathering and gawking in resort lobbies.

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter