Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

No you don't have to be physicall in the park at 1 PM to try for a BG. You just have to have entered HS before 1 PM. For example you could be taking a lunch break at Beaches and Cream at the YC / BC and still be eligible for the 1 PM BG window.

Dave
Well....this link from Disney begs to differ......
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/star-wars-galaxys-edge/request-boarding-group-in-advance/
Note: Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.

As with many items on disneyworld.disney.go.com site data this statement is not accurate.

They don't know or care if you are in physically in HS, the parking lot taking a break or over at YC at 1 PM. The system just needs to validate that you scanned into HS before 1 PM. There is no location tracking just recording of park entry when you scan into the park.

Please check the home screen on MDE under the image with the 2 AT AT for the correct and most recent wording for both the 7 AM BG drop and the 1 PM BG drop. You can also reference the Virtual Queue page and click the Join Virtual Queue button at any time to see the How to Experience details for specifics.

Swing by this thread in the TPAS Forum: https://www.disboards.com/threads/read-post-1-2-first-rise-of-the-resistance-boarding-group-planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/ for the latest details

Dave

As with many items on disneyworld.disney.go.com site data this statement is not accurate.

They don't know or care if you are in physically in HS, the parking lot taking a break or over at YC at 1 PM. The system just needs to validate that you scanned into HS before 1 PM. There is no location tracking just recording of park entry when you scan into the park.

Please check the home screen on MDE under the image with the 2 AT AT for the correct and most recent wording for both the 7 AM BG drop and the 1 PM BG drop. You can also reference the Virtual Queue page and click the Join Virtual Queue button at any time to see the How to Experience details for specifics.

Swing by this thread in the TPAS Forum: https://www.disboards.com/threads/read-post-1-2-first-rise-of-the-resistance-boarding-group-planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/ for the latest details

Dave
We'll have to agree to disagree on the wording. The home screen on MDE under the image you reference says "Or, try at 1:00 PM after you've entered Disney's Hollywood Studios."

And again, on the virtual queue page "Once inside Disney Hollywood Studios, please check back here for another opportunity....".

I agree about the accuracy on Disneyworld.disney.com but would say the same about some of the information on the forums.

Page 1767

Guess they didn’t set up the train display at the Yacht Club this year. I always enjoy it and look forward to the changes year to year.

Just wanted to :welcome: you to posting on this therad!

:goodvibes:

Just book 6/13-6/19! My dad's room in YC is a wheelchair-accessible with a tub, water view. Any ideas where those are? I'm hoping it's a "good" water view and not something you have to lean off your balcony and tilt your head to find the lagoon :) I tried looking at Touring Plans but their finder didn't seem to show any rooms in that category. The map posted in the beginning of this board has so many colors I can barely tell which is the one I'm looking for lol.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I do agree that those color-coded maps are very hard to read. You can presumably figure out which rooms are handicap-accessible, but there is no information about which rooms have a tub or a roll-in shower. I don't know for a fact, but I would assume that the HA rooms only have roll-in showers, but again, that is not based on any actual knowledge.

Is it important that you have a tub in the room as opposed to a shower, or does that not matter?

:cool1:

I don't have an answer to your question, but I do agree that those color-coded maps are very hard to read. You can presumably figure out which rooms are handicap-accessible, but there is no information about which rooms have a tub or a roll-in shower. I don't know for a fact, but I would assume that the HA rooms only have roll-in showers, but again, that is not based on any actual knowledge.

I've only been in DVC rooms lately, but for some unknown reason I always get assigned to a HA room (which I do not need and do not request) and I have never had a roll in shower. This is at various DVC resorts at WDW, not just BCV.

Stupid question, and not BC/BCV/YC specific, but I figured since we check in Thursday night to BCV I'd ask all you lovely people my usual stupid question that I should know by now but somehow don't lol. So I am going with my youngest DD who will be turning 10 on Friday, and of course we want a birthday button, can we still get those at the front desk? I've only had one celebration button and that was waiting for us in our room, I've never done it before, but I know the day we checked in at Thanksgiving one of the people was like "let me go get you a button from the front desk!!!" so I figured they must be doing it. I don't want to drag her over there in the morning if I don't have to though for nothing.

Thanks for any help for this very naive celebrator.

I just realized that I don't have the movie schedule and activities calendar for February. Is there anyone there now, or who was at the resort earlier this month who could provide me with a photo?

You can post it here or email to beachclubdee at yahoo.

Thanks!

I've only been in DVC rooms lately, but for some unknown reason I always get assigned to a HA room (which I do not need and do not request) and I have never had a roll in shower. This is at various DVC resorts at WDW, not just BCV.

Thanks for that info.

So much for me assuming...

:rolleyes1

Curious about the hours for Stormalong Bay. I hit the googles (as you do) and it listed hours from 10am-10pm. However, I am not sure if those are pre-pandemic or pandemic hours. could someone please let me know what the current hours for the pool are? Y'all the best!

Curious about the hours for Stormalong Bay. I hit the googles (as you do) and it listed hours from 10am-10pm. However, I am not sure if those are pre-pandemic or pandemic hours. could someone please let me know what the current hours for the pool are? Y'all the best!

Disney feature pools across property moved to 10am-10pm around Labor Day. Even though we’re currently in a period where pool hours are often seasonally adjusted shorter, so far Disney has stuck to the 10am-10pm hours.

Page 1768

Does anyone know where we can find a list, or list out what you remember, of what's currently in the grab and go case at the Market at Ale and Compass? We stayed at YC in 2018 and loved having cured meats, olives, and other "adult" snacks available for late nights on the balcony. We'll be there again in late May and I'm really hoping the selections are still the same.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Great question- I looked at the Marketplace/Gift Shop posts. The quick service menus are current, but the links and info about what is available for groceries or other grab and go items are outdated.

Does anyone have recent photos (since Aug 2020) of what is in the cases at Beach Club Marketplace and/or Marketplace at Ale & Compass?
(or if you have provided pictures and I haven't updated the posts, let me know)

:thumbsup2

I can confirm that there were signs on the tables when we were there last week. This was Saturday evening when we ate at Beaches and Cream and did some shopping at both resorts.

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thanks for the info!

::yes::

Dee- Could you change our dates on the BOG list? We are again changing our dates-hopefully for the last time. Is the fourth time the charm??? Our new, hopefully final dates are 9/10-9/18 @ YC. I want us all to be vaccinated and while I’ll be done by the weekend, my guys will be a while yet. I’m hoping things will be somewhat improved by then. I really, really want to be relaxing by SAB having an adult cocktail! September can’t get here soon enough!

Will do!

:goodvibes

The "do not sit at this table" signs at Cape May were there in December and January when I was there. I haven't been over to the resort this month yet but the distancing signs on the tables is nothing new. Most restaurant closures are because of distancing guidelines in the kitchen among the cast members.

:welcome: back to posting here!

:cool2:

can anyone confirm how far in advance you can reserve a cabana and what the full day cost is with a DVC discount? thank you!

:welcome: back!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

:goodvibes

We just booked the BC for our end of summer 7 night vacation. After booking the resort standard room, I see that they have the studio deluxe DVC room available for the same price. Is one larger than the other? If i understand correctly, the standard resort room is 2 queen beds, but no type of kitchenette. Does it have a balcony? A sofa? Mini Fridge?

The DVC studio seems to have just one bed, sofa, and kitchenette.

It’s just two adults. I’m assuming both have the same amenities and share the same property. I may switch to the studio just for kitchenette since we are there for 7 nights.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. I don’t know much about the BC or the surrounding area.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. August?

If you go to Page 1, Post 16, you will see reviews/comparisons between a BC standard room and BCV studio.

The BC rooms have either 2 Queen Beds or 1 King. May or may not have a daybed. May have a full balcony or a small Juliet (standing room only) balcony. Yes mini fridge. No kitchenette.

I have never stayed at BCV, so I am not as sure about the features of the room- Check out Page 1, Posts 10 & 11 for details about the BCV rooms, particularly for what is included in the studio kitchenette.

Yes, YC/BC/BCV share resort amenities

We booked a 7 night trip at Yacht Club to celebrate my oldest’s graduation from high school! June 20-27. Can’t wait! So many events were put on hold for us in 2020 that this trip will be the bomb. Trying to find ways to make it special. Any specialideas for a graduate?? (Already planning to rent a cabana at Yacht club, if we are so lucky to get a reservation).

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
We just made the switch from Poly to YC Feb 24-28. With (mostly) everything in refurb, we wanted to go to a resort we could enjoy. DD is turning 9 and is a water bug, so she'll love the pool.

Anyone know if In Room Dining is being offered yet? I swore I heard someone mention they have opened it to a few resorts.

We have a spring (March) trip planned and I just saw something g that part of storm along bay (only the slide) is closing soon for spring refurbishment. I don’t think I can mention the site on here, but does anyone know anything more about this and/or the time frame??

We just made the switch from Poly to YC Feb 24-28. With (mostly) everything in refurb, we wanted to go to a resort we could enjoy. DD is turning 9 and is a water bug, so she'll love the pool.

Anyone know if In Room Dining is being offered yet? I swore I heard someone mention they have opened it to a few resorts.
It was available when we were at the BCVs back in January. No trays or real plates. They deliver it to your door in a brown bag with everything packaged in "to go" containers similar to mobile ordering. Plastic utensils and condiment packages as well.

There is in-room dining at YC 🤗

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter